HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   San Jose Sharks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Proposal: Pavelski or Couture (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=920976)

LeafsGetTavares* 06-03-2011 06:50 PM

Pavelski or Couture

Hey guys, Leafs fan here so I just wanted to gauge your value of these two players.
I think that the Sharks could use a few more depth players and a top 4 D-man so I have two proposals for you guys, please don't flame just let me know if the values are fair.

Trade 1:
To Toronto: Logan Couture
To San Jose: Luke Schenn+Tyler Bozak

Trade 2:
To Toronto: Joe Pavelski
To San Jose: Carl Gunnarsonn/Keith Aulie (Your choice), Nazem Kadri, Tyler Bozak

Trade 3:
To San Jose: PHI 1st, BOS 2nd, Gunnarsonn/Aulie, MacArthur, Bozak

You may notice I included Bozak in each proposal this is because while leafs fans may be very down on him he in my opinion has potential to be a solid 2nd line center (think a more physical, grinding Matt Stajan) but can play 3rd line. Great PK'er as well. Since both these players are centers Bozak would take over on you're third line.

allworldcaucasn* 06-03-2011 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Original6Leafs (Post 33401078)
Hey guys, Leafs fan here so I just wanted to gauge your value of these two players.
I think that the Sharks could use a few more depth players and a top 4 D-man so I have two proposals for you guys, please don't flame just let me know if the values are fair.

Trade 1:
To Toronto: Logan Couture
To San Jose: Luke Schenn+Tyler Bozak

Trade 2:
To San Jose: Carl Gunnarsonn/Keith Aulie (Your choice), Nazem Kadri, Tyler Bozak

Trade 3:
To San Jose: PHI 1st, BOS 2nd, Gunnarsonn/Aulie, MacArthur, Bozak

You may notice I included Bozak in each proposal this is because while leafs fans may be very down on him he in my opinion has potential to be a solid 2nd line center (think a more physical, grinding Matt Stajan) but can play 3rd line. Great PK'er as well. Since both these players are centers Bozak would take over on you're third line.

Dobt Pavs would ever get traded, but proposal #2 doesn't look that bad at all.

McLovin25 06-03-2011 07:09 PM

Please. Stick to Stasny.

#1 gets you Pavelski, not Coutre. The other two dont matter cause they suck

wtfisthis 06-03-2011 07:11 PM

Yeah, Sharks need dmen but not those dmen so I don't see why they would go for either trade. It doesnt really help them one bit.

SJeasy 06-03-2011 07:17 PM

In the words of Nancy Reagan, "Just say NO".

None of the proposals address the Sharks needs. They need a top pairing TWD.

And, I seriously doubt that Pavelski is on the table for anything short of a knock your socks off deal, more than anything that Toronto has. That isn't even mentioning Couture (again knock your socks off and more so).

magic school bus 06-03-2011 07:26 PM

NO THX :D

Couture > Schenn, adding Bozak doesnt make me want to trade the ROY.
Pavelski isnt getting traded for spare parts.

matt trick 06-03-2011 07:54 PM

The players I'd trade Logan Couture for is a very short list. There is the group of guys you trade em for simply because they are so good, despite their massive cap hits. And there is the group of guys that offer equivalent play at similar dollars. Unfortunately, the number of those guys that are d-men are just about non-existent. Quick: name a #2/3 high quality two-way d-man who makes under 1.25 million? How about under 1.5? 2? 3?

I've got Shattenkirk (wouldn't do it), EJ (would probably do it), Fowler (wouldn't), Myers (would), and Karlsson (wouldn't). A vast majority of the guys who's addition on defense would make us better than having Couture at forward make 3.5-7 million, and those on the low end are quickly approaching UFA (Weber, Suter, Doughty, Pronger, Chara, Lidstrom, Keith, Seabrook, Burns, Edler, Yandle, Letang). Trading Logan Couture will not happen.

