HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Continued Jeff Carter discussion (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=919863)

GKJ 06-01-2011 07:35 AM

Continued Jeff Carter discussion

The old thread was removed because the source of the claimed rumor is not a reputable media source, which isn't allowed. So, try and stick with the people you know actually have real sources (networks, beat writers, on the off-chance radio, accredited blogs such as Puck Daddy on Yahoo, SBNation, etc.)

Jester 06-01-2011 07:51 AM

Jeff Carter doesn't work out when he's at the beach. Fact, the beat writer even suggested as much.

What a bum.

BernieParent 06-01-2011 08:02 AM

My Magic 8 Ball said Carter is 'unlikely' to score 30 goals this year.

JLHockeyKnight 06-01-2011 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go david krejci 430 (Post 33346639)
The old thread was removed because the source of the claimed rumor is not a reputable media source, which isn't allowed. So, try and stick with the people you know actually have real sources (networks, beat writers, on the off-chance radio, accredited blogs such as Puck Daddy on Yahoo, SBNation, etc.)

It was there for like over a week.

Also, the words accredited and blogs should not be uttered in the same sentence.

JLHockeyKnight 06-01-2011 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BernieParent (Post 33346858)
My Magic 8 Ball said Carter is 'unlikely' to score 30 goals this year.

It also said to "Ask Again Later" when I asked if Carter would be traded.

When I asked if Shelley was going to get a new contract with the Flyers after his current contract is up, it responded "LOL."

GKJ 06-01-2011 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight (Post 33346917)
It was there for like over a week.

Also, the words accredited and blogs should not be uttered in the same sentence.

I know, I was just told it had to come down, otherwise we have to start allowing anyone who posts something on Twitter. It doesn't mean we can't continue the discussion, since everyone is speculating anyways, so just made a new thread.

orange is better 06-01-2011 10:39 AM

The amount of Crap Carter gets for being a lock for 30-40 goals is absurd. Oh, and how about we actually give him a chance to play a playoff series without an unlucky injury before we start calling him a playoff disappearing act. If Jeff Carter is removed from this team, the offense automatically becomes overwhelmingly mediocre

GoneFullHextall 06-01-2011 11:36 AM

couldnt we have just changed the thread title to the thread that was removed? we seemed to have some good discussion going on there.
Anyway, I dont want Carter traded. But at the same time if a deal comes along that makes our team better you do it. Anyone can be traded. That being said I would only deal Carter if a legit starting goaltending comes back. and I am not talking about Peter Budaj here.

Ghost of Downie* 06-01-2011 11:42 AM

Jeff Carter intentionally gets injured every year to hide how unclutch he is in the playoffs.

dingbathero 06-01-2011 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost of Downie (Post 33350135)
Jeff Carter intentionally gets injured every year to hide how unclutch he is in the playoffs.

http://memedepot.com/uploads/0/207_n...if_serious.jpg

GoneFullHextall 06-01-2011 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dingbathero (Post 33350262)

its quite obvious he told Pronger to take a slapshot at his foot last year in the playoffs.:sarcasm:

FreshPerspective 06-01-2011 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren (Post 33350299)
its quite obvious he told Pronger to take a slapshot at his foot last year in the palyoffs.:sarcasm:

Pronger is a cancer....:sarcasm:

Beef Invictus 06-01-2011 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrDoom (Post 33350383)
Pronger is a cancer....:sarcasm:

Specifically, foot cancer.

GoneFullHextall 06-01-2011 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Invictus (Post 33350408)

wouldnt that be feet cancer:sarcasm:

orange is better 06-01-2011 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren (Post 33350576)
wouldnt that be feet cancer:sarcasm:

Feets cancer

JLHockeyKnight 06-01-2011 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Invictus (Post 33350408)

Ask Foppa.

orange is better 06-01-2011 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight (Post 33351124)
Ask Foppa.

peter feetsberg

Ghost of Downie* 06-01-2011 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dingbathero (Post 33350262)

What other explanation is there?!?!?!?!?!

