HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Our MVP next year... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=91984)

nyrfuture 07-17-2004 04:15 PM

Our MVP next year...

Jaromir Jagr... He has always put up good numbers in NY and played well for a bad Pittsburgh team. We haven't had any 40 goal, 50 assists players on the rangers for a while. Now I know it's hard to put up big numbers in the league now but I can see it happening with all of his skill. He will definitely score most of our goals if he stays healthy. When I saw his game last year he looked like a gliding power forward which was awesome. We didn't see a lot of speed from him but I think he learned slowing down the game from his former partner in crime Mario.

NYR469 07-17-2004 04:29 PM

gee going out on a limb on that one with all the establish veterans to compete with jagr lol

DarthSather99 07-17-2004 09:22 PM

I predict a rebound, Dunham. Allaire will work miracles. Then we can trade him for a high draft pick at the trade deadline, sign Montoya. Push Blackburn to the NHL and trade Lundqvist for another high pick in the upcoming draft. Prepare for Crosby!!! :dunno: :banana:

DarthSather99 for GM!!!! :shakehead

Evgeny Oliker 07-19-2004 12:53 AM

yes, jagr will have a good year but the most important position in hockey is GOALTENDING...and it wont be dunham because renney i'm sure will want to let the young guys play...so Blackburn, feeling the heat from montoya, will have a superb year and establish himself as the Rangers' true #1 goalie!

Sicilian 07-19-2004 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1
yes, jagr will have a good year but the most important position in hockey is GOALTENDING...and it wont be dunham because renney i'm sure will want to let the young guys play...so Blackburn, feeling the heat from montoya, will have a superb year and establish himself as the Rangers' true #1 goalie!

i'm not sure blackburn will get a whole lot of time next year. he may not even be back for training camp, so he should start off in hartford splitting time with labarbera, and if he plays well take over the bulk of the ahl starts. we can afford to give him a full year in hartford for condition and rehab, the future of this team as a competitive one is still a few years away.

one question, what exactly is an mvp on a bottom five team? i'm more concerned with who is going to breakout and be a reason for hope for the future. my money is on tyutin, i think by years end he'll be our best overall defenseman, IMO.

pld459666 07-19-2004 12:05 PM

My Vote Goes To....

Poti :dunno:

:lol :lol :lol

Radek27 07-19-2004 04:21 PM

We need whoever our starting goalie is to be our MVP along with Jagr. Dunham is wayyyyyyyyy to injury prone for me to put as a starter for an 82 game schedule. I want us to sign a better goalie who can split time with Labarbara who shouold earn the backup job in camp..............I don[t see how more time in the AHL is good for him.