HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Carolina - Chicago (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=920722)

Jerry Lundegaard 06-03-2011 12:28 AM

Carolina - Chicago
 
:hawks

Zach Boychuk
2011 First Round Pick (12th Overall)


:canes

Niklas Hjalmarsson
2011 First Round Pick (18th Overall)


Chicago gets a forward prospect who will be NHL ready, cap relief (assuming they are cap trouble, if not, apologies) and a bump up a few spots in the draft.

Canes get a much needed top 4 dman. Thin UFA pool...Carolina needs to trade in order to get what they need. Derek Joslin won't cut it, lol

Hjalmarsson's value is higher than Boychuk's. Does the switching of picks compensate for that?

-----


I'm trying to think of what Boychuk + Pick can get for Carolina.

Jeffrey Lebowski 06-03-2011 12:35 AM

Boychuk is an interesting piece, but unfortunately he doesn't help the Hawks right now... which is ultimately what we would be looking for.

Something around Boychuk for Lalonde is more along the lines of what the Hawks would be interested in, I'd imagine.

Piffle 06-03-2011 12:38 AM

I would probably do this from the Hawks side, myself. Some nice NHL ready center depth, a little cap relief, and a bit of a move up. I would hate to lose Hjalmarsson, but I think we might have to do something like this...

This assumes Bowman Jr. doesn't pull a rabbit out of his butt and figure out a way to move Campbell.

Jerry Lundegaard 06-03-2011 12:40 AM

What are Chicago's needs going into 2011-2012?

Piffle 06-03-2011 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffrey Lebowski (Post 33389274)
Boychuk is an interesting piece, but unfortunately he doesn't help the Hawks right now...

I don't think I agree. I think a young third line center that can fill in if/when Bolland has injury trouble again is exactly what we need. The question is do we ultimately need to move Hjalmarsson. If we do have to move him, I am ok with a trade like this. We don't need offensive D prospects, or wing prospects. We need a center that can play now, maybe a defensive D prospect or two, and maybe one more goalie prospect that won't be ready for a while (which I don't generally think is worth trading for or drafting early).

Jerry Lundegaard 06-03-2011 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piffle (Post 33389390)
I don't think I agree. I think a young third line center that can fill in if/when Bolland has injury trouble again is exactly what we need. The question is do we ultimately need to move Hjalmarsson. If we do have to move him, I am ok with a trade like this. We don't need offensive D prospects, or wing prospects. We need a center that can play now, maybe a defensive D prospect or two, and maybe one more goalie prospect that won't be ready for a while (which I don't generally think is worth trading for or drafting early).



I don't think Boychuk is ready to play a definite role as a center.

If you need a goalie prospect who won't be ready for a while, the canes have Pogge:nod:

showtime8 06-03-2011 12:56 AM

I really like Boychuk's game, but I don't think he's lived up to where he was drafted.

Niklas Hjalmarsson got a bit bigger contract than what Chicago wanted to pay because of the contract match.

Pretty fair deal, but I think Carolina might have to add a late round pick or mid to low range prospect.

Jeffrey Lebowski 06-03-2011 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piffle (Post 33389390)
I don't think I agree. I think a young third line center that can fill in if/when Bolland has injury trouble again is exactly what we need. The question is do we ultimately need to move Hjalmarsson. If we do have to move him, I am ok with a trade like this. We don't need offensive D prospects, or wing prospects. We need a center that can play now, maybe a defensive D prospect or two, and maybe one more goalie prospect that won't be ready for a while (which I don't generally think is worth trading for or drafting early).

I do see your point, we definitely need to add down the middle to our prospect pool... but with Kruger being close to being a full-time NHLer, I'm not sure we're in any rush to acquire someone like Boychuk for next year only. I'm assuming by 12-13, if not sooner, Kruger will be fully ready.

What we need now, in my opinion, is a guy with experience for our 3rd line on a one year deal. Someone who can PK, play with a bit of an edge and show Smith and Bickell how to play their role effectively. Meanwhile, Kruger can work on his game in Rockford or on the wing in the NHL.

Ultimately, Boychuk is not really what we're looking for at the expense of Hjalmarsson IMO.

Edit: I'm all for acquiring Boychuk if he's got top 6 center potential, as I'm not too sold on Pirri as of yet... but it would have to be for a pick/prospect or for an asset that would be replaceable for next year.

Jerry Lundegaard 06-03-2011 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by showtime8 (Post 33389454)
I really like Boychuk's game, but I don't think he's lived up to where he was drafted.

Niklas Hjalmarsson got a bit bigger contract than what Chicago wanted to pay because of the contract match.

Pretty fair deal, but I think Carolina might have to add a late round pick or mid to low range prospect.



well we can't add a late round pick b/c we dont have one. as for a mid to low range prospect, how bout justin pogge?

Bubba88 06-03-2011 01:09 AM

1. This deal can't happen. Hawks can't trade Hjammer before mid-july.

2. We get the better Pick and a promising Forward, but who plays D for Hjalmarsson? I would want Gleason, you don't want to trade him here instead of Hjammer

Jerry Lundegaard 06-03-2011 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba88 (Post 33389543)
1. This deal can't happen. Hawks can't trade Hjammer before mid-july.



why?

Piffle 06-03-2011 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl Weathers (Post 33389574)
why?

He signed a contract to match an offer sheet last summer. He can't be traded for a year from when he signed it.

Blackhawkswincup 06-03-2011 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl Weathers (Post 33389423)
I don't think Boychuk is ready to play a definite role as a center.

If you need a goalie prospect who won't be ready for a while, the canes have Pogge:nod:

Sorry Carl ,, Hawks already have a career minor league netminder in our system in Alec Richards. No room for Pogge

TSA0402 06-03-2011 07:19 AM

I would actually consider this from the Hawks perspective eventually. My ideal situation is Chicago needs to lose some cap on defence and Hjalmarsson is a victim of his contract. Not sure Carolina does this though. Rutherford doesn't seem like the type to go after guys on big contracts.

Bubba88 06-03-2011 07:26 AM

what are the Canes needs? I think they need a DMen?

Campoli + #18 for #12 ?


I would love to get Gleason, I doubt you will trade him? Something based around Campoli and Brouwer for Gleason?

Jerry Lundegaard 06-03-2011 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba88 (Post 33390863)
what are the Canes needs? I think they need a DMen?

Campoli + #18 for #12 ?


I would love to get Gleason, I doubt you will trade him? Something based around Campoli and Brouwer for Gleason?



Gleason stays barring an overpayment. He had a tough year, but played injured for much of it I believe. He was given the A and is definitely in the future plans for Carolina. Also, he's pretty much our only Defensive Defenceman.

Chicago Made Punk 06-03-2011 08:41 AM

Campoli, Brouwer, and something minor for Gleason?

I'd do it. Brouwer would look real nice on a line with Sutter.

Blackhawkswincup 06-03-2011 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anton the Great (Post 33391449)
Campoli, Brouwer, and something minor for Gleason?

I'd do it. Brouwer would look real nice on a line with Sutter.

I like this but not sure Gleason is what Hawks need

Bubba88 06-03-2011 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 33391531)
I like this but not sure Gleason is what Hawks need

I see it this way... Gleason would make our team better. Better than with Campoli and Brouwer


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.