HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Roy trade tree (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=925712)

De Montreal 06-14-2011 05:23 PM

Roy trade tree
 
I'm trying to figure out what happened to the assets we receive in the famous Patrick Roy trade in 93. We got Kovalenko, Rucinsky and Thibault in the first hand tree.

Kovalenko -> Scott Thornton -> Juha Lind = we lost Lind to free agency

Rucinsky -> Audette + Van Allen = Van Allen lost to free agency, Audette to waivers

Thibault -> Hackett + Weinrich + Nasreddine ->

Nasreddine -> Laflamme + Descotteaux lost to free agency

Weinrich -> Traverse -> Mathieu Biron (also lost to free agency)

Hacket -> Sundstrom (Lost to free agency) + 2004 3rd pick

Now that's where it get tricky: we used that 3rd round pick in the Mathieu Garon trade in which we received Radek Bonk and Cristobal Huet (this trade turned out very nicely for us). We lost Bonk trough free agency and we traded Huet to Washington for a 2nd round pick in 2009 Entry Draft.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to figure out what happened to that 2nd round pick. Anyone have an idea? That year, we traded two second round pick: one to get Mathieu Schneider, and I think the second one, ours, ended up in Calgary for Tanguay... Anyone can help me on that?

frederixx 06-14-2011 05:31 PM

We got Anaheim's 2nd round pick in the Huet trade

Which was later traded to Atlanta (they picked Jeremy Morin who was traded to Chicago).

EDIT:

(here what i found on wikipedia)

The Anaheim Ducks' second-round pick went to the Atlanta Thrashers as the result of a trade on February 16, 2009 that sent Mathieu Schneider and a conditional pick in 2009 to the Montreal Canadiens in exchange for a third-round pick in 2010 and this pick.[13]
Montreal previously acquired this pick in a trade on February 26, 2008 that sent Cristobal Huet to the Washington Capitals in exchange for this pick.[14]
Washington previously acquired this pick in a trade on November 19, 2007 that sent Brian Sutherby to Anaheim in exchange for this pick

Marchy79 06-14-2011 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal (Post 33633954)
I'm trying to figure out what happened to the assets we receive in the famous Patrick Roy trade in 93. We got Kovalenko, Rucinsky and Thibault in the first hand tree.

Kovalenko -> Scott Thornton -> Juha Lind = we lost Lind to free agency

Rucinsky -> Audette + Van Allen = Van Allen lost to free agency, Audette to waivers

Thibault -> Hackett + Weinrich + Nasreddine ->

Nasreddine -> Laflamme + Descotteaux lost to free agency

Weinrich -> Traverse -> Mathieu Biron (also lost to free agency)

Hacket -> Sundstrom (Lost to free agency) + 2004 3rd pick

Now that's where it get tricky: we used that 3rd round pick in the Mathieu Garon trade in which we received Radek Bonk and Cristobal Huet (this trade turned out very nicely for us). We lost Bonk trough free agency and we traded Huet to Washington for a 2nd round pick in 2009 Entry Draft.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to figure out what happened to that 2nd round pick. Anyone have an idea? That year, we traded two second round pick: one to get Mathieu Schneider, and I think the second one, ours, ended up in Calgary for Tanguay... Anyone can help me on that?

5.* The Anaheim Ducks' second-round pick went to the Atlanta Thrashers as the result of a trade on February 16, 2009 that sent Mathieu Schneider and a conditional pick in 2009 to the Montreal Canadiens in exchange for a third-round pick in 2010 and this pick.[13]
Montreal previously acquired this pick in a trade on February 26, 2008 that sent Cristobal Huet to the Washington Capitals in exchange for this pick.[14]
Washington previously acquired this pick in a trade on November 19, 2007 that sent Brian Sutherby to Anaheim in exchange for this pick.[15]

This one became Jeremy Morin (Atlanta) now a Chicago Blackhawk made his NHL debut in 10-11

8.* The Montreal Canadiens' second-round pick went to the Colorado Avalanche as the result of a trade on March 4, 2009 that sent Jordan Leopold to the Calgary Flames in exchange for Lawrence Nycholat, Ryan Wilson, and this pick.[18]
Calgary previously acquired this pick as the result of a trade on June 20, 2008 that sent Alex Tanguay and a fifth-round pick in 2008 to Montreal in exchange for a first-round pick in 2008 and this pick.[10]

This one became Stefan Elliott (Colorado) Just joined the AHL Lake Erie for the playoffs

:)

Richiebottles 06-14-2011 05:37 PM

Plus Elliot is a good prospect...

canadiensnation 06-14-2011 05:40 PM

The Habs traded both 2nd round picks their own 2nd rounder and the Capitals 2nd rounder.

The players that were drafted are:
45th Pick: Jeremy Morin (Atlanta Thrashers)
Info: The Anaheim Ducks' second-round pick went to the Atlanta Thrashers as the result of a trade on February 16, 2009 that sent Mathieu Schneider and a conditional pick in 2009 to the Montreal Canadiens in exchange for a third-round pick in 2010 and this pick.
Montreal previously acquired this pick in a trade on February 26, 2008 that sent Cristobal Huet to the Washington Capitals in exchange for this pick.

49th Pick: Stefan Elliott (Colorado Avalanche)
Info: The Montreal Canadiens' second-round pick went to the Colorado Avalanche as the result of a trade on March 4, 2009 that sent Jordan Leopold to the Calgary Flames in exchange for Lawrence Nycholat, Ryan Wilson, and this pick.
Calgary previously acquired this pick as the result of a trade on June 20, 2008 that sent Alex Tanguay and a fifth-round pick in 2008 to Montreal in exchange for a first-round pick in 2008 and this pick.

