HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Flyers - Panthers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=924391)

patches67 06-11-2011 03:10 PM

Flyers - Panthers

To Florida:

Jeff Carter
Kris Versteeg
Sergei Bobrovsky

To Philadelphia:

Jacob Markstrom
Erik Gudbransson
3rd overall pick

Florida has $30 million to spend to get to the cap floor, and while I wouldn't want to give up Carter, Gudbransson fills a future need for an aging defense. If broken down, I look at it as, Carter for Gudbransson and 3rd overall, with Bobrovsky and Versteeg (salary dump) going over for Markstrom.

Philly gets two top notch prospects, and their choice at #3. They also move Bobrovsky, but can sign a cheap back up to play behind Bryzgalov (once signed). Boucher can fill the role for under a million.

In turn, Florida takes on part of the salary needed, Tallon gets his man in Versteeg, and fills his #1 center role with Carter, moving Weiss to the second line where he should be. They also get a solid, NHL ready goaltender to back up Vokoun, who would then be signed to a shorter deal (2-3 years), while getting a portion of the games taken off of him.

Thoughts??
(Also, I read an article that had a few of these proposals in place, I kind of pieced together a trade that I felt made sense.)

Laus723 06-11-2011 03:15 PM

nope

Marvelous Manked 06-11-2011 03:20 PM

I actually can't see Florida doing that.

They give up their entire future, and become a #8-11 team.

Boooooth10 06-11-2011 03:33 PM

Two terrible Flyers - Panthers proposals today.

UConn126 06-11-2011 03:36 PM

Horrible deal for Florida. To get that package, Philly would have to add big time.

Carter for the 3rd straight up would probably be fair, as the third isn't guaranteed to be a quality NHLer where as Carter is one, but after that, Gudbranson+Markstrom>>>>>>>Versteeg+Bobrovsky.

patches67 06-11-2011 03:48 PM

It's possible my value is off.. but to say that Carter is only worth the 3rd overall in a weak draft is preposterous! Carter is a proven first line player who has the capability of potting 35-50 goals. He is worth the 3rd overall + a young defensive prospect in Gudbranson with out a doubt.

internetdotcom 06-11-2011 03:49 PM

Same nickname or not, this must be the same dude who posted that other horrendously one-sided FLO-PHI proposal. Terrible.

internetdotcom 06-11-2011 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patches67 (Post 33572014)
It's possible my value is off.. but to say that Carter is only worth the 3rd overall in a weak draft is preposterous! Carter is a proven first line player who has the capability of potting 35-50 goals. He is worth the 3rd overall + a young defensive prospect in Gudbranson with out a doubt.

:laugh::laugh: Ya think?

Understatement of the year.

Spongolium* 06-11-2011 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UConn126 (Post 33571841)
Carter for the 3rd straight up would probably be fair

Typical hfboards...............prospects better than "star" players in the league. This is just laughable

patches67 06-11-2011 04:00 PM

What if I changed it to,

Panthers get:

Carter
Versteeg
Bobrovsky

Flyers get:

3rd overall
Markstrom
Santorelli

??

Kaen 06-11-2011 04:06 PM

Quote:

He is worth the 3rd overall plus a decent prospect or player, but not 3rd and Gudbrandson. But I doubt Florida would even give up 3rd overall, they're taking the long route to rebuild and doing it properly. Making a deal like this would ruin that plan.

Laus723 06-11-2011 04:10 PM

Quote:

Not close. Florida would never offer that. Why can't people look at trade history to see that no one is close to the value fans think they are??

Laus723 06-11-2011 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patches67 (Post 33572190)
What if I changed it to,

Panthers get:

Carter
Versteeg
Bobrovsky

Flyers get:

3rd overall
Markstrom
Santorelli

??

No! Why move Markstrom? Especially for Bobs? Not a knock on him, he did well enough this season, but all Florida has to do is sign a guy while Markstrom continues to grow.

LEIFey 06-11-2011 04:29 PM

Why would the Flyers want Markstrom? He's a great prospect, but he's not really something the Flyers need...

And Carter for the 3rd overall and Gudbranson would require the Flyers to throw something else in. I think Florida would be better off just keeping their young guys and staying the course with the build.

keslerburrows 06-11-2011 04:31 PM

Why would Tallon consider that? Markstom>Bobrovsky, Gudbranson>Carle, Carter>3rd Overall ( Landeskog, Huberdeau, Couturier.)

So a NHL ready goaltender, An NHL ready stud (Gud), and a almost NHL ready 2nd line center soon to be a 1st line center for a - Backup goalie, a much hated d-man by most flyer fans, and a 1st line winger.

Im a go with a no.

TSA0402 06-11-2011 04:37 PM

Cause its in a rebuilding teams best interest to trade their three best prospects in one deal right?

