HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Wolski (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=923516)

Vitto79 06-09-2011 10:10 AM

Wolski
 
So rumors are the Rangers may buy him out as it's cheap on the cap and gives them space to sign someone like Richards. I personally want him to stay.

At the very least the guy has to be worth something in a trade to a team way under the cap.

so with that what would be your teams offer for Wolski?

Bubba88 06-09-2011 10:12 AM

Wolski --> KHL


not sure why but I think a KHL Team will offer him money he can't refuse

Stories 06-09-2011 10:14 AM

Wolski sucks. I wouldn't give up a 7th rounder for him.

Vitto79 06-09-2011 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stories (Post 33526679)
Wolski sucks. I wouldn't give up a 7th rounder for him.

eeeek from an Avs fan, did he not have some good yrs and is still mid 20s?

If they buy him out Sather did make a terrible buy out in Rozsival into an affordable one in Wolski. I just think he has some value as a Ranger or in a deal at the draft for a pick or two

Matthew McConaughey 06-09-2011 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vitto79 (Post 33526616)
So rumors are the Rangers may buy him out as it's cheap on the cap and gives them space to sign someone like Richards. I personally want him to stay.

At the very least the guy has to be worth something in a trade to a team way under the cap.

so with that what would be your teams offer for Wolski?

Looks to me like Wolski has played his way off of 3 teams in 3 years. I'd say his next offer comes from the KHL.

birddog* 06-09-2011 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vitto79 (Post 33526616)
So rumors are the Rangers may buy him out as it's cheap on the cap and gives them space to sign someone like Richards. I personally want him to stay.

At the very least the guy has to be worth something in a trade to a team way under the cap.

so with that what would be your teams offer for Wolski?

He floats too much to want on any team I cheer for. Need guys that give it their all every night. I'd pass even at the minimum prefering a youngster that goes all out.

DesertDawg 06-09-2011 10:29 AM

Why trade for Wolski when it's expected that the Rangers will buy him out?
Pay him $3.8MIL & lose assets or wait until after the buy out and sign him for much less...
a team under the cap will not take on wasted salary just to get to the floor...

a team will sign him and for a lot less than what he has been making.
he has skills, just no sense...

trebendan 06-09-2011 10:39 AM

Is there a limit to how many players a team can buy out in the June 15th - 30th period? Will the Rangers be able to buy out all 3 of Drury, Wolski and Avery?

Vitto79 06-09-2011 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebendan (Post 33527226)
Is there a limit to how many players a team can buy out in the June 15th - 30th period? Will the Rangers be able to buy out all 3 of Drury, Wolski and Avery?

Good question but Avery stays. Its only one more year at 2 million. Not terrible and he is off the books.

BigG44 06-09-2011 10:46 AM

Why would they not just bury Wolski in the AHL next season? They could just avoid any cap hit.

SpezDispenser 06-09-2011 10:46 AM

A used adult diaper is his value.

trebendan 06-09-2011 10:48 AM

I could possibly see the new Winnipeg franchise taking Wolski and then buying him out, as long as NYR is willing to send a good prospect or 2 along with him for a lousy prospect or 2 (Aliu, Esposito).

WJG 06-09-2011 10:49 AM

What happened to Wolski?

I remember the days when he and Stastny were supposed to be the cornerstones for the Avs.

SpezDispenser 06-09-2011 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Running Riot (Post 33527436)
What happened to Wolski?

I remember the days when he and Stastny were supposed to be the cornerstones for the Avs.

He has the "Patrick O'Sullivan" disease. Talent up the wazoo, but no desire or work ethic.

chewey 06-09-2011 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DesertDawg (Post 33526980)
Why trade for Wolski when it's expected that the Rangers will buy him out?
Pay him $3.8MIL & lose assets or wait until after the buy out and sign him for much less...
a team under the cap will not take on wasted salary just to get to the floor...

a team will sign him and for a lot less than what he has been making.
he has skills, just no sense...

I'd say he has sense as well just no heart. He's this generation's kovalev.

Zbynek 06-09-2011 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmitri (Post 33527508)
I'd say he has sense as well just no heart. He's this generation's kovalev.

Exactly. That being said, wouldn't mind seeing him in a Penguins jersey. :nod:

InfinityIggy 06-09-2011 11:04 AM

Wolski for Stajan....Please say yes.

jonnybullit4390 06-09-2011 11:16 AM

Wolski Vs spacek ??
Same cap hit and both for an other year but I think spacek could be helpful to the rangers if he played as a 5-6 dman around 16min a game !!

StuckOutHere 06-09-2011 01:00 PM

Wolski this generations Kovalev?
 
I'm an AVS fan and i loved this kid when he came up and showed he had great hands, good vision, and he can shoot the puck but i hope your comparison was to say a guy that just doesn't play to his potential and wasn't meant to put Wolski in the same class as Kovalev?

Chalfdiggity3 06-09-2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebendan (Post 33527424)
I could possibly see the new Winnipeg franchise taking Wolski and then buying him out, as long as NYR is willing to send a good prospect or 2 along with him for a lousy prospect or 2 (Aliu, Esposito).

why would the rangers give up any good prospects or picks with Wolski just to get rid of him when we can buy him out for $666,000 this year and $333,000 next season. Makes no sense for us to give up anything of value along with him. It would be Wolski for a 2nd round pick. thats the least i would give him up for. Otherwise i would honestly keep him and give him a legit shot on a scoring line..

I know his pts at the end of the year sucked but look at who he played with.. Then look at is first 18games when he was put with stepan and zucca, he was given a real chance to succeed and had 12pts in that 18game span

davebenj 06-09-2011 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stories (Post 33526679)
Wolski sucks. I wouldn't give up a 7th rounder for him.

I wouldn't either although I'm sure some team would give up a 3rd or something. He sure does suck though

Erathian 06-09-2011 03:46 PM

It is not so long there were posts about how Rangers won the that trade by a mile...

davebenj 06-09-2011 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpezDispenser (Post 33527487)
He has the "Patrick O'Sullivan" disease. Talent up the wazoo, but no desire or work ethic.

Actually I think O'Sullivan is an even worse player myself. O'Sullivan is so god awful it makes my head hurt

caley 06-09-2011 04:18 PM

Larry Brooks says Wolski will not be bought out, while another Rangers writer says he will. Who to believe?!

TrollololBoyle 06-09-2011 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erathian (Post 33534134)
It is not so long there were posts about how Rangers won the that trade by a mile...

Part of the reason they won was because of the buyout price 1/3 instead if 1/2 of his salary.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:39 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.