HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Penguins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Rumor: Rupp Re-Upped (Still Unconfirmed) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=922285)

Mario_is_BACK!! 06-06-2011 10:54 PM

Rupp Re-Upped (Still Unconfirmed)

Rumors swirling around the interwebz is that Mike Rupp has been re-upped. Two years, $875k per. That would be a $50k per year raise.

Looking for confirmation.

MrBurgundy* 06-06-2011 11:00 PM

Wouldn't be the worst move in the world.

Mario_is_BACK!! 06-06-2011 11:02 PM

While there's no official word, Rupp did change his Twitter icon from his face to him in a Pens uniform so... take the implication how ever you wish.

Ziggyjoe21 06-06-2011 11:03 PM

Not that $100k is by any means a deal breaker, but I'm not so sure he deserved a raise. Regardless, I hope to have him back.

Now let's get Adam's re-signed. If anyone deserves a significant raise (relatively speaking), it's him.

froods 06-06-2011 11:13 PM

That is exactly what I pegged him at, sweet!

Coach John McGuirk 06-06-2011 11:15 PM

Meh, I would much rather have had Asham back at the same price. Hopefully Rupp is less of a waste of a roster spot this season...

Flat Stanley 06-06-2011 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach John McGuirk (Post 33467957)
Meh, I would much rather have had Asham back at the same price. Hopefully Rupp is less of a waste of a roster spot this season...

I think Asham could be re-signed. If the Penguins aren't looking to give Talbot $1.5 million or more, or Adams $800,000 then Asham would be a cheaper option at $700,000 or less. I think Asham and Talbot are looked at as similar players though so I think it would be a one or the other situation when it comes to re-sign one of them. Our 4th line could be Rupp-Talbot-Adams or Rupp-Adams-Asham. I do however disagree about Rupp being "a waste of a roster space." He wasn't that bad over his first 2 seasons on the Pens. He's a leader and almost is a 4th line coach. He's a good guy for this team.

Where did we hear about Rupp re-signed? I can't find info about it anywhere.

SidGenoMario 06-06-2011 11:31 PM

Don't get so upset guys, he'll earn his raise via his increased PP time and top 6 duties.

Big McLargehuge 06-06-2011 11:33 PM

When not being misused he's a great guy to have around. Certainly the type of player you want in crunch time.

Just, please Dan, no more PP time for the guy.

Probably the least surprising move of the off-season for us. Rupp is from Ohio, has made Pittsburgh his home, his kids go to school there, he is one of the most active players in the community, and he's a damn good fourth liner who has done his job here while improving his offensive numbers (which is to say he went from completely inept to capable of the occasional fluke goal).

For better or worse. He's worth what he got, if the numbers are correct, but he could have gotten more if he had any interest in testing free agency (which I highly doubt he did).

Rowdy Roddy Peeper 06-06-2011 11:40 PM

Rupp was terrible for most of the season, but played pretty well down the stretch, and he fills a role as a big, physical forward who'll defend his teammates.

If he plays like he did toward the end of the season and curbs his penchant for indefensible penalties, I like the deal.

Woodrow 06-06-2011 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SidGenoMario (Post 33468365)
Don't get so upset guys, he'll earn his raise via his increased PP time and top 6 duties.

Sadly this is the primary reason why I hate this signing.

SomeDude 06-06-2011 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SidGenoMario (Post 33468365)

Who else would have been better on the pp towards the end of the year? Craig adams?

Funny thing is I remember some pens fans arguing with other people on here that he had decent offensive ability when he scored a few goals after he was signed.

ss53mech 06-06-2011 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Champagne Wishes (Post 33468571)
Rupp was terrible for most of the season, but played pretty well down the stretch, and he fills a role as a big, physical forward who'll defend his teammates.

If he plays like he did toward the end of the season and curbs his penchant for indefensible penalties, I like the deal.

This!

I agree that I would like to see his play from the second half "ish" continue but the penalties he was taking early were just brutal.

JordanStaal#1Fan 06-06-2011 11:45 PM

Good news if true, now, I want Talbot back :(

farscape1 06-07-2011 12:03 AM

So Sid got his Winger huh? :yo:

If Dupius dont come back, i can see this happen lol

SirBrad 06-07-2011 12:12 AM

Rupp not happy about Boston playing Black and Yellow or their fans waving black and yellow towels. I read that on the Twitter.

OnMyOwn 06-07-2011 12:12 AM

i like rupp, he has size and decent skill for the minutes he gets.

only played the pp because of our injury situation and he can skate for a big guy.

no problem with this signing if indeed true

Big McLargehuge 06-07-2011 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBrad (Post 33469220)
Rupp not happy about Boston playing Black and Yellow or their fans waving black and yellow towels. I read that on the Twitter.

Really, Boston? Really?

Wiz Khalifa loves him some Patriots/Red Sox/Bruins/Celtics. He also loves sobriety.

OnMyOwn 06-07-2011 12:13 AM

Quote:

they really play black and yellow?

do they have absolutely no idea where the song originates? oh well, more money for wiz khalifa i guess

SomeDude 06-07-2011 12:19 AM

Quote:

The song is about a car and him making money. Why people have used it as an anthem for the steelers boggles my mind.

Boston can keep it.

OnMyOwn 06-07-2011 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SomeDude (Post 33469347)
The song is about a car and him making money. Why people have used it as an anthem for the steelers boggles my mind.

Boston can keep it.

if you really believe that you don't know the song. he references the car being yellow with black stripes, and its that color on purpose.

its not a steeler song no, its a pittsburgh one

the guy represents pittsburgh in everything and is proud to be from pittsburgh (always wearing pittsburgh sports attire and talking about being from here.... also has a huge 412 tattoo). whether you hate him for being a tattooed rapper or not is beyond the point.....not really meaning you SomeDude, just people in general.

vecens24 06-07-2011 12:28 AM

Quote:

Boston can keep it.

The song was written as an anthem for the Steelers. Whether or not you like rap or not, it certainly was not written as a song just about cars and him making money.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/164...s-anthem.jhtml

Big McLargehuge 06-07-2011 12:28 AM

Quote:

Boston can keep it.

Because of the music video...and Wiz's quotes about it being about Pittsburgh. Wiz couldn't be much clearer about the intent of the song, regardless of the lyrics.

It's not a Steelers song, it's a Pittsburgh song. His car is that color for a very distinct reason.

This is way more than I'd ever like to discuss Wiz Khalifa, but still. Boston has a million and seven songs written about it, use one of them.

Jules Winnfield 06-07-2011 12:31 AM

This thread needs some more Wiz Khalifa repping Pittsburgh.

OnMyOwn 06-07-2011 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge (Post 33469547)
Because of the music video...and Wiz's quotes about it being about Pittsburgh. Wiz couldn't be much clearer about the intent of the song, regardless of the lyrics.

It's not a Steelers song, it's a Pittsburgh song. His car is that color for a very distinct reason.

This is way more than I'd ever like to discuss Wiz Khalifa, but still. Boston has a million and seven songs written about it, use one of them.

basically what i'm getting at, haha