HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Where will Christian Thomas play next season? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=925136)

Inferno 06-13-2011 05:25 PM

Where will Christian Thomas play next season?
 
simple.

NYR Viper 06-13-2011 05:27 PM

OHL. He is not strong enough nor do the Rangers like to rush their prospects.

BlueshirtBlitz 06-13-2011 05:30 PM

Don't see him making the NHL right out of the O like that.

TheRedViper 06-13-2011 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inferno272 (Post 33606242)
simple.

I hope the NHL, I think his PP abilities + shot would be a nice addition with 3rd line minutes, but I have a hard time slotting him in unless he can move to the left side which he plays during PP's anyways, so maybe...

Jumbo* 06-13-2011 05:36 PM

Definitely OHL.

TreeSapLlama 06-13-2011 05:46 PM

I say OHL, but reserve the right to change my opinion barring a rediculous growth spurt / training regiment.

I think either Hagelin or Grachev would take his potential spot, solely due to their further level of development.

silverfish 06-13-2011 05:53 PM

He might get a crack in one or two games (and then further if need be) depending on his training camp and preseason but I see him in the OHL next year for the most part.

Let him go back, captain his team deep into the playoffs, dominate and build some confidence before he steps into the pro life.

Maybe he'll challenge Goddens' goal record :naughty:

NYRSchrute217 06-13-2011 05:56 PM

I think he'll get a few games with the Rangers breaking camp but ultimately he'll end up in the OHL. Probably for the best, too.

n8 06-13-2011 05:57 PM

OHL. We also have to bust open a spot on the roster for him that currently doesn't exist. Down the RW is Gaborik, Callahan, MZA, Prust

t3hg00se 06-13-2011 06:07 PM

Could be the biggest surprise of camp.

Miller Time NYR 06-13-2011 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n8 (Post 33606762)
OHL. We also have to bust open a spot on the roster for him that currently doesn't exist. Down the RW is Gaborik, Callahan, MZA, Prust

For what it's worth I don't think MZA has that spot locked up at all, Ohl for me.

offdacrossbar 06-13-2011 06:10 PM

If a midget like mza can play for us, why can't Thomas? If dstep can play, why not Thomas. Same with McDonough.

These guys came in and produced at a high level fairly quickly. We do not know what will happen but I can tell you this, if he comes into camp and scores goals, And I mean goal scorer goals off pipe and in the corners, he will get a legit look see. As he should.

He will come into camp with an sniper rifle shot. This dude can really bring it and we really have no one who has a gun like this kid. And more than just his shot, he knows where to go and where to be to score. He's a one timer freak who shoots it while backing up as hard as most shoot when they step into it. He's really got a great eye for the net and his shot mechanics are top notch.

I give him a good shot at making the team and playing a lot of pp minutes and getting 5 on5 top 9 NHL minutes.

I'm excited to see what he can do.

Pugs35 06-13-2011 06:12 PM

If he has a good camp I can see him making the team at least for a 9 game tryout. But, honestly I have no idea, he's a real wildcard at this point.

nyr2k2 06-13-2011 06:19 PM

The OHL.

TheRedViper 06-13-2011 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by offdacrossbar (Post 33606989)
If a midget like mza can play for us, why can't Thomas? If dstep can play, why not Thomas. Same with McDonough.

These guys came in and produced at a high level fairly quickly. We do not know what will happen but I can tell you this, if he comes into camp and scores goals, And I mean goal scorer goals off pipe and in the corners, he will get a legit look see. As he should.

He will come into camp with an sniper rifle shot. This dude can really bring it and we really have no one who has a gun like this kid. And more than just his shot, he knows where to go and where to be to score. He's a one timer freak who shoots it while backing up as hard as most shoot when they step into it. He's really got a great eye for the net and his shot mechanics are top notch.

I give him a good shot at making the team and playing a lot of pp minutes and getting 5 on5 top 9 NHL minutes.

I'm excited to see what he can do.

:handclap::handclap:

broadwayblue 06-13-2011 06:26 PM

With Kreider out of the picture that's one less competitor for a spot. Still think at least 1 rookie makes the team...I don't see why Thomas can't beat out Hagelin and Grachev. If he has a great camp then I think he'll make the team.

vipernsx 06-13-2011 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 (Post 33606274)
OHL. He is not strong enough nor do the Rangers like to rush their prospects.

Bingo!

It's the size that counts.

NYR Viper 06-13-2011 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broadwayblue (Post 33607311)
With Kreider out of the picture that's one less competitor for a spot. Still think at least 1 rookie makes the team...I don't see why Thomas can't beat out Hagelin and Grachev. If he has a great camp then I think he'll make the team.

I just want to point out, that at the same age, Grachev scored 40 goals and put up 80 points in his FIRST season in NA and in the OHL. He has had 2 more years of development and while people love the "new shiny toy" in Thomas, people have to realize that the other players in the organization are good players too.

While Grachev's stats may not be "earth-shattering", he has improved his overall game and was much more noticeable the 2nd half of this season(Supposed to be his 1st AHL season if he didnt leave the OHL prematurely).

Brandon Dubinsky in his 3rd season after he was drafted:
Hartford Wolfpack: 71gp 21g 22a

Evgeny Grachev in his 3rd season after he was drafted:
Connecticut Whalepack: 73gp 16g 22a

Thirty One 06-13-2011 06:41 PM

the OHL

Alvvays 06-13-2011 06:41 PM

Don't think he'll stick, but he definitely could get the 9 game tryout.

New York RKY 06-13-2011 06:45 PM

Here's my prediction:

He has a VERY good training camp and makes the team out of camp, but he gets sent back around the 5 game mark of the regular season.

TheRedViper 06-13-2011 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 (Post 33607527)
I just want to point out, that at the same age, Grachev scored 40 goals and put up 80 points in his FIRST season in NA and in the OHL. He has had 2 more years of development and while people love the "new shiny toy" in Thomas, people have to realize that the other players in the organization are good players too.

While Grachev's stats may not be "earth-shattering", he has improved his overall game and was much more noticeable the 2nd half of this season(Supposed to be his 1st AHL season if he didnt leave the OHL prematurely).

Brandon Dubinsky in his 3rd season after he was drafted:
Hartford Wolfpack: 71gp 21g 22a

Evgeny Grachev in his 3rd season after he was drafted:
Connecticut Whalepack: 73gp 16g 22a

Grachev and Thomas aren't compareable IMO.

SupersonicMonkey* 06-13-2011 06:56 PM

OHL.

Its not a matter of skill but strength right now.

One more year, focus on getting more physically developed.

Id like to see Grachev get a shot on Stepan's wing.

If Wolski is kept, and he actually improves, a Grachev-Stepan-Wolski line could be good deep in the offensive zone and around the net.

Let Thomas mature physically a little.

Machinehead 06-13-2011 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rangers1024 (Post 33607868)
Grachev and Thomas aren't compareable IMO.

Agreed and neither is Dubinsky for that matter. Dubinsky is solid and brings alot to the table, and hopefully so will Grachev in time, but to me Thomas is a superior skill player to both of them.

SupersonicMonkey* 06-13-2011 07:00 PM

On Zuccarello, im still not convinced he will have much of an NHL career.

Why isn't he training with Barb Underhill?

He needs to vastly improve his skating and strength.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:44 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.