HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Please don't sign Nedved (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=92711)

dawes 07-21-2004 08:03 AM

Please don't sign Nedved
 
God no. I heard his model wife likes New York. That's nice. Come visit. Now go away Nedved

I want Nylander. He's forgotten more about playmaking then Nedved will ever know. We need a guy to set Balej and our young players up. Not shoot a wrist shot 5 feet wide 90% of the time.

I'd also take a long look at Bondra. Balej reminds me a lot of Bondra who I think on a line of Bondra-Nylander-Balej would really flourish.

If I could get Bondra and Nylander to sign 2 year deals I do this.

Colorado Avalanche 07-21-2004 08:27 AM

Bondra is not anymore as good as before but dangerous still!
and Nylander i saw him once playing and he was AWESOME great playmaker!

NYR469 07-21-2004 09:12 AM

nylander isn't any better than nedved, the only difference is nylander hasn't been here yet so you haven't had to watch him every night

CrookedRain 07-21-2004 09:33 AM

I will not buy any Rangers merchandise nor tickets while Nedved is a Ranger.

Larry Melnyk 07-21-2004 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR469
nylander isn't any better than nedved, the only difference is nylander hasn't been here yet so you haven't had to watch him every night

Right now, Nylander is 5x the player Nedved is ...He generates offense, he dishes the puck well, and he back checks...All Nedved does is shoot wide and high and get lost in the defensive zone..The only worse signing then Nedved would be Hlavac the Horrible

007 07-21-2004 10:15 AM

Anyone know how much did Nylander's broken leg affect his play after he came back, if at all?

NYR469 07-21-2004 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
Right now, Nylander is 5x the player Nedved is ...He generates offense, he dishes the puck well, and he back checks...All Nedved does is shoot wide and high and get lost in the defensive zone..The only worse signing then Nedved would be Hlavac the Horrible

funny how nedved's stats the last 5 years are better than nylanders...

nylander's last 5 years:
18gp 1-13-14
80gp 17-43-60
82gp 15-46-51
82gp 25-39-64
66gp 23-28-51
Total--328gp 81-169-240
Average year--65.6gp 16.2-33.8-50

nedved's last 5 years:
81gp 19-27-46
78gp 27-31-58
78gp 21-25-46
79gp 32-46-78
76gp 24-44-68
Total--392gp 123-173-296
Average year--78.4gp 24.6-34.6-59.2

so over the last 5 years, nedved has been more durable and has played more games per year, he has more goals, assists and points per year. he has scored more goals in all 5 years, and has more assists and more points in 3 of the 5 years...

so where is this 'offense' that nylander supposedly provides that makes him '5 times better'??

the reason that you think nylander is better is because you hate nedved after watching him play every night and nylander is 'new blood' that doesn't serve a reminder of the last 7 years

NYR469 07-21-2004 10:34 AM

and don't get me wrong, i do NOT want nedved or anyone else that we just dumped back...and given our options nylander is probably our best choice to pick to play with jagr. my point is simply that nylander isn't a huge upgrade

SingnBluesOnBroadway 07-21-2004 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR469
and don't get me wrong, i do NOT want nedved or anyone else that we just dumped back...and given our options nylander is probably our best choice to pick to play with jagr. my point is simply that nylander isn't a huge upgrade

Didn't Jagr play with Nylander in Washington?

How about picking up Adam Oates for a season. He could play with Jagr and maybe even help some of the kids develop their scoring touches.

Larry Melnyk 07-21-2004 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR469
funny how nedved's stats the last 5 years are better than nylanders...

nylander's last 5 years:
18gp 1-13-14
80gp 17-43-60
82gp 15-46-51
82gp 25-39-64
66gp 23-28-51
Total--328gp 81-169-240
Average year--65.6gp 16.2-33.8-50

nedved's last 5 years:
81gp 19-27-46
78gp 27-31-58
78gp 21-25-46
79gp 32-46-78
76gp 24-44-68
Total--392gp 123-173-296
Average year--78.4gp 24.6-34.6-59.2

so over the last 5 years, nedved has been more durable and has played more games per year, he has more goals, assists and points per year. he has scored more goals in all 5 years, and has more assists and more points in 3 of the 5 years...

so where is this 'offense' that nylander supposedly provides that makes him '5 times better'??

the reason that you think nylander is better is because you hate nedved after watching him play every night and nylander is 'new blood' that doesn't serve a reminder of the last 7 years

The last 5-7 years mean absolutley nothing to me....Besdies the fact that this is the type of thinking (They did it before and will do it again) the Rangers used in signing all the UFAs over the past 5 years, it's what has happened recently that is more important to me....

I'll grant you that the there is a concern about Nylander's injury history, but from what I saw out of both players the last two years (and I watched a good amount of Nylander) there is no comparison in their game and that Nylander is by far the better player right now......True, Rangeritis could be a mitigating factor for Nedved's play, but he was godawful last year...

Onion Boy 07-21-2004 10:52 AM

Jagr will have the final word on who will play on the top line with him. Sather and co. made it clear that Jagr and Holik will have a say in the direction of the team and the last thing Slats wants is two grumpy vets in the locker room. If Jags wants Nedved back, Sather will try to sign him. Same goes if Jagr wants Nylander. Personally, my money is on Josef Stumpel.

