HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Colorado Avalanche (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Speculation: What do we do? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=922797)

avsman 06-07-2011 08:23 PM

What do we do?
 
Who do we put on our top pairing with EJ?
1. Trade for one, suter would be the best option but about a 0.2% chance of happening, and there are other guy who we could trade for, who do you think would be best?

2. Sign UFA. there are a few good guys, i think Markov would be good, who do you think would fit best out of the UFA crop this year?

3. roll out one of our own guys, Quincey has been mentioned alot, Wilson, and Gaunce are long shots

What would you like to see? what do you think will happen?

CB Joe 06-07-2011 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avsman (Post 33489715)
Who do we put on our top pairing with EJ?
1. Trade for one, suter would be the best option but about a 0.2% chance of happening, and there are other guy who we could trade for, who do you think would be best?

2. Sign UFA. there are a few good guys, i think Markov would be good, who do you think would fit best out of the UFA crop this year?

3. roll out one of our own guys, Quincey has been mentioned alot, Wilson, and Gaunce are long shots

What would you like to see? what do you think will happen?

4. Draft Larsson and wait a year.

Bubba Thudd 06-07-2011 08:33 PM

What do we do?
 
Only one thing we can do at this point....


:scared: :scared: :scared:

skip2mybordeleau 06-07-2011 08:39 PM

markov's as likely to finish a season as mueller is, no go for him

wouldnt mind a guy like jovo or a jovo type player/ vet to help ej along, i dont know who he was paired with in stl, but maybe a mentor type player if we go the ufa route

i however think he's ready to be our number 1, and will be the best pairing, regardless who he's with(with the exception of hunwick) quincey/wilson/ whoever

i really liked liles/OB and hope we start with that as a pairing for next year.

Bubba Thudd 06-07-2011 08:39 PM

Wasn't he paired with Brewer?

avsman 06-07-2011 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CB Joe (Post 33489909)
4. Draft Larsson and wait a year.

i didnt include this because im thinking they will play Johnson on the top pairing, and Larsson on the 2nd if they do draft larsson

Bubba Thudd 06-07-2011 08:41 PM

If they draft Larsson and he starts as an Av next year, he should probably start on the 3rd pairing and work his way up, IMO.

avsman 06-07-2011 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gali39 (Post 33490082)
markov's as likely to finish a season as mueller is, no go for him

wouldnt mind a guy like jovo or a jovo type player/ vet to help ej along, i dont know who he was paired with in stl, but maybe a mentor type player if we go the ufa route

i however think he's ready to be our number 1, and will be the best pairing, regardless who he's with(with the exception of hunwick) quincey/wilson/ whoever

i really liked liles/OB and hope we start with that as a pairing for next year.

the top UFA options are Markov, Jovo, Brewer(his partner in STL) or Pitkanen, also McCabe might be okay. and i also really like the liles/OB pairing

avsman 06-07-2011 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd (Post 33490153)
If they draft Larsson and he starts as an Av next year, he should probably start on the 3rd pairing and work his way up, IMO.

I agree if they do draft Larsson the D pairings will be

Quincey/????-EJ
Liles-OB
Quincey/Gaunce/Wilson-Larsson

CB Joe 06-07-2011 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd (Post 33490153)
If they draft Larsson and he starts as an Av next year, he should probably start on the 3rd pairing and work his way up, IMO.

Let him play another year in Sweden or a year in the AHL. I don't want to be Columbus and have players not develop properly because they were rushed.

shadow1 06-07-2011 08:54 PM

http://l.yimg.com/a/i/us/sp/v/nhl/pl...wtjEefmyVSUA-- or http://l.yimg.com/a/i/us/sp/v/nhl/pl...ciynGCrsvAEQ--

thedoctor 06-07-2011 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avsman (Post 33489715)
Who do we put on our top pairing with EJ?
1. Trade for one, suter would be the best option but about a 0.2% chance of happening, and there are other guy who we could trade for, who do you think would be best?

2. Sign UFA. there are a few good guys, i think Markov would be good, who do you think would fit best out of the UFA crop this year?

3. roll out one of our own guys, Quincey has been mentioned alot, Wilson, and Gaunce are long shots

What would you like to see? what do you think will happen?

As I think they're taking a forward at the #2, I would expect Quincey. If they happen to go UFA (lol yeah right) I could see Brewer or Pitkanen. If they go trade, with Philly likely signing Bryzgalov, I would love to filch Coburn and slot him there.

Kloparren 06-07-2011 09:01 PM

I would only try to sign a goalie since they don't really have one atm and this is possible with Vokoun now. Nothing more, no overpaying for a player like Suter or whoever, we're rebuilding not competing for the cup. As you get closer to being competitive, then you address the needs.

But you should always try to move useless weight or players before they lose their value *cough*Stoa*cough*.

Zih 06-07-2011 09:02 PM

Ryan Wilson on the top pairing?? Yeah, that's not happening. I imagine Kyle Quincey will get a few months at the spot to prove the hot streak he had when he first came here wasn't a fluke.

shadow1 06-07-2011 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zih (Post 33490656)
Ryan Wilson on the top pairing?? Yeah, that's not happening. I imagine Kyle Quincey will get a few months at the spot to prove the hot streak he had when he first came here wasn't a fluke.

Didn't say I like it, but Wilson played a ton with Johnson this year. Other than Quincey and Liles (who works well with O'Byrne), there isn't another option.

avsman 06-07-2011 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow1 (Post 33490766)
Didn't say I like it, but Wilson played a ton with Johnson this year. Other than Quincey and Liles (who works well with O'Byrne), there isn't another option.

yeah liles would not be a good fit with EJ, i think it will be Quincey, I think Gaunce plays a good game that would fit well with EJ's, as long as he plays a stay at home role, and makes the simple play without caughing the puck up, which i know is alot for a rookie but i feel pretty confident about gaunce

cyberfan 06-07-2011 09:21 PM

If we go UFA, I'd like Brewer. If not Quincey should do well.

WarriorOfGandhi 06-07-2011 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuietCompany (Post 33490626)
But you should always try to move useless weight or players before they lose their value *cough*Stoa*cough*.

Stoa has no value

avsman 06-07-2011 09:44 PM

maybe we could trade Stoa and a 4th for the rights to Vokoun:naughty:

hattrick3518 06-07-2011 10:42 PM

Liles and OB need to stay together, I wouldn't mind EJ-Wilson, they played a ton together, and they both did well, Wilson got into the dirty areas, and sort of let EJ do his thing. We'll see what happens, its not up to us.

hattrick3518 06-07-2011 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avsman (Post 33491886)
maybe we could trade Stoa and a 4th for the rights to Vokoun:naughty:

Sold, 100x over, sold.:handclap:

Bonzai12 06-07-2011 10:54 PM

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/file...11/hunwick.jpg

Freaky Styley 06-07-2011 10:59 PM

If we don't draft Larsson, or he doesn't play in the NHL next year (which is probably likely) i'd like to see

Quincey/UFA - EJ
Liles - O'Byrne
Wilson - Gaunce/Quincey/Elliot/Barrie

avsman 06-07-2011 11:00 PM

^ hun-WINNING

falconski 06-07-2011 11:16 PM

I think there's a guy named Hunwick going into UFA that would look good next to him :sarcasm:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:53 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.