Hopefully this helps

TomPlex 06-14-2011 05:50 PM

So there's nothing left from that disaster. Good. Time to move on ;)

canadiensnation 06-14-2011 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomPlex (Post 33634441)
So there's nothing left from that disaster. Good. Time to move on ;)

Not quite they drafted Maxim Trunev in the 5th round in '08 the pick they got from the Flames...not a bad prospect.

Aspirine 06-14-2011 06:17 PM

So all of these players never brought anything to the Habs? Damn, we really got fleeced...

Aspirine 06-14-2011 06:49 PM

Just for the fun of it:

Andrei Kovalenko: GP 51 P 34
Martin Rucinsky: GP 432 P 297

Scott Thornton: GP 222 P 51
Donald Audette: GP 90 P 37
Shaun Van Allen: GP 54 P 15
Eric Weinrich: GP 203 P 72
Alain Nasreddine: GP 8 P 0

Juha Lind: GP 60 P 10
Christian Laflamme: GP 54 P 5
Mathieu Descôteaux: GP 5 P 2
Patrick Traverse: GP 109 P 23
Niklas Sundstrom: GP 154 P 49

Jocelyn Thibault: GP 158 W 67
Jeff Hackett: GP 146 W 58

So that gives us a grand total of 1442 man-games played for skaters, who scored 595 points wearing the Habs' jersey and 304 games played by 'tenders, bringing 125 wins homes.
Not too shabby Pat!

Who cares about the 3rd rounder?!

loudi94 06-14-2011 06:56 PM

It was 95, not 93. Just sayin'.

The n00b King 06-14-2011 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspirine (Post 33635553)
Just for the fun of it:

Andrei Kovalenko: GP 51 P 34
Martin Rucinsky: GP 432 P 297

Scott Thornton: GP 222 P 51
Donald Audette: GP 90 P 37
Shaun Van Allen: GP 54 P 15
Eric Weinrich: GP 203 P 72
Alain Nasreddine: GP 8 P 0

Juha Lind: GP 60 P 10
Christian Laflamme: GP 54 P 5
Mathieu Descôteaux: GP 5 P 2
Patrick Traverse: GP 109 P 23
Niklas Sundstrom: GP 154 P 49

Jocelyn Thibault: GP 158 W 67
Jeff Hackett: GP 146 W 58

So that gives us a grand total of 1442 man-games played for skaters, who scored 595 points wearing the Habs' jersey and 304 games played by 'tenders, bringing 125 wins homes.
Not too shabby Pat!

Who cares about the 3rd rounder?!

Im shocked t osee that Traverse got 23 pts in his 100 games.

He was probably the worst hockey player I had ever seen. What's he doing these years?

Aspirine 06-14-2011 07:03 PM

According to nhl.com (where I got all these stats), he played in Germany last year. This year? :dunno: Maybe he retired?

danyhabsfan 06-14-2011 07:05 PM

my father used to love Scott Thornton.

A big guy

Watsatheo 06-14-2011 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadiensnation (Post 33634520)
Not quite they drafted Maxim Trunev in the 5th round in '08 the pick they got from the Flames...not a bad prospect.

Trunev is a product of the Ribiero trade if I'm not mistaken.

Richiebottles 06-14-2011 07:14 PM

Yea he could actually be our Hidden Gem if you will. He could be good if he decides to come over and play in Hamilton.

A line of

Trunev-Leblanc-Avtsin

Dr Danglefest HELLO !

Harry Wong 06-14-2011 09:16 PM

What a terriffic bit of work and a great review of a of a trade that went a long way to ruining our team in that era. (And you could argue even affects us now).
I forgot about some of the great players to come out of that trade, Rucinsky, Thornton, Weinrich etc., and how many duds; but there was only one truly great player and he won ?how many games, and 2 Cups for Colorado.

7th Player 06-14-2011 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Watsatheo (Post 33635968)
Trunev is a product of the Ribiero trade if I'm not mistaken.

Tanguay actually.

For Ribeiro it was Conboy.

Lafleurs Guy 06-14-2011 10:11 PM

The Roy trade was an absolute bust.

A good return on a player? Stephane Richer. We got Muller who helped us win a cup and then turned that into Pierre Turgeon. Not a bad run of hockey players from one draft pick.

Habs_46 06-15-2011 07:23 AM

The Roy trade was one of the worst rip offs I've ever seen.

What we got in return can barely be considered assets...

Rucinsky, Kovalenko & Thibault!.... for a superstar goalie that won the cup that year.... what a joke!!!!

Patty Roy 06-15-2011 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danyhabsfan (Post 33635867)
my father used to love Scott Thornton.

A big guy

Thornton was probably the best thing we got out of this mess.

Tough as nails and could play on the 3rd line. Habs could sure use a Scott Thornton on the current club.

Richiebottles 06-15-2011 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs_46 (Post 33644075)
The Roy trade was one of the worst rip offs I've ever seen.

What we got in return can barely be considered assets...

Rucinsky, Kovalenko & Thibault!.... for a superstar goalie that won the cup that year.... what a joke!!!!

And people think that the Goalies aren't worth anything today. :help:

DeVries* 06-15-2011 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominant Hegemony (Post 33635720)
Im shocked t osee that Traverse got 23 pts in his 100 games.

He was probably the worst hockey player I had ever seen. What's he doing these years?

This. Is the only thing I'll remember from this thread... :laugh:

jacklours 06-15-2011 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominant Hegemony (Post 33635720)
Im shocked t osee that Traverse got 23 pts in his 100 games.

He was probably the worst hockey player I had ever seen. What's he doing these years?


I wish I was such a bad hockey player that I could play in he NHL.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:01 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.