HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Rumor: Howard Eskin of 610 WIP: Front Office Open to Trading Richards or Carter (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=924256)

JABEE 06-11-2011 02:50 AM

Howard Eskin of 610 WIP: Front Office Open to Trading Richards or Carter

Quote:

Originally Posted by Howard Eskin
howardeskin‎ Let me be clear on flyers poss trade. Some in frt office would rather trade richards, but better offers may b 4 carter. Would trade either
Twitter - 2 hours ago

Eskin is someone that does have a lot of inside sources with the major four teams in Philadelphia. He is the one who said that Pronger was hurt and called Holmgren out. He had Holmgren on his show after the season was over. He used to work at the local television station and wrote for the Daily News. Eskin may sound clueless about hockey on his radio show but his sources are usually sound. I'd say this is something to look out for.

http://twitter.com/#!/howardeskin

hotshot26 06-11-2011 03:02 AM

I'll be pissed if they trade Richards

dookie88 06-11-2011 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotshot26 (Post 33566181)
I'll be pissed if they trade Richards

Pissed wouldn't even beginn to describe it.

Pierrot 06-11-2011 04:03 AM

How could they trade our captain and franchise player... I don't get it :help:

Flyersfan1493 06-11-2011 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JABEE (Post 33566115)
Eskin is someone that does have a lot of inside sources with the major four teams in Philadelphia. He is the one who said that Pronger was hurt and called Holmgren out. He had Holmgren on his show after the season was over. He used to work at the local television station and wrote for the Daily News. Eskin may sound clueless about hockey on his radio show but his sources are usually sound. I'd say this is something to look out for.

It's Eskin. I think I'd trust Eklund before him, and that's saying something.

Vikke 06-11-2011 05:42 AM

No way they're trading Richards. That's all.

Spongolium* 06-11-2011 05:47 AM

Lol at Richards. Yeah ok..........

JVR21 06-11-2011 07:11 AM

Any man who walks into the rink with a fur coat on shouldn't have our attention. We all know he has something against Richards, too.

PhillyFan4Ever 06-11-2011 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JABEE (Post 33566115)

ive listened to king ever since he was with channel 3 ( the KYW days) and on wmmr with debella. Let me be clear about one absolute on him....

he never has, does not now, or will not ever care about ice hockey. hes brushed off many a caller because he didnt want to talk about it. alot of us called carter going as a salary dump for a stud goalie even last year... all teh sourcing that took was going to caps geek, and having rational thoughts and reason in choosing valid potential situations.

eklund may suck or be full of it, but atleast he loves the sport. ill take passion over anything

Lab Monkey 06-11-2011 07:34 AM

Pierre McGuire was on the radio up here in Ottawa saying that theres some major issues in the locker room between Carter and Richards, and went on to mention the Carter to Columbus rumour. This was a couple days ago though. Maybe, just maybe there is some truth to this Carter thing? I can't see this team moving Richards, I could see Carter getting shopped for a VERY nice package though.

GKJ 06-11-2011 07:48 AM

I'm going to go ahead and not believe this one.

It would be like if Pannacio came out and said his sources told him that the Eagles are interested in Plaxico Burress.

Mgkibbles 06-11-2011 07:50 AM

Neither would surprise me. Carter would bring a big haul, and Richards, from afar, doesn't seem all that happy here. But than again, this is an Eskin rumor, so it has the credibility of something my dog would tell me.

DrinkFightFlyers 06-11-2011 07:52 AM

I will flip if they trade Richards.

chimrichalds18 06-11-2011 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lab Monkey (Post 33566978)
Pierre McGuire was on the radio up here in Ottawa saying that theres some major issues in the locker room between Carter and Richards, and went on to mention the Carter to Columbus rumour. This was a couple days ago though. Maybe, just maybe there is some truth to this Carter thing? I can't see this team moving Richards, I could see Carter getting shopped for a VERY nice package though.

Can we elaborate on this? Issues between Carter and Richards? Aren't they best friends?

GKJ 06-11-2011 07:57 AM

The only way the Flyers would trade their captain 12 months removed from being 1 goal and 1 game away from winning the Cup, is if he asked for a trade.

With Carter, so many rumors, I wouldn't put it past Holmgren, but it would still be shocking. You don't sign guys to decade-long contracts and then turn around and flip them.

