HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Flyers sign Bryzgalov, 9 yrs, $5.66M cap hit (report in post #717) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=926576)

MiamiScreamingEagles 06-16-2011 12:59 AM

Flyers sign Bryzgalov, 9 yrs, $5.66M cap hit (report in post #717)

Part 2 (prior thread has been closed as it neared capacity).

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=922492

Friday, June 17 article:

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/124055039.html

Quote:

Sources said the Flyers will sign Bryzgalov if his demands "aren't crazy."

A five-year deal that would pay him about $5.5 million per season seems like a reasonable estimate, based on an unofficial goalie scale.

Holmgren did not return calls Thursday. Eight days ago, he hinted that the length of the deal would not be a stumbling block and that he was "open-minded."

The Flyers already have nearly $59 million committed to 18 players for 2011-12. The salary cap is expected to climb from $59.4 million to about $62.4 million for next season, and it will be announced shortly.

If they sign Bryzgalov, the Flyers figure to bypass on re-signing winger Ville Leino, a prospective free agent. They also may have to deal a player such as defenseman Matt Carle.

The Flyers do not want to trade high-scoring forward Jeff Carter unless they are overwhelmed by an offer, a source said, adding that they would need more than what Columbus reportedly is dangling - winger Jakub Voracek and a first-round pick (eighth overall) in next Friday's draft.

If the Flyers cannot sign Bryzgalov, Evgeni Nabokov, who is property of the New York Islanders, may be a fallback option.

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________
The trade for purposes of reference: The rights to Ilya Bryzgalov (breez-GAH-lahf, IHL-yah) from the Phoenix Coyotes in exchange for LW Matt Clackson, the Flyers’ 3rd round draft choice in 2012 and a conditional draft choice (which later became a 2011 3rd round pick, the 84th selection).

sa cyred 06-16-2011 01:13 AM

Well 1 week or so before the draft. Next week will hopefully be interesting. I can see a lot of rumors float around.

Sanders418777 06-16-2011 01:13 AM

The pilot was Renegade's source.

SolidSnakeUS 06-16-2011 02:26 AM

If Snider really did send his private plane for him and he doesn't sign, that might be more of a dick move than what Hamhuis did to us.

Kitten Mittons 06-16-2011 03:02 AM

He's gonna get it.

Haute Couturier 06-16-2011 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS (Post 33677830)
If Snider really did send his private plane for him and he doesn't sign, that might be more of a dick move than what Hamhuis did to us.

Hamhuis was under no obligation to sign with the Flyers and neither is Bryz. How is that a dick move?

SolidSnakeUS 06-16-2011 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Libertine (Post 33679765)
Hamhuis was under no obligation to sign with the Flyers and neither is Bryz. How is that a dick move?

Just the kind of screwing with clubs. Probably because with Hamhuis, he went to us, then the Pens, then signed by the Nucks, just to do that. It's just bleh...

flountown 06-16-2011 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS (Post 33679910)
Just the kind of screwing with clubs. Probably because with Hamhuis, he went to us, then the Pens, then signed by the Nucks, just to do that. It's just bleh...

You realize that without a NTC/NMC that Hamhuis had no say in getting traded?

He basically told everyone he wanted to test free agency/wanted to go home to Vancouver, and two teams (Flyers included) were not smart enough to listen...

SolidSnakeUS 06-16-2011 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flountown (Post 33680749)
You realize that without a NTC/NMC that Hamhuis had no say in getting traded?

He basically told everyone he wanted to test free agency/wanted to go home to Vancouver, and two teams (Flyers included) were not smart enough to listen...

Whatever... just hope something happens. Maybe I'll wake up in the afternoon and we see we have him signed for less than 6M per. If we don't get him, I'd say maybe try to pull for Vokoun, then if not him, then I'd say Schneider, mainly because he would be cheaper than Bernier (obtaining him).

Mylec 22 06-16-2011 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS (Post 33677830)

I don't think that Bryz flew in from Russia just to joyride in Snider's jet from JFK to PHL. I think he came here with the intention of getting signed.

It's gonna happen.

dingbathero 06-16-2011 12:00 PM

:yo:

SeanVT395 06-16-2011 12:11 PM

I don't see why not signing with Philadelphia is a dick move for Bryzgalov. He's not obligated to to sign with anyone, it's not like he had a choice to be traded.

See: Dan Hamhuis

Good to see Snider wants to get this **** done, did he finally learn after 24 years?

Jimmy Villa 06-16-2011 12:17 PM

http://articles.philly.com/2011-06-0...ov-ville-leino

Bryzgalov - "I am pleased the Flyers thought enough of me to make the trade with the Coyotes," Bryzgalov said in a statement. "Philadelphia is a great city, a great organization, and a great team with a rich history. I am looking forward to meeting with Paul Holmgren to discuss the possibility of us working together for many years to come."

Yeah, he'll sign :yo:

BernieParent 06-16-2011 12:35 PM

It's a nice PR move by Snider to send his jet; this just means he's serious about signing Bryzgalov. But Winter is there to work for the best payday possible for his client and to remind Bryzgalov about dollars and cents. In his own words, however, Winter has said that he wants to ensure that the player gets what he wants, so if Bryz becomes enamoured with the Flyers organization and says he definitely wants to sign here, I believe it will get done. It wouldn't be Winter's first FA client to leave millions on the table to sign where he wanted to be (Hossa).

I'm hesitantly changing my opinion to cautious optimism that a deal will be struck at 6 years $34 million.