With regards to Joe Pavelski, I have zero interest in what Toronto has to offer. Luke Schenn is a good d-man, but he isn't even at Robyn Reghehr's level of influence on a game yet, and he is not what we need. Dion Phaneuf is a solid d-man, and brings much of what this team needs to the table, but at 2.5 million more expensive than Pavelski, and sometimes questionable defensively, he is not exactly what we need, and thus not worth Pavelski in my eyes. Gunnarsson, Aulie, Lebda, Kadri, Bozak, and late first rounders will not help this team win.

Kumelin would interest me (so not surprise he is not on the table), but I have no interest in giving up a now asset like Pavelski or Couture for him. Though I would understand Toronto not wanting to trade him for non-roster assets like our 1st+.

I see a lot of Leaf fans daydreaming about Pavelski as their new #1 center, but I'd be very surprised if there was a Leaf Wilson coveted more than little Joe. You'll almost certainly need to look elsewhere to find the elusive #1.

JPavs8Clutchy* 06-03-2011 08:25 PM

I don't think there is anything the Leafs could offer that would get them Couture. I'd want this:

Kulemin, Schenn, 1st from both teams, Aulie.

You guys don't want to pay that, so its pointless.

Kitten Mittons 06-03-2011 08:27 PM

I would only trade Couture for God, Thor, and two 1st rounders.

The Nemesis 06-03-2011 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davidhye (Post 33402352)
I would only trade Couture for God, Thor, and two 1st rounders.

but he's already on our roster.

Kitten Mittons 06-03-2011 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Nemesis (Post 33402367)
but he's already on our roster.

But Wallin will retire after this season. :sarcasm:

Mafoofoo 06-03-2011 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davidhye (Post 33402386)
But Wallin will retire after this season. :sarcasm:

We said Thor, not Odin. :sarcasm:

USF Shark 06-03-2011 09:16 PM

yeah, unless you blow us away with an awesome deal, neither of them are available.

kluu 06-03-2011 10:34 PM

I'll take Phaneuf

Lee Van Cleef* 06-04-2011 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kluu (Post 33404034)
I'll take Phaneuf

And 99% of Sharks fans would not. Thanks.

Plowevelski 06-04-2011 01:13 AM

Yeah no. I'd never cheer for Phaneuf. Ever. :shakehead

JayP812 06-04-2011 01:45 AM

As soon as I looked at the title and OP's username I knew this was not going to end well.

StalockSuperfan 06-04-2011 01:54 AM

They're not too terrible valuewise, but none of them make us a better team.

Arrch 06-04-2011 12:22 PM

I couldn't imagine ever trading a Calder candidate still on an ELC.

DROPxTHExGLOVES* 06-04-2011 05:18 PM

No, no, and no.

Pavelski no because SJ is short on right handed shooters.

Couture no because he is just too valuable for the future.

The closest you got to an actual deal is #1 if you switched Couture for Pavelski.

kluu 06-04-2011 05:27 PM

What's the problem with Phaneuf? I think hes a player that would fill in very well

SJeasy 06-04-2011 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kluu (Post 33413421)
What's the problem with Phaneuf? I think hes a player that would fill in very well

His defense is very suspect. More a middle-pairing guy defensively and not a true PPQB, more a PP trigger. At over $6mil, way over priced.

Nighthock 06-04-2011 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRealistSharksFan (Post 33413325)
No, no, and no.

Pavelski no because SJ is short on right handed shooters.

Couture no because he is just too valuable for the future.

The closest you got to an actual deal is #1 if you switched Couture for Pavelski.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...7Xx5S4zEUw&t=1

kluu 06-04-2011 05:40 PM

I'm a big believer in Phaneuf, watch him prove u losers wrong!!! He also looks like Frankenstein

Nighthock 06-04-2011 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kluu (Post 33413590)
I'm a big believer in Phaneuf, watch him prove u losers wrong!!! He also looks like Frankenstein

You mean this guy?

http://www.trevorpresiloski.com/wp-c...oh-phaneuf.gif