CNote 06-11-2011 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chimrichalds18 (Post 33567094)
Can we elaborate on this? Issues between Carter and Richards? Aren't they best friends?

Yeah, I'm confused. Why would they go vacationing together in Spain if they didn't get along? :shakehead

chimrichalds18 06-11-2011 08:23 AM

The Flyers should really be able to sign Bryzgalov and keep their core intact. I really think that flipping fringe players (Carle, Versteeg, and maybe even Hartnell) for younger rfas makes a lot more sense. There are teams out there who need more experienced players (and even more expensive players) and would probably give us fair return.

To me, if there's any truth to the rumors about Carter/Richards, it says that Holmgren will not let Bryzgalov get to FA and is willing to overpay him. We know that Holmgren doesn't like having to compete against other teams, so he will be ready to pay whatever he has to. That's a risky (and IMO, stupid) mentality, but it's pretty consistent with what we know about him. As others have pointed out, if we get through this year, we'll have breathing room with the Cap. I'm all for him embracing win-now mode, but I'm not sure trading Carter or Richards does that.

GKJ 06-11-2011 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CNote (Post 33567216)
Yeah, I'm confused. Why would they go vacationing together in Spain if they didn't get along? :shakehead

Would Carter have signed an 11-year contract if he hated his captain?

Adam Warlock 06-11-2011 08:25 AM

Quote:

Some in frt office would rather trade richards
If that is true, those 'some' should be fired right away. I mean seriously, if they are that down on Richards after one down year/playoff (one while playing hurt), and they see no problem with Carters No-Show performances the last few years...they belong no where near an NHL front office.

I find it unlikely they would trade either...but under no circumstance would trading Richards make sense.

MsWoof 06-11-2011 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CNote (Post 33567216)

Richards was at the French Open last week, he tweeted from there after the Fed/Djok match on Friday and then again on Sunday after Fed/Nadal. He didn't mention Carter being there but that doesn't mean anything. I think the person that posted this must have meant there were problems with Richards and Carter on one side and others on the other side or something.

I'll be beyond pissed if they trade Richards. Carter, if they can get a good deal for him, and I mean REAL good is a different story.

Edit: @mvptommyd richards played with a minor injury the entire season. Not serious injury

That's from Eskin's timeline. I don't know who this guy is and after reading his timeline, I won't be adding him to my twitter feed.

From Richards: Hand is slowly getting better, still cant fish, golf or play ball :(

So who to believe....I think I'll go with the guy who had the injury.

orange is better 06-11-2011 09:00 AM

as a life long philadelphian, and a listener of sports radio for 20+ years, let me just say that Howard Eskin is a COMPLETE MORON. He does absolutely nothing but try and get rises out of people, and sticks to his guns no matter where his reasoning, right or wrong, comes from. He condescends every single caller that calls into his pathetic show and does much more talking about why he's right and why his opinions are so much more valid, than actually talking about sports.

There is absolutely no chance that the flyers trade Richards. he is their golden boy, and to them the next Bobby Clarke.

If Richards is traded, i will eat my own hand.

FreshPerspective 06-11-2011 09:05 AM

If Richards is traded which I would not like at all it would be because of some internal deal like possibly not liking the coach. I think Holmgren may be getting annoyed at getting rid of coaches. This is one of the only logical explanations. As far as Carter and Richards being a problem together maybe its more that the both of them act to divide the lockeroom or something like that but mere speculation. It just seems there is some issue internally that the GM is tired of possibly. Guess we will see.

Yukon Cornelius 06-11-2011 09:12 AM

Uncle Mike isn't going anywhere. Eskin is clearly attaching Richards name to a well known and likely trade scenario with Carter.

The Flyers have already denied the Carter rumours so Eskin knows they won't even acknowledge the Richards inclusion. It's a win win for him. He sells air time and gets a dig in to a player he despises.

Oh Jeff, we hardly knew ye. If Cap space, a first, a third and Voracek is the return for Pretty Boy Floyd, I'd be as happy as a pig in ****

Fenza 06-11-2011 09:12 AM

I agree, no way we deal Richards.

trigzter 06-11-2011 09:14 AM

don't trade richards....I don't feel like buying a different flyers jersey.

But in all seriousness he won't be moved. Carter is a possibility, but it needs to be a pretty nice deal.