HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Anisimov (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=923610)

Chalfdiggity3 06-09-2011 02:44 PM

Anisimov

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...Rumors/1/36293

Apparently the rangers are looking to possibly trade Anisimov to the Jets/Oilers.. I know its Eklund so take it with a grain of salt. But with Brooks stating that brad Richards does NOT want to sign with us.. Could we be making a push for the #1 pick overall?

Anisimov, Girardi, 15th overall

for

1st overall ?

Levitate 06-09-2011 02:46 PM

No, more likely it'd be Anisimov+ for Hemsky

doubt the Oilers are gonna give up the #1, at least for a package that small

azrok22 06-09-2011 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levitate (Post 33531526)
No, more likely it'd be Anisimov+ for Hemsky

doubt the Oilers are gonna give up the #1, at least for a package that small

Hemsky is 1 year from UFA.

JeffMangum 06-09-2011 02:50 PM

I almost forgot that Eklund was somewhat relevant.

Anyway, no thanks. The Rangers wouldn't trade Anisimov for Richards, they aren't trading him for an oft-injured Hemsky.

Chalfdiggity3 06-09-2011 02:51 PM

I hate hemsky and i think he isnt as good as people make him out to be, plus he is worse injury wise than gaborik is. I wouldnt trade anything of value for him.

I have to believe that if we were to trade our 22yo 45pt excellent two way center that it would be for the #1 pick so we can grab a franchise center..

or since it is the jets, maybe its for Evander Kane :sarcasm:

Arcillius 06-09-2011 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chalfdiggity3 (Post 33531470)

for

1st overall ?

I would doubt that would get the #1 pick. I would also not want to make that trade if I were the Rangers GM.

Regardless it would make little sense for the Rangers to trade one of their top two centers in the case where Richards wasn't coming. Our center depth is one of our weakest areas and even if we picked Nugent-Hopkins it would do little to help that in the short term.

Tony D63 06-09-2011 02:55 PM

It would be nice to grab the first pick.. I do not want Hemsky at all..

wolfgaze 06-09-2011 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chalfdiggity3 (Post 33531470)
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...Rumors/1/36293

Apparently the rangers are looking to possibly trade Anisimov to the Jets/Oilers.. I know its Eklund so take it with a grain of salt. But with Brooks stating that brad Richards does NOT want to sign with us.. Could we be making a push for the #1 pick overall?

for

1st overall ?

Firstly, I'll believe that when Brooks writes that in one of his columns and not on twitter in reply to some fan comment. Secondly, wasn't Richards willing to waive his NTC at the deadline to go to the Rangers? Pretty difficult to imagine he would have accepted a trade here, but would not sign here as a FA?

Chalfdiggity3 06-09-2011 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfgaze (Post 33532045)
Firstly, I'll believe that when Brooks writes that in one of his columns and not on twitter in reply to some fan comment. Secondly, wasn't Richards willing to waive his NTC at the deadline to go to the Rangers? Pretty difficult to imagine he would have accepted a trade here, but would not sign here as a FA?

I completley agree with you, sorry im just stating what was said.. Not my general opinion

Ih8theislanders 06-09-2011 03:14 PM

No to trading Arty...especially for Hemsky.

satrabyk 06-09-2011 03:23 PM

I would not mind taking a stab at Hemsky. He could be a high risk high reward kind of player. People want skill hes got it and he has the ability to play in the corners and protect the puck with decent size. However im not sure id be down to move AA at all.

wolfgaze 06-09-2011 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chalfdiggity3 (Post 33532136)
I completley agree with you, sorry im just stating what was said.. Not my general opinion

Ya, just commenting on that. If Brooks does write something like this in a future column, I would question if it was merely posturing from Richards' agent to counter the information that was given to Brooks from the Rangers camp about them not being willing to offer a cap hit over $6.5 mil (which I don't believe to really be the case at all)

Glennsoe 06-09-2011 04:04 PM

Don't see this happening..

RangerBoy 06-09-2011 04:07 PM

The media game. Someone told Spector about the Leafs making a play for Richards rights. Is that person trying to get the Rangers to move on Richards? Brooks wrote his column on Sunday. A few days later,the article appeared in the Daily News. When Dellapina covered the Rangers,Brooks and Dellapina would have conflicting stories.

allstar3970 06-09-2011 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders (Post 33532156)
No to trading Arty...especially for Hemsky.

I'm with you. Maybe it's b/c he's a Russian w/ good hands and he put up some numbers in the A, but I get the feeling that some are ready to part with AA if he doesn't become a bona fide scoring center.

The fact of the matter is 2 way forwards that kill penalties, put up some points (i see his production rising again, lets say to the low-mid 50's even as a safe bet) and play a smart overall game don't grow on trees. As he puts on some weight as he gets older he may become even more valuable as he'll be tougher to knock off the puck and he can drive to the net a bit more like he's shown some flashes of.

mrjimmyg89 06-09-2011 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allstar3970 (Post 33533665)
I'm with you. Maybe it's b/c he's a Russian w/ good hands and he put up some numbers in the A, but I get the feeling that some are ready to part with AA if he doesn't become a bona fide scoring center.