Bad luck obviously doesn't exist.

JLHockeyKnight 06-01-2011 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orange is better (Post 33351207)
peter feetsberg

Almost as good as Jonathan Toes.

FlyerSithLord 06-01-2011 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orange is better (Post 33351207)
peter feetsberg

All those years playing with Adam Foote.

F L Y E R S 06-01-2011 01:19 PM

Whatever, I stand by my hate for Carter. Would love nothing more then the Flyers management break up the Carter/Richards bromance.

JLHockeyKnight 06-01-2011 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyerSithLord (Post 33351914)
All those years playing with Adam Foote.

I'm ashamed I didn't choose that one first. No idea how I overlooked that one, it's pretty obvious.

phillyfanatic 06-01-2011 01:51 PM

LOL - I came into this thread surprised there was so much Carter discussion. Guess Not.

For me, Carter=Thornton. If we trade him, it is just a matter of time before he continues his "40 goal production" in the postseason. There is literally NO REASON why he wouldn't be able to produce in the postseason. People say all kinds of stuff, but people said the same **** about Thornton. Even Marleau proved the doubters wrong. Sedin X2 were bums until San Jose, etc, etc. Guys get hot in the playoffs and look "Clutch". Does anyone really think Umberger is the most clutch player in Flyer history? Or did he just get hot against Montreal for a few games in the playoffs? Over 82 games, Carter is good for 35ish goals. If playing in 20 playoff games he should be good for 8-10 goals.

Last two years, Carter has 6 goals in 18 games which is a pace of 27 goals in an 82 game season. Everyone knows, goals are harder to come by in the playoffs. Everyone knows 2 years ago Carter had two bad wheels and this past playoffs he played hurt again. And yet still, his production is that of a 27 goal scorer.

Really, it amazes me how this guy is considered a "playoff bust" by many. If we trade him, I am "fine" with it, so long as we 1. Fix the goalies and 2. Get MAJOR core pieces for the future. If we were to trade Carter, it better blow me out of the water.

dookie88 06-01-2011 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillyfanatic (Post 33352653)
LOL - I came into this thread surprised there was so much Carter discussion. Guess Not.

For me, Carter=Thornton. If we trade him, it is just a matter of time before he continues his "40 goal production" in the postseason. There is literally NO REASON why he wouldn't be able to produce in the postseason. People say all kinds of stuff, but people said the same **** about Thornton. Even Marleau proved the doubters wrong. Sedin X2 were bums until San Jose, etc, etc. Guys get hot in the playoffs and look "Clutch". Does anyone really think Umberger is the most clutch player in Flyer history? Or did he just get hot against Montreal for a few games in the playoffs? Over 82 games, Carter is good for 35ish goals. If playing in 20 playoff games he should be good for 8-10 goals.

Last two years, Carter has 6 goals in 18 games which is a pace of 27 goals in an 82 game season. Everyone knows, goals are harder to come by in the playoffs. Everyone knows 2 years ago Carter had two bad wheels and this past playoffs he played hurt again. And yet still, his production is that of a 27 goal scorer.

Really, it amazes me how this guy is considered a "playoff bust" by many. If we trade him, I am "fine" with it, so long as we 1. Fix the goalies and 2. Get MAJOR core pieces for the future. If we were to trade Carter, it better blow me out of the water.

Yes sir.

I think the San Jose comparison is quite a good one.
I think the Flyers should try to do the same thing the Sharks did the last couple of years, that was turning their depth into high octane offense on the first two lines and get a bit grittier on the bottom six.

Positive here is that the Flyers actually have twice the D the Sharks have and have a great opportunity to solve the goaltending for 5+ years.

FlyerSithLord 06-01-2011 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillyfanatic (Post 33352653)

This really sums up my feelings as well. Great post.