Rschmitz 06-11-2011 04:39 PM

Florida had contract issues with gudbrandson, yet you think they are going to dump assets into carter? Florida needs to do a solid rebuild, with some good free agent pick ups they can be competitive. Then they might consider to give up youth.

Heaters not lazt* 06-11-2011 04:48 PM

Adding Bobrovsky/Markstrom isn't really needed.

Kulikov and #3 for Carter and Versteeg? Tough to swallow for Florida

SeanVT395 06-11-2011 05:53 PM

I would totally do Carter for Gudbranson +3rd overall mainly because I'm a huge fan of both Gudbranson and Larsson and I would probably go insane if the Flyers acquired both of them, and with Edmonton and Colorado picking 1st and 2nd i'd imagine Larsson going third is entirely realistic.

By the time Timonen and Pronger are on the decline in the forseeable future they would already have two franchise D-men to replace them :D

A pipe dream at best I suppose :(

Hockeypete49 06-11-2011 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patches67 (Post 33571381)
To Florida:

Jeff Carter
Kris Versteeg
Sergei Bobrovsky

To Philadelphia:

Jacob Markstrom
Erik Gudbransson
3rd overall pick

Florida has $30 million to spend to get to the cap floor, and while I wouldn't want to give up Carter, Gudbransson fills a future need for an aging defense. If broken down, I look at it as, Carter for Gudbransson and 3rd overall, with Bobrovsky and Versteeg (salary dump) going over for Markstrom.

Philly gets two top notch prospects, and their choice at #3. They also move Bobrovsky, but can sign a cheap back up to play behind Bryzgalov (once signed). Boucher can fill the role for under a million.

In turn, Florida takes on part of the salary needed, Tallon gets his man in Versteeg, and fills his #1 center role with Carter, moving Weiss to the second line where he should be. They also get a solid, NHL ready goaltender to back up Vokoun, who would then be signed to a shorter deal (2-3 years), while getting a portion of the games taken off of him.

Thoughts??
(Also, I read an article that had a few of these proposals in place, I kind of pieced together a trade that I felt made sense.)

Thanks you bailed me out. I like my post better:)

JCameron418 06-11-2011 06:39 PM

Counter Proposal:

The entire Flyers Organization for the entire Panthers organization.

I hope Chris Pronger doesn't get sunburnt too easily.

dookie88 06-11-2011 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanVT395 (Post 33573745)
I would totally do Carter for Gudbranson +3rd overall mainly because I'm a huge fan of both Gudbranson and Larsson and I would probably go insane if the Flyers acquired both of them, and with Edmonton and Colorado picking 1st and 2nd i'd imagine Larsson going third is entirely realistic.

By the time Timonen and Pronger are on the decline in the forseeable future they would already have two franchise D-men to replace them :D

A pipe dream at best I suppose :(

The probability of Gudbranson becoming a franchise D are pretty low, in my estimation.

That being said, I'd consider Versteeg+Carter for Gudbranson+3rd overall.
Of course only if Bryz is signed and we have a realistic shot at Gagne for a reasonable price.

SeanVT395 06-11-2011 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dookie88 (Post 33574448)
The probability of Gudbranson becoming a franchise D are pretty low, in my estimation.

That being said, I'd consider Versteeg+Carter for Gudbranson+3rd overall.
Of course only if Bryz is signed and we have a realistic shot at Gagne for a reasonable price.

Your estimation is probably not that far off, but like I said, it was just sort of a dream scenario. Realistically I wouldn't want it to happen.

I've been preaching the last three seasons that Carter isn't expendable to the Flyers but if Holmgren was absolutely dead set on Trading him for picks / prospects that would be the kind of return I would want.

I would break it down as:

To FLA:
Carter
Carle / Versteeg (salary dump, Florida needs to hit the floor somehow...)

To PHI:
Gudbranson
Larsson / Hamilton / Landeskog
Bryzgalov

Blackhawkswincup 06-11-2011 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keslerburrows (Post 33572618)
Why would Tallon consider that? Markstom>Bobrovsky, Gudbranson>Carle, Carter>3rd Overall ( Landeskog, Huberdeau, Couturier.)

So a NHL ready goaltender, An NHL ready stud (Gud), and a almost NHL ready 2nd line center soon to be a 1st line center for a - Backup goalie, a much hated d-man by most flyer fans, and a 1st line winger.

Im a go with a no.

Bobrovsky > Marsktrom

I will take the young proven NHL goalie over someone who has yet to play in an NHL game

Cullksinikers 06-11-2011 07:13 PM

That's bad on so many levels. A 3rd overall in a deep draft, Gudbranson, who has a very bright future, and their goalie of the future, Markstrom for an overpaid Versteeg, good player in Carter, and a inconsistent at times rookie in Bobrovsky.