Protest 06-16-2011 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy Villa (Post 33686137)
http://articles.philly.com/2011-06-0...ov-ville-leino

Bryzgalov - "I am pleased the Flyers thought enough of me to make the trade with the Coyotes," Bryzgalov said in a statement. "Philadelphia is a great city, a great organization, and a great team with a rich history. I am looking forward to meeting with Paul Holmgren to discuss the possibility of us working together for many years to come."

Yeah, he'll sign :yo:

Yep for 12 years and $60 million. We'll then trade Carter to Columbus for a 4th round pick and Chris Clark, Versteeg will be sent to Florida for sunscreen and some Cuban women to be added to Holmgren's Harem. Then we'll get hit with cap circumvention, lose our 3rd this year, and our next 1st round pick, which I believe is in the 2024 draft...which according to HFBoards is said to be a strong one....

Bryz will sign with Colorado for $8 mil a year, Bob will be so offended that we tried to replace him so soon that he'll defect back to Siberia, and we'll be stuck with Leighton/Boosh. All the while our captain and GM will be in Holmgren's opium den drunk off of absinthe, and high off their ***** surrounded by said Cuban women.

Larry44 06-16-2011 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Protest (Post 33686736)
Yep for 12 years and $60 million. We'll then trade Carter to Columbus for a 4th round pick and Chris Clark, Versteeg will be sent to Florida for sunscreen and some Cuban women to be added to Holmgren's Harem. Then we'll get hit with cap circumvention, lose our 3rd this year, and our next 1st round pick, which I believe is in the 2024 draft...which according to HFBoards is said to be a strong one....

Bryz will sign with Colorado for $8 mil a year, Bob will be so offended that we tried to replace him so soon that he'll defect back to Siberia, and we'll be stuck with Leighton/Boosh. All the while our captain and GM will be in Holmgren's opium den drunk off of absinthe, and high off their ***** surrounded by said Cuban women.

Get off the ledge....

Protest 06-16-2011 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry44 (Post 33686894)
Get off the ledge....

I'm actually in a chair right now. I don't like heights so I would be very hesitant to go on a ledge.

Prongo 06-16-2011 12:57 PM

Im still believeing if he signs hes gonna get a deal around 40 million for 7 years, the cap hit would be 5.71. Maybe 39 million for 7 years that would lower the cap hit to about 5.55 million. I really think thats the only way we sign him if that cap hit comes down below 6 million but still gives him his big pay day

SeanL44 06-16-2011 12:58 PM

According to Timmeh Laviolette picked Bryz and Winter up and drove them around Philadelphia for a bit and then on to the skate zone. Maybe I'm just over confident but this really feels like the Flyers are prepared to do anything to sign this guy.

BernieParent 06-16-2011 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanL44 (Post 33687085)
According to Timmeh Laviolette picked Bryz and Winter up and drove them around Philadelphia for a bit and then on to the skate zone. Maybe I'm just over confident but this really feels like the Flyers are prepared to do anything to sign this guy.

Laviolette: "On your far right, you can see the city dump."

Bryzgalov: "Looks like Philadelphia people not like Coca-Cola. Why are there so many destroyed machines?"

Winter: "Just keep driving, Peter."

Beef Invictus 06-16-2011 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BernieParent (Post 33687211)
Laviolette: "On your far right, you can see the city dump."

Bryzgalov: "Looks like Philadelphia people not like Coca-Cola. Why are there so many destroyed machines?"

Winter: "Just keep driving, Peter."

:laugh:

Protest 06-16-2011 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 (Post 33687060)
Im still believeing if he signs hes gonna get a deal around 40 million for 7 years, the cap hit would be 5.71. Maybe 39 million for 7 years that would lower the cap hit to about 5.55 million. I really think thats the only way we sign him if that cap hit comes down below 6 million but still gives him his big pay day

I could live with 6 years and $5.5 million, but I'm just afraid of another 7+ year contract with a NTC. When Holmgren finds who he wants he usually makes sure they're a Flyer, even if it means overpaying.

Jimmy Villa 06-16-2011 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Protest (Post 33686736)

Bryz will sign with Colorado for $8 mil a year
, Bob will be so offended that we tried to replace him so soon that he'll defect back to Siberia, and we'll be stuck with Leighton/Boosh. All the while our captain and GM will be in Holmgren's opium den drunk off of absinthe, and high off their ***** surrounded by said Cuban women.

Meh, wouldn't mind too much, I also follow the Avs ;)

I do share your concerns about Homer overpaying, but at least we'll have a real goalie then.

I still think $5.5, but not sure on the term

StevensCakeBakerBacker 06-16-2011 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Protest (Post 33687414)
I could live with 6 years and $5.5 million, but I'm just afraid of another 7+ year contract with a NTC. When Holmgren finds who he wants he usually makes sure they're a Flyer, even if it means overpaying.

The nature of FA is to overpay for talent. A team just needs to make sure they overpay for top level talent and not mediocre talent.

I realize that Bryz is not technically a FA at the moment, but it is close enough for the above statement to hold true.

Protest 06-16-2011 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevensCakeBakerBacker (Post 33687585)
The nature of FA is to overpay for talent. A team just needs to make sure they overpay for top level talent and not mediocre talent.

I realize that Bryz is not technically a FA at the moment, but it is close enough for the above statement to hold true.

I know that, that's why Briere, Hartnell, and Timonen make what they make. But I think that $33 million is fair considering it puts him in the top 10 contracts for goalies, 5th if you exclude Dipietro's and Luongo's ridiculous deals. I'm just afraid of putting him into the top 3 because I'm not sure that helps. I mean just look at the Rangers, Buffalo, and Carolina.