HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Anyone Hyped for Pre-season? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=925861)

Aplayaz2000 06-15-2011 12:28 AM

Anyone Hyped for Pre-season?

Well after the draft and all... I wonder how some players will perform before the start of the season.

With training camp and all, rookie tournament as well? Anyone else surely interested in seeing the prospects perform?

Phion Keneuf 06-15-2011 12:31 AM

That's all that is on my mind right now, and its not a good thing considering I have exams next week :P

Very excited about seeing our prospects, I think we have plenty of gems in our pipeline.

Stephen 06-15-2011 12:32 AM

I'd like to see the Draft and July 1 first to be honest.

Baba Ganoush 06-15-2011 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 33641852)

haha this. way too early for me to get excited about anything on-ice.

i'll be excited for pre-season once we get a better idea of what we're going into next season with. the only excitement in pre-season is the young guys/prospects battling it out for spots...and for all we know, some of those guys (Kadri, Colborne, etc) will be moved in the offseason.

Leaf Rocket 06-15-2011 12:53 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baba Ganoush (Post 33641891)
haha this. way too early for me to get excited about anything on-ice.

i'll be excited for pre-season once we get a better idea of what we're going into next season with. the only excitement in pre-season is the young guys/prospects battling it out for spots...and for all we know, some of those guys (Kadri, Colborne, etc) will be moved in the offseason.

same lol i have been looking at he calendar everyday for june 24th. I stopped looking at it for three days and I got so pumped up knowing that hte draft is next weeekkk!!!!

I still don't think Kadri or Colborne will be moved. But yea off-season signings/trades are what I am looking forward to right now...the wait is freaking killing me.

Crispy Crust 06-15-2011 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket (Post 33642081)
same lol i have been looking at he calendar everyday for june 24th. I stopped looking at it for three days and I got so pumped up knowing that hte draft is next weeekkk!!!!

I still don't think Kadri or Colborne will be moved. But yea off-season signings/trades are what I am looking forward to right now...the wait is freaking killing me.

Longest 9 ****ing days ever man

Jordan 06-15-2011 01:06 AM

The pre-season is exciting for the first 5 minutes of the first exhibition game. Then it's just painful waiting for real games to start.

I think if they cut the pre-season down by about 4 games or so, it might be more bearable. Just too many meaningless games against a bunch of players I've never heard of. And let us not forget all the fanboys who jump to conclusions based on the outcomes of some meaningless exhibition games.

The draft will be fun for a change because the Leafs will be active. Then July 1st is fun to watch all the madness unfold. From there I pretty much don't give a damn about hockey until the camps get under way. Summer is too short.

hockeygeek 06-15-2011 01:07 AM

I've been following Pogge, and Tlusty, and Caputi, and Steen, and Hanson and blah blah blah he's gonna be awesome for years. I'm so sick of our prospects. They are nice to follow when your teams lousy, they give you hope, but they rarely match the hype. I'm waiting for the real season to start. I want to see the big team do well.

Jordan 06-15-2011 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeygeek (Post 33642204)
I've been following Pogge, and Tlusty, and Caputi, and Steen, and Hanson and blah blah blah he's gonna be awesome for years. I'm so sick of our prospects. They are nice to follow when your teams lousy, they give you hope, but they rarely match the hype. I'm waiting for the real season to start. I want to see the big team do well.

Now, now.....I really think that Nathan Dempsey is the real deal!

The Robbie Earl Fan Club had a big following at one point.

WTFMAN99 06-15-2011 01:41 AM

Wayyyy too early to be hyped for pre-season, right now its the draft, and following that its the big free agency frenzy I enjoy. After that summer gets slow lol.

smoke meat pete* 06-15-2011 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeygeek (Post 33642204)

You can stop following Steen, Pogge and Tlusty now. They are gone.

Chandrashekhar Limit 06-15-2011 03:07 AM

Only if we can land a top 6 center.

I'd follow them obviously, but wouldn't be too excited about it.

PEILeafsFan 06-15-2011 05:59 AM

Never really get too excited for pre-season until about a week before it starts because I'm so starved for hockey. I am very excited for the draft and July 1 as every hockey fan should be. On a side note, does anyone know if the draft will be streamed online?

Schenn 06-15-2011 06:20 AM

Why would I be excited? - I mean more than usual? The NHL Postseason is not even finished yet. The beginning of the offseason has yet to begin. Burke has not made one move, or drafted one player. What makes me extra excited for the season to start is the new players and prospects, and seeing how they perform. All I am really psyched about right now is the upcoming draft and free agency. Then once Burke has made his moves, I will be "hyped" for the preseason.

MarcWagz 06-15-2011 06:52 AM

since I am an all around sports fan the wait is easier, the CFL preseason starts today so I can watch that and the CFL regular season up to the time the NHL starts. And I have the Blue Jays to watch if I'm REALLY bored.

stanleyorbust 06-15-2011 07:35 AM

I think Burke is trying to hype Frattin... the question is it legitimate or is it Burke trying to take the majority of the focus off Reimer, Kadri and to a lesser extend Colborne?

mydnyte 06-15-2011 07:57 AM

Quote:

yep... it will be good to actually watch a draft where we may actually see something good happen for a change.

Larcos_Unal 06-15-2011 08:15 AM

I took June 24th off, I'm gonna read/watch rumours all day and I'll be enjoying a few frosty beverages on the way also.

mikebel111 06-15-2011 09:10 AM

trying

im trying to take my focus of leafs. but its impossible. when i need to study on comp. i find myself on hf boards leafs and bleacher. i have exams comin up for grade 10. last day school today but exams follow. im pumped for pre season but more pumped for draft and free agent frenzy.

Delayed Offside 06-15-2011 09:17 AM

Draft then July 1. After that I want to enjoy the summer.

Volcanologist 06-15-2011 09:34 AM

I'll be hyped if and when Burke can put a better team on the ice.

nsleaf 06-15-2011 10:07 AM

Not yet, enjoying the golf course right now.

noway 06-15-2011 10:35 AM

I'd settle for just knowing who our backup goalie is going to be.

TrueBlue86 06-15-2011 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volcanologist (Post 33645543)
I'll be hyped if and when Burke can put a better team on the ice.

lol if you're not hyped now posting many times a day, i'd like to see what you look like hyped

LeeIs 06-15-2011 11:03 AM

I can't wait for the season to start already.