HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   What's the story on David Booth? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=921006)

triplcrown 06-03-2011 08:53 PM

What's the story on David Booth?

I had heard he was available earlier this season, I assume for cap reasons. He isn't listed as a FA this summer, so we'd have to trade for him.
Does anyone know if Florida is still shopping him?

In lieu of signing Richards, Booth could make a nice Plan B.

What's up with him lately?

Sydor25 06-03-2011 09:00 PM

Haven't heard or read anything about Booth since the deadline. Probably only BS rumors that started around the deadline.

Dean's only plan is getting Doughty and Simmonds signed at resonable cap hits. I don't expect any top 6 players signed or traded for by Dean. Penner was it and he will have a 1 season audition with the Kings to stay in the NHL as a high paid athlete.

Maybe some minor signings or trades at the draft.

etherialone 06-03-2011 10:21 PM

Booth hasn't been the same since his last major concussion. He needs at least another entire season before I would touch him.

johnjm22 06-03-2011 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triplcrown (Post 33402671)
I had heard he was available earlier this season, I assume for cap reasons. He isn't listed as a FA this summer, so we'd have to trade for him.
Does anyone know if Florida is still shopping him?

In lieu of signing Richards, Booth could make a nice Plan B.

What's up with him lately?

Florida had 13M in CAP space last year.

KopitarFAN 06-03-2011 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnjm22 (Post 33404696)
Florida had 13M in CAP space last year.

Teams in non-hockey markets usually have an internal budget. I imagine they do too, and that it's well below the cap.

Josh Deitell 06-04-2011 02:17 AM

Booth is a pretty firm part of the Panthers' core. He represents everything they want out of their players (grit, skill, work ethic) and it'll be tough to pry him out. Think what the Kings would want for Brown and that's probably what the Panthers would need in return.

KingLB 06-04-2011 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh Deitell (Post 33406069)
Booth is a pretty firm part of the Panthers' core. He represents everything they want out of their players (grit, skill, work ethic) and it'll be tough to pry him out. Think what the Kings would want for Brown and that's probably what the Panthers would need in return.

To add on to this a little. Booth at one time looked to be a great up and coming Dustin Brown like player, and because of this got a DB like contract (I believe a little more). Then he got in concussion trouble and hasn't regained his form completely. So now if he was to be traded the team trading for him would not only be getting a concussion prone player, they would be getting one that isn't quite playing to his contract. On top of that Florida is rebuilding and Booth is young so trading him on the cheap isn't really an option and the value is much greater for them if they can keep him and he returns to form.

etherialone 06-04-2011 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingLB (Post 33406132)
To add on to this a little. Booth at one time looked to be a great up and coming Dustin Brown like player, and because of this got a DB like contract (I believe a little more). Then he got in concussion trouble and hasn't regained his form completely. So now if he was to be traded the team trading for him would not only be getting a concussion prone player, they would be getting one that isn't quite playing to his contract. On top of that Florida is rebuilding and Booth is young so trading him on the cheap isn't really an option and the value is much greater for them if they can keep him and he returns to form.

Exactly this ^:handclap:

Manbearpig17 06-06-2011 04:29 PM

Booth + Weise

for

Schenn
?

etherialone 06-06-2011 04:46 PM

I am going to say no to most any deal of value for Booth simply due to the fact that he has had *major* concussion issues and is still to close to them for us to send any players of real value in an attempt to try and get him at this point.

Concussions add up each time they happen and imo, Booth is one more away from a forced early retirement.