HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Boston Bruins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Pre-Game Talk: The Game Plan for the Title Game *All Game 7 Talk Here* (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=925297)

Hamilton Brian 06-13-2011 10:16 PM

Beating Vancouver IN Vancouver is the Kilimanjaro for Chara

I think the allusion can be made; Chara climbing the heights, and this year, there is no greater height but to win this Game 7.

So...the big questions. Analyze the Hecklly and Jyde of this Bruins squad in Vancouver. What happens to their game? In my mind, the 3 games played in Vancouver, the Bruins have been timid and passive.

So, what will this team need to change to crest Kilimanjaro? What will this team need to change to hold the Stanley Cup?

Dojji* 06-13-2011 10:22 PM

The easy answer is to simply hit more.

The harder, riskier, SCARIER answer, is to run three-man forecheck. Attack the Nucks hard every time and don't let them enter the zone without a fight Not just physical battles. They need to skate with them and outexecute them. The only way you're going to score on Luongo in that building is to have guys in deep flanking Luongo.

NeelyWasAWarrior 06-13-2011 10:25 PM

The Game Plan for the Title Game *All Game 7 Talk Here*

It's all hands on deck gentlemen. We're 0 and 3 in Vancouver in this series and we've only scored 2 goals in all those games. Of course, that has to change. It's gonna be crazy as all hell in vancouver and the canucks are going to come out to play like they did in Game 5. What I want to see is the Bruins be aggressive on offense. We have to score some goals and generate offense. We can't allow ourselves to get shutout again.

And of course, this is Thomas's moment of truth. This is his defining moment and he has to come thru and play big like he's done all series. My gut tells me has to put up a shutout in order for us to win.

Salzano14 06-13-2011 10:31 PM

Luongo to start Game 7

Per Vigneault in the post game presser.

bruinmann77 06-13-2011 10:34 PM

this is the Offense hear they need to show up and put goals on the board early and not depend on TT to save their bacon. All out hustle is needed up in Vancover and don't play to lose guys.

Jean_Jacket41 06-13-2011 10:35 PM

:handclap:

We want the Cup!

FreshlySquashedBear 06-13-2011 10:36 PM

Wow, totally read that first sentence wrong. lol.

Anyway. Pound em, Score. Pound em again. Lift trophy.

VeddarRants 06-13-2011 10:36 PM

Question is, will he finish G7?

Scruffy 06-13-2011 10:37 PM

Simple. Play the body, don't make stupid turnovers, don't make bad pinches, limit odd man rushes, and FINISH YOUR CHECKS.

Shaun 06-13-2011 10:37 PM

Traffic out front and pound them over and over.

xX lucic crew Xx 06-13-2011 10:38 PM

as i said in today's GDT game 6 will be an early blowout with a late meaningless goal...and game 7 we will blow them out early again with Chara playing very offensive minded...and btw can we let Seguin head man the puck? kid can fly!

5 Minute Major 06-13-2011 10:39 PM

In my opinion you guys have played 3 "smart" road games and if you had one bounce go your way you would have skated the Cup tonight or even earlier.

I'd stick to the game plan but just look to take a few more chances and I think you guys will be set.

Get the first goal as well. That could literally make Luongo fall apart.

5Minutes4Fighting 06-13-2011 10:40 PM

First goal we put by him in Game 7 starts his downfall. Get it early. Then get it often.

The Real Timmy 06-13-2011 10:42 PM

take the morning skate!!!

for ****s sake just play with that intensity. JR and Kieth Jones said that they did not take the morning skate any game in Van but have all 3 in Boston.......so

TAKE THE ****ING MORNING SKATE

both guys picked the bruins btw:handclap::yo:

Salzano14 06-13-2011 10:46 PM

:naughty:
Quote:

Originally Posted by VeddarRants (Post 33617950)
Question is, will he finish G7?

Mr Cartmenez 06-13-2011 10:46 PM

Before the series started, it was pretty obvious to me that the HFA was a huge advantage...in the finals in general. Both teams aren't used to play in those buildings.

That's why it won't be easy to win gm7, but we've been in all 3 road-games so far, all 3 were basically coin-flips. In gm1, VAN deserved the win, game 2 should have been ours and in game5 we were slightly better.

We need to come out and finally take advantage of our tough game, we can't let VAN outhit us again, that's when they play great. If you hit them often and early, they tend to fold.

Easier said than done, but at some point a lucky bounce on the road has to happen.

If you honestly ask me about the score, I'd say a very close 2-1 win for us. VAN takes the lead but we come back with 2 unanswered goals.
But I have been wrong before...

Mount KilimanChara 06-13-2011 10:48 PM

Yes it is. I wouldn't want to be in his way.

Almost as important to me will be the play of Thomas and especially Lucic. Lucic or Chara needs to score a goal if the Bruins are going to win, I think, preferably both. Scoring early is so key.

unifiedtheory 06-13-2011 10:49 PM

Take the reigns off. Let them roll and pinch and attack.

If we bring our skating legs, something we have not seen in any game in Vancouver we'll take this thing. Biggest game of every single players life, on both sides.

Man, it's going to be a LONG day on Wednesday.

Dojji* 06-13-2011 10:51 PM

http://www.nhlsnipers.com/wp-content...tim_thomas.jpg

This guy has spent his entire career having to work extra hard to prove himself.

He isn't going to falter now. Thomas with a 1-0 shutout for the Cup winn.

TMac21 06-13-2011 10:51 PM

Have to outhit them and get some pucks to Luongo early.

Huge pressure on Vancouver this game....get on them right away.

blackandgold 06-13-2011 10:52 PM

I know I'm going to bed, and this thread is likely to be 12 pages when I wake up, so I might not read the responses, but...

can I point out that Kilimanjaro was Chara's Kilimanjaro?

sorry, I'm a little loopy, as well.

Regina 06-13-2011 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dojji (Post 33618363)
http://www.nhlsnipers.com/wp-content...tim_thomas.jpg

This guy has spent his entire career having to work extra hard to prove himself.

He isn't going to falter now. Thomas with a 1-0 shutout for the Cup winn.

Sweet

:handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

:cry::cry::cry:

:handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap: :handclap:

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Dojji* 06-13-2011 10:55 PM

I don't care about the hitting per se, but they've got to possess the puck better than they did in game 5, and hitting tends to go hand in glove with that.

patty59 06-13-2011 10:57 PM

This is it. Nothing that has happened up until now matters. Go out and play your game fellas. You can do it.

This is what they live for. I expect nothing short of perfection. These guys will NOT disappoint.

RunFromTheBear 06-13-2011 10:57 PM

He has be excellent in Vancouver. Bruins need to attack quickly and try and get him out of his comfort zone. I think we see game 1-2-5 Luongo not game 3-4-6 Luongo. I'm feeling good about pulling off the victory.