HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Vancouver Canucks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Chris Tanev Appreciation Thread. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=924207)

Lucbourdon 06-10-2011 11:40 PM

Chris Tanev - Seriously?

Does anybody got a comparable of a rookie D-man, who came up from Teir 2 hockey, into the SCF, and play THAT good?

Fairweather 06-10-2011 11:46 PM

It's pretty undeniable that he's been reliable in almost every appearance this year. I hope he continues to develop into a steady blue-liner.

Burke's Evil Spirit 06-10-2011 11:49 PM

Tanev by all rights should have had a spectacular assist tonight. Had to be Tanner Glass. ****.

He's going to roid up this summer and win the ****ing Calder next season

Chairman Maouth 06-10-2011 11:49 PM

Hold on a second now. Pierre McGuire said tonight Tanev's not good enough to hang with the big boys.

keslerburrows 06-10-2011 11:49 PM

Chris Tanev Appreciation Thread.

This guy is going to be great for years to come. he's proved this throughout these playoffs coming up clutch with strong, safe defensive plays.

Appreciate!

Edler Von Gud 06-10-2011 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chairman Maouth (Post 33563509)
Hold on a second now. Pierre McGuire said tonight Tanev's not good enough to hang with the big boys.

If Tanev had played for Team Canada at the world juniors I'm sure McGuire would blow his load talking about Chris Tanev.

Lonny Bohonos 06-10-2011 11:52 PM

Respect.

:handclap:

VinnyC 06-10-2011 11:54 PM

I was genuinely scared knowing he'd play with Alberts, they barely had ice time together during the regular season and we all know how AA likes to get out of position. But he didn't have a lot of turnovers (lol) and pinched in pretty nicely. Tanev's breakout passes were just great, he's not too physical but his calm and ability to get the puck out of our zone really reminded me of Hammer.

Fairweather 06-10-2011 11:58 PM

I'm only upset that it was Glass on the receiving end of his great pass who fumbled it. That would've been an awesome assist for his SCF debut.

Toblerone 06-10-2011 11:59 PM

Wonderful poise. Just like the regular season, there were a few times where he had the puck, was hounded by an opposing player and instead of banking the puck out (like some D-men we know:sarcasm: ) he takes the extra second and makes a tape to tape pass.

Perhaps he can teach all the other players to be calm and poised when they hit the ice in Boston;)

Kershaw 06-10-2011 11:59 PM

I was absolutely amazed by Chris Tanev's play in the SCF, at this point one of Bieksa/Ehrhoff could be moved and the extra cap space can be used for bringing in more winger depth for Kesler's line. Schenieder can be packaged to move up in the top 10 in the draft and Vancouver gets to replenish the prospect pool while having the best team in the league.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Tanguay-Kesler-Upshall
Samuelsson-Malhotra-Raymond
Torres-Lapierre-Sweatt

Hamhuis-Bieksa/Ehroff
Edler-Ballard
Tanev-Rome
Alberts

Luongo
Auld?

Ken Jones 06-11-2011 12:00 AM

He's the next Bobby Orr

Ken Jones 06-11-2011 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duskfamous (Post 33563745)
I was absolutely amazed by Chris Tanev's play in the SCF, at this point one of Bieksa/Ehrhoff could be moved and the extra cap space can be used for bringing in more winger depth for Kesler's line. Schenieder can be packaged to move up in the top 10 in the draft and Vancouver gets to replenish the prospect pool while having the best team in the league.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Tanguay-Kesler-Upshall
Torres-Lapierre-Sweatt

Hamhuis-Bieksa/Ehroff
Edler-Ballard
Tanev-Rome
Alberts

Luongo
Auld?

Schneider

timw33 06-11-2011 12:03 AM

He was excellent tonight. Should easily be penned into bottom pairing spot for next year.

timw33 06-11-2011 12:04 AM

Agree. He was smooth and steady, much like Hamhuis would have been.

Earning a spot for next year easily with his play.

someguy44 06-11-2011 12:04 AM

I effing love this kid. I said he was the 2nd or 3rd best defensive d-man in either game 4 or 5 of the Sharks series and wondered why he didn't play (with Ballard) for last game (wanted AV to dress 7d that game).

Tanev > than everyone of our defenders when it comes to defensive play who's not named Hamhuis. He showed that again tonight. He had 1 or 2 minor blunders tonight (the fewest among our d-man), but was excellent the whole game.

He got Thomas challenging him and made a great pass to Glass that would've been a guaranteed goal for every Canuck on the roster, except Glass. Can't believe that plug fanned on a wide open net from a great pass.

Anyway, I do not want Tanev to be taken off the lineup again for the remainder of the playoffs even if Hamhuis is healthy. I prefer 7d or take Ehrhoff off if we must (assuming that Hamhuis gets back in). The kid is just too good right now. :bow:

fuzzay 06-11-2011 12:05 AM

A guy that cheap, who's playing so well, we need to use that to our advantage for next season.

maroon 6 06-11-2011 12:06 AM

Quote:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Tanguay-Kesler-Upshall
Torres-Lapierre-Sweatt

Hamhuis-Bieksa/Ehroff
Edler-Ballard
Tanev-Rome
Alberts

Luongo
Auld?

And, get rid of Ballard..

The Big Foot 06-11-2011 12:07 AM

Stripes=earned!!

Canucker 06-11-2011 12:18 AM

He played an awesome game. I seriously had my doubts about AV putting him in and he made me eat my words in this case. I hope he can keep it going. He did have one bad cough up but it didn't cost us.

keslehr* 06-11-2011 12:25 AM

He'll make Ballard replaceable and give us money for moar depth. Props, Chris!

Hugh Mann* 06-11-2011 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burke's Evil Spirit (Post 33563508)
He's going to roid up this summer and win the ****ing Calder next season

Nope. Played 29 games this year.

Lindt 06-11-2011 12:29 AM

Quote:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Tanguay-Kesler-Upshall
Torres-Lapierre-Sweatt

Hamhuis-Bieksa/Ehroff
Edler-Ballard
Tanev-Rome
Alberts

Luongo
Auld?

I really hope we get a tangible asset in return if we deal Schneider. He's been developed for so long to get to the level he's at. Trading him for another pick who'll take years more to develop just seems like a gigantic waste of time. It's a really tough situation though given Luongo's contract and play. Schneider is starter quality.

Outside99* 06-11-2011 12:30 AM

The thing that's great about Tanev is he makes his teammates look better. They don't have to battle for the puck in the other corner or along the boards (I hate those plays along the board - just passing a hot potato) - he actually takes the time to make a SAFE tape to tape pass right out of our zone.

just22 06-11-2011 12:31 AM

i don't want to see rome anywhere near the line-up unless there's major injuries... tanev should be in the starting line-up next season