The fact of the matter is 2 way forwards that kill penalties, put up some points (i see his production rising again, lets say to the low-mid 50's even as a safe bet) and play a smart overall game don't grow on trees. As he puts on some weight as he gets older he may become even more valuable as he'll be tougher to knock off the puck and he can drive to the net a bit more like he's shown some flashes of.

It's safe to say he could finish somewhere around 50 points, maybe he'll explode and put up bigger numbers in his 3rd season in the league. Low 50's is something that people would agree with as good progress for Anisimov.

I wouldn't give up Anisimov for Hemsky. If the #1 pick is on the table, or even the #7 pick from the new Winnipeg franchise, you have to see what can happen on draft day. If it's the #7 pick, and one of Strome, Huberdaeau, or Landeskog are there, you might want to potentially make the deal, since those guys are top end talent forwards in this draft. My guess is if those guys are there, Winnipeg will not want to trade the pick away at that point, for #15, Anisimov, and Girardi.

Claxton 06-09-2011 04:42 PM

Could be for the 7th overall pick. Gives the Rangers a crack at either Zibanejad, Strome, Hamilton, Murphy, maybe Couturier or a surprise faller.
I could see Anisimov+#15 getting that done. Good 2-way, 44 point, 22 year old sophomore centers aren't exactly common around the league. Anisimov should have a lot of value at this point, so in the right package the #1 should be a real scenario. Edmonton isn't exactly setting the world on fire with their defensive core+prospects either and the Rangers have more than they can handle.

n8 06-09-2011 04:45 PM

is Nugent-Hopkins that good? No one has hyped him suggesting that he might just end up a 60 point center which isn't what we need. I'm open to trading Anisimov but it has to be for a better player. Otherwise, keep him. Showed a lot of promise. He could be a 60 pt player himself in just a few seasons.

edit: I'd take a Seguin :D

New York RKY 06-09-2011 04:47 PM

Anisimov for Bobby Ryan, get it done Slats! :sarcasm:

Claxton 06-09-2011 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n8 (Post 33534117)
is Nugent-Hopkins that good? No one has hyped him suggesting that he might just end up a 60 point center which isn't what we need. I'm open to trading Anisimov but it has to be for a better player. Otherwise, keep him. Showed a lot of promise. He could be a 60 pt player himself in just a few seasons.

Rangers might be more interested in a guy like Landeskog. Comparisons to Mike Richards, Jarome Iginla, Daniel Alfredsson, Peter Forsberg(i.e might be the most complete player in the draft). Or even Adam Larsson, Tim Erixon's and Oscar Lindberg's teammate at Skelleftea. Possibly Erixon's defensive partner as well for a lengthy period of time(Right-handed shot too).
Plus Sather and Clark have been Swede-obsessed lately, so you never know what will happen. ;)

JeffMangum 06-09-2011 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claxton (Post 33534045)
Could be for the 7th overall pick. Gives the Rangers a crack at either Zibanejad, Strome, Hamilton, Murphy, maybe Couturier or a surprise faller.
I could see Anisimov+#15 getting that done. Good 2-way, 44 point, 22 year old sophomore centers aren't exactly common around the league. Anisimov should have a lot of value at this point, so in the right package the #1 should be a real scenario. Edmonton isn't exactly setting the world on fire with their defensive core+prospects either and the Rangers have more than they can handle.

Anisimov is worth more than moving up 8 spots in a crap draft.

If the Rangers are trading Anisimov, it better be in a package for a legitimate #1 center. Hell, I wouldn't do Anisimov for the 7th straight up--I'm not of the believe of trading proven players for picks, unless it's a top-3 pick, or complete slam dunk.

nyr2k2 06-09-2011 05:12 PM

I want to remind everyone to discuss the rumor itself, rather than simply fixating on the source. If you think Eklund is ******** (like me), then don't read the thread. Posts that state nothing other than "Eklund is full of crap!" are considered spam.

Barbara Underhill 06-09-2011 05:24 PM

Eklund only mentions the Rangers to increase traffic, so like always taking it with a grain of salt.

I don't like this draft class enough to consider moving Anisimov.

eco's bones 06-09-2011 05:25 PM

I expect Anisimov to get better--how much? is a good question but I don't think at least a few 50 point seasons is unrealistic. He's bigger, stronger, younger than Hemsky and he's likely to improve in all those areas. Hemsky is more creative. Hemsky is also very injury prone. I'd prefer holding on to Anisimov.

In any case I don't see the Rangers moving Anisimov unless and if they do sign Richards as I don't see them moving a center otherwise. I think they prefer Dubinsky on the wing. For now Stepan, Anisimov and Boyle at center. Moving Anisimov without bringing Richards in would kind of leave a hole in the middle.

n8 06-09-2011 05:39 PM

I'd be pissed if Anisimov was traded for Hemsky. If MPS was included however... :naughty: