HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   OT: Official MLB Thread Part 2 (All Mets, Yankees and MLB talk) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=923728)

NYRFAN218 06-09-2011 07:35 PM

Official MLB Thread Part 2 (All Mets, Yankees and MLB talk)

Have at it.

nyr2k2 06-09-2011 07:39 PM

Tough time for both teams right now.

NYRFAN218 06-09-2011 07:59 PM

Bay will be getting the next two days off per Collins. He also said that Bay's been experiencing knee problems (another Met with injury issues, surprise surprise) but that it isn't an issue and that a minor league assignment hasn't been considered.

offdacrossbar 06-09-2011 10:28 PM

I really really dislike jbay. He needs to go away.

Jonathan pitchin another gem tonite. He's showing he's got top end stuff. that hook is plain nasty.

The sny guys just said lucas duda is tearing the cover off the ball. let's get him up for a looksee.

nyr2k2 06-09-2011 10:30 PM

Yeah Duda has an OPS of 1.011 on the season, and just under 1.400 over his past 10.

New York RKY 06-09-2011 10:34 PM

Joba is out for the rest of the year.

Can't help but be thrilled and said at the same time.

How quickly he fell from grace, it sucks.

NYRFAN218 06-09-2011 10:36 PM

Surprised to see how crowded Yankee Stadium is considering the game just started. Almost full there.

darko 06-09-2011 10:52 PM

Sucks to hear Joba news, he was starting to put it together in May after lackluster April. Hope he comes back better than ever.

nyrleetch 06-09-2011 11:39 PM

Yankees need to send a message. 2 more HBP this is getting ridiculous. Boston is just asking for someone on their team to get hurt by a HBP.

nyrleetch 06-09-2011 11:42 PM

There we go!

darko 06-09-2011 11:44 PM

About time. Tex and Martin by Lester and now Jeter and A-Rod tonight by Beckett.

darko 06-10-2011 01:02 AM

Jeter is now 10 hits away from 3000.

Machinehead 06-10-2011 01:52 AM

Jesus, everybody in the Sox lineup is like a 1.050 career hitter against the Yankees. I remember when the Yankees owned the Sox. Over the last few years, for some reason, they just can't touch this team, even the year they won it all. I don't get it :shakehead

What's really maddening is this time the Yankees were hot too, and all of a sudden they run into the Sox and just like that it's the same old ****.

17futurecap 06-10-2011 02:00 AM

Hopefully when Jeter get past 3,000 he is done leading off. From the guys at Nomaas.

Quote:

.654 That is the OPS for the Yankees' leadoff hitter. It's the 5th-worst OPS in the AL for hitters with at least 250 plate appearances. It's also the OPS for the player who's had more plate appearances than anyone else on the Yankees. And lastly, it's the lowest OPS in the Yankees lineup.

It's completely amazing how this organization puts personalities, milestones, and status ahead of actual baseball.
http://nomaas.org/2011/06/654-ops/

Machinehead 06-10-2011 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 17futurecap (Post 33543247)
Hopefully when Jeter get past 3,000 he is done leading off. From the guys at Nomaas.

http://nomaas.org/2011/06/654-ops/

Despite his numbers I still like him leading off, only because it's the least likely spot to hit a double play in. Jeter is the undisputed golden king-god of double plays.

17futurecap 06-10-2011 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Machinehead (Post 33543276)
Despite his numbers I still like him leading off, only because it's the least likely spot to hit a double play in. Jeter is the undisputed golden king-god of double plays.

It is just annoying that he is getting the most at bat's in the lineup. I don't expect homers from him, but he can't even drive the ball anymore. At least the Posada contract is over this year, nice to see Jorge stand at home plate tonight as that ground ball stayed fair.

nyrleetch 06-10-2011 01:33 PM

Jorge's up over .200! And every year Boston starts off 8-1 and its the end of the world. When was the last time they won the season series?

nyr2k2 06-10-2011 02:14 PM

They split last year, split the year before, split the year before that.

Last time the Sox took the season series was 2004.

nyrleetch 06-10-2011 07:53 PM

Carmona's pathetic. I'd drill Asdrubal.

mrjimmyg89 06-10-2011 09:11 PM

Dillon Gee is unstoppable. This G Train goes to Citi Field.

BlueshirtBlitz 06-10-2011 09:20 PM

What a delightful way to wake up. Gee pitching another gem, Reyes homer...good times.

offdacrossbar 06-11-2011 12:17 AM

mets are beginning to believe in themselves.

like duda being up, gives them some thunder.

like pagan being back. gives them stability in the outfield

love reyes and tejada as a pair. gives them solid defense up the middle

and love the way the staff is stepping up. right now, they are money.

the only real negative to me is jbay and his sukitude and krod. both of those dudes need to be gonzo.

its becoming obvious to me, you simply cannot trade the best player in baseball right now. reyes must be resigned. hes single handedly driving this mets team. hes finally healthy and to move him now, unless the return is simply to good to pass up, would be foolish.

i hate to say it but i would trade david wright before i trade reyes. we might be able to move david wright for a package including some young arms. never thought i would say that, but i just dont see us keeping both of them.

if they stay in the hunt, and this team gets ike back and if johan can return in august, they can win the wildcard.

and thats without david wright.

BlueshirtBlitz 06-11-2011 12:22 AM

Everytime any of you guys post something positive about the Mets we've gone into a tailspin, but if Reyes can keep up his play and guys like Turner and Tejada can keep bringing solid contributions as role players until Wright and Ike come back, and call me delusional since I've never had to deal with the heartbreak of being a Mets fan before, but I don't see how this team won't be a good team.

Machinehead 06-11-2011 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz (Post 33564197)
Everytime any of you guys post something positive about the Mets we've gone into a tailspin, but if Reyes can keep up his play and guys like Turner and Tejada can keep bringing solid contributions as role players until Wright and Ike come back, and call me delusional since I've never had to deal with the heartbreak of being a Mets fan before, but I don't see how this team won't be a good team.

Yeah well I think the Mets suck and will never win another game as long as they exist :sarcasm: :crossfing

Machinehead 06-11-2011 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by offdacrossbar (Post 33564096)
mets are beginning to believe in themselves.

like duda being up, gives them some thunder.

like pagan being back. gives them stability in the outfield

love reyes and tejada as a pair. gives them solid defense up the middle

and love the way the staff is stepping up. right now, they are money.

the only real negative to me is jbay and his sukitude and krod. both of those dudes need to be gonzo.

its becoming obvious to me, you simply cannot trade the best player in baseball right now. reyes must be resigned. hes single handedly driving this mets team. hes finally healthy and to move him now, unless the return is simply to good to pass up, would be foolish.

i hate to say it but i would trade david wright before i trade reyes. we might be able to move david wright for a package including some young arms. never thought i would say that, but i just dont see us keeping both of them.

if they stay in the hunt, and this team gets ike back and if johan can return in august, they can win the wildcard.

and thats without david wright.

Isn't that a little much?