HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   inline hockey wheel question... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=921165)

mikek1710 06-04-2011 12:55 PM

inline hockey wheel question...

I play indoor inline hockey and my wheels are starting to wear out. I use the $5 mission 76A wheels. I was wondering what the difference is between these wheels and more expensive rink rat wheels of the same hardness? Are they more durable? Can you skate or stop better with them? Lighter? all of the above?

I don't mind the cheap mission wheels, but would like to know what I'm missing out on with more expensive wheels.

Thanks

Kimmo Therapy* 06-04-2011 01:13 PM

I use the Rink Rat Hornet wheels. They're the top-end Rink Rat wheel. I've used the lower end wheels, and it's no comparison at all. You will be faster, they are more durable, and the stopping is almost the same as stopping on ice skates. I play in the AIHL, and it's an extremely competitive league. If you use low end wheels, you are missing out on a lot of speed, accelleration, and grip. Try some high end wheels out. You won't believe you're the same player out there.

Mosetter27 06-04-2011 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAXXXIMUM TALBOT (Post 33409165)
I use the Rink Rat Hornet wheels. They're the top-end Rink Rat wheel. I've used the lower end wheels, and it's no comparison at all. You will be faster, they are more durable, and the stopping is almost the same as stopping on ice skates. I play in the AIHL, and it's an extremely competitive league. If you use low end wheels, you are missing out on a lot of speed, accelleration, and grip. Try some high end wheels out. You won't believe you're the same player out there.

what team do you play for.... i know alot of people from the New Jersey Nightmare including 4 of which play for my inhouse team..

Placebo Effect 06-04-2011 05:58 PM

I love Revision Variant's

Blueland89 06-05-2011 01:34 AM

Is this the same for outside inline wheels I play on a concrete will a more expensive wheel make that much of a difference

Kimmo Therapy* 06-05-2011 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjd624 (Post 33412435)
what team do you play for.... i know alot of people from the New Jersey Nightmare including 4 of which play for my inhouse team..

scottdale inferno

Mosetter27 06-05-2011 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAXXXIMUM TALBOT (Post 33424892)
scottdale inferno

do you know any players from the nightmare

some i know are

Dan Colombaro, Chris Risi, Connor Farrell & Ryan Farrell

dbargaehr 06-08-2011 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAXXXIMUM TALBOT (Post 33409165)

+1...when I got my Mission Lieutenants they came with Hornets...I used to use cheap Mission wheels ($3 per, I believe) and I'd rotate them every 5 games or so and they'd wear out after around 20-25 games. I rotated my Hornets for the first time and it's been 20 games or so, and they were barely showing any wear.

I feel faster and more confident with my hard turns and stops, though the new skates may have factored into that as well...

budster 06-09-2011 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueland89 (Post 33423704)
Is this the same for outside inline wheels I play on a concrete will a more expensive wheel make that much of a difference

I find it matters less on concrete. I prefer a hard wheel 82A+ and when temps get over 80 F even that starts to feel soft.

Sean87 06-09-2011 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by budster (Post 33520662)
I find it matters less on concrete. I prefer a hard wheel 82A+ and when temps get over 80 F even that starts to feel soft.

Good to know, I just started playing roller again and play on a roll on outdoor surface. I think I'll try an 82A or 84A next time, don't really want to spend a lot of money on constantly replacing my wheels.

Blueland89 06-09-2011 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by budster (Post 33520662)

Well in georgia your lucky if you get under 92 in the summer.

We had a 98 degree day tuesday and it's only june july is going to be rough

it was 80+ in march and april

budster 06-09-2011 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueland89 (Post 33537783)
Well in georgia your lucky if you get under 92 in the summer.

We had a 98 degree day tuesday and it's only june july is going to be rough

Man I love outdoor hockey but upper 90s in humid Georgia sounds miserable!