HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Which player would you trade? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=92386)

Reaper45 07-19-2004 08:34 PM

Which player would you trade?

Who would you trade out of these players. Take into account salary as well as age.
Belanger, Eric ---------- Centre ------------- Arbitration
Miller, Aaron ----------- Defence ------ 3250000
Norstrom, Mattias ------- Defence ------ 4000000
Straka, Martin --------- Centre -------- 4700000

LuckyLUC20 07-19-2004 08:54 PM

Eric Belanger.

northernKing 07-19-2004 09:02 PM

As things stand now I think LA would be wise to move Belanger.
LA will need Straka's scoring and the fact they are not picking up all of his salary makes him a relatively cheap scoring option.
If LA has any real hope of making the playoffs it will be based on solid goaltending and defence. Miller and Matty are too solid. Maybe Miller is moved at the deadline if the price is high seeing that he would not be too much of a financial burden to any team.

That leaves Belanger. Personally I have been a fan of Belanger's since his junior days and IMO he has not really been given a chance to show what he can bring on offense. Nonetheless it looks like with the addition of Conroy and the fact that Avery has said he prefers centre, Belanger may be the odd man out. Conroy, Armstrong and Avery would probably see most of the minutes.

Also Belanger may be very appealing to some teams due to his solid defensive game and faceoff ability. I could easily see teams like MTL, OTT, ATL and BUFF looking to grab him. Heck IMO he would make a great Devil.

kingsfan25 07-19-2004 09:02 PM

Out of those four players it'd be pretty close between Miller and Belanger. I voted for Miller only because of his injury problems last year, and lack of proficiency when he was healthy. I also believe that he could fetch us a good deal more than Belanger could.

Matt13 07-19-2004 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nK
IMO he has not really been given a chance to show what he can bring on offense.

Are you kidding? With all the injuries the past 2 seasons, Belle has had nothing but chances.

But even though, with his pay, he doesnt hurt the Kings which is why I voted for Miller.

Face Wash 07-19-2004 10:48 PM

All things being equal... Miller.

You'll never get what Norstrom is worth...

Half of Straka's salary is being paid by the Pens, so we don't get anywhere trading him.

and Belanger wouldn't get us much in return and he won't make more than $1 mil next season (and besides, who'd win a face off for this team if we traded him?)

You wanna get some salary breathing room get decent value and get rid of an injury prone player (albeit a very solid blueliner when healthy), Miller's the guy to trade.

Mxpunk 07-19-2004 11:41 PM

It is a close battle between Belanger & Miller. I would choose Miller, but until the Kings can get a better crease clearer/physical defenseman, I think Miller is needed. Belanger, however, is overrated and can be replaced by any other defensive center. While Belanger does provide some offense, he is always inconsistent. Furthermore, he is weak and gets knocked off the puck way too much.

King'sPawn 07-20-2004 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mxpunk
It is a close battle between Belanger & Miller. I would choose Miller, but until the Kings can get a better crease clearer/physical defenseman, I think Miller is needed. Belanger, however, is overrated and can be replaced by any other defensive center. While Belanger does provide some offense, he is always inconsistent. Furthermore, he is weak and gets knocked off the puck way too much.

I'd actually like to trade both Miller and Belanger.

Belanger has been made extremely expendable with the signing of Conroy and the emergence of Pirnes. He has consistently shown he can't handle top six duty when need be. The return wouldn't be great, but I wouldn't mind adding some prospect depth if I could.

Miller gets injured way too often, makes way too much, and last season, wasn't very reliable when he WAS healthy. Gleason has some good strength, and could probably fill in Miller's role pretty soon. We've also got Petiot and Baier that seem pretty physical. We've also got Quintal for this season. I wouldn't worry too much about replacing Miller.

Cechmanek is another I'd consider trading. I'm surprised he's not on the list, but Norstrom is. If Hauser can play a good backup role to Garon, then I'd be happy. Again, I'm all for getting some depth, picks, and prospects. Cechmanek just had some pretty poor showings, and while I am willing to give him another chance (moreso than Miller and Belanger), I also think that Cechmanek will be replaced by Garon real soon... and there's no sense having a $3.5 million pine rider.

Corvo, I'll give him one last shot. He's also up there on players I want to see traded, though.

Cammalleri would probably fetch us the best return out of any that I mentioned. I'd rather the Kings keep the likes of Barney, Brown, and Tukonen, so our most skilled prospect that would fetch us more than a bag of pucks is Cammalleri. But, I'd rather wait until we could get a real good return on him.

That's my list of tradables.

Glockaxis 07-20-2004 10:16 AM

Corvo

Mxpunk 07-20-2004 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King'sPawn
Cammalleri would probably fetch us the best return out of any that I mentioned. I'd rather the Kings keep the likes of Barney, Brown, and Tukonen, so our most skilled prospect that would fetch us more than a bag of pucks is Cammalleri. But, I'd rather wait until we could get a real good return on him.

I agree with ALL King's Pawn said, especially with Belanger being expendable b/c of Conroy and Pirnes.

Camm could give us some trade value, but what about Lehoux? I think we can dump him to MTL (they love French Canadians who have potential) while he still has some trade value and is a prospect?

Face Wash 07-20-2004 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glockaxis
Corvo

Amen to that!!!! :bow:

GKJ 07-20-2004 04:07 PM

There is absolutely no market for Cechmanek to be traded unless maybe Cloutier isn't brought back by the Canucks, or if someone like Raycroft bombs next season.