RFAN 07-21-2004 11:01 AM

Why would Nedved want to come back? How many times does a guy want to be a whipping boy for the fans? :dunno:

pld459666 07-21-2004 11:39 AM

that is
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
but he was godawful last year...


Until he got traded.

16 games w/Edm, and Nedved posted 5 goals and 10 assists for 15 points to make what was turning out to be his worst season ever into his 2nd worst year ever.

If Nedved is smart he stays in Edmonton and get's back to being one of the better 2nd tier 1st line centers in the NHL

dawes 07-21-2004 12:01 PM

Nedved's stats are not better at all when you factor in everything.

1. He stinks defensively
2. He doens't make his wingers better. Nylander does
3. He doesn't make the PP better. Nylander does
4. He got an absurd amount of ice time here. Way more then he deserved so he was bound to put up a few points
5. He is inconsistent. Nylander has been very consistent the past 2 years.
6. Nedved is a non factor vs. top defensive teams.

Doni't preach Nedved here because you won't get any support. I'd take Nylander any day of the week over that dog Nedved

RFAN 07-21-2004 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawes
Nedved's stats are not better at all when you factor in everything.

1. He stinks defensively
2. He doens't make his wingers better. Nylander does
3. He doesn't make the PP better. Nylander does
4. He got an absurd amount of ice time here. Way more then he deserved so he was bound to put up a few points
5. He is inconsistent. Nylander has been very consistent the past 2 years.
6. Nedved is a non factor vs. top defensive teams.

Doni't preach Nedved here because you won't get any support. I'd take Nylander any day of the week over that dog Nedved


I rest my case; Why would he every want to come back?!

Blueshirt13 07-21-2004 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RFAN
I rest my case; Why would he every want to come back?!

1. His wife tells him to.
2. His wife is umm, difficult, and he needs an escape (NYC nightlife?)
3. To slap Sather in the face by re-signing and showing that they need him.
4. His wife tells him to.
5. $$$$

broadwayblue 07-21-2004 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
...All Nedved does is shoot wide and high and get lost in the defensive zone..The only worse signing then Nedved would be Hlavac the Horrible

you forgot to mention having every other wrist shot blocked. ;)

BwayBshirt 07-21-2004 12:49 PM

i don't think anyone has to worry about nedved coming back to ny. the rangers already have said once or twice they are no longer looking for "one-dimensional type" players. i forget who said that (renney or maloney i believe) but i would think that they'd be looking to a stumpel or nylander type to fill the hole at center.

Radek27 07-21-2004 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
The last 5-7 years mean absolutley nothing to me....Besdies the fact that this is the type of thinking (They did it before and will do it again) the Rangers used in signing all the UFAs over the past 5 years, it's what has happened recently that is more important to me....

I'll grant you that the there is a concern about Nylander's injury history, but from what I saw out of both players the last two years (and I watched a good amount of Nylander) there is no comparison in their game and that Nylander is by far the better player right now......True, Rangeritis could be a mitigating factor for Nedved's play, but he was godawful last year...

Why can't people admit when they are wrong? You were shown stats where Nedved has better numbers playing for a team that he struggled on most of the time. He was GREAT for EDM in almost got them in the playoffs. I do not want Nedved here again and that is teh same reason I dont want Nylander here.........to me they are very very similar players. Oh and by the way Nedved isn't a first line center and neither is Nylander. We need a top center.

RFAN 07-21-2004 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueshirt13
1. His wife tells him to.
2. His wife is umm, difficult, and he needs an escape (NYC nightlife?)
3. To slap Sather in the face by re-signing and showing that they need him.
4. His wife tells him to.
5. $$$$


OK if that's the line of thinking you forget:

#1 He's a masochist! :bonk:

Fletch 07-21-2004 01:20 PM

Stats notwithstanding...
 
it's Larry's opinion, and Larry, being in the D.C. area, saw his share of Nylander and saw a guy who works harder, plays defense better, and whose offense isn't that much less than Nedved's, all-the-while having other better attributes. The Rangers don't necessarily need the guy who's scored more, they need they guy that's going to be more effective. Nylander's numbers are fine as a second line center. If he's better at faceoffs and on defense, than that's the type of player that helps teams win. Personally I have no opinion on this as I haven't seen Nylander enough.

Radek27 07-21-2004 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch
it's Larry's opinion, and Larry, being in the D.C. area, saw his share of Nylander and saw a guy who works harder, plays defense better, and whose offense isn't that much less than Nedved's, all-the-while having other better attributes. The Rangers don't necessarily need the guy who's scored more, they need they guy that's going to be more effective. Nylander's numbers are fine as a second line center. If he's better at faceoffs and on defense, than that's the type of player that helps teams win. Personally I have no opinion on this as I haven't seen Nylander enough.

Nobody gets to see Nylander enough cause he is always hurt. He is Dunham at center. I don't see the need for Nylander. We need a top center not a 2nd line center. Lundmark and others should be given the chance for 2nd line. Other than the fact that Nylander played with Jagr in Wsh I don't see why we need him........Nedved played with him in Pitt and that worked great for us. I think we should stay far away from Nylander and his injury problems.

little a from da bx 07-21-2004 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawes
God no. I heard his model wife likes New York. That's nice. Come visit. Now go away Nedved

I want Nylander. He's forgotten more about playmaking then Nedved will ever know. We need a guy to set Balej and our young players up. Not shoot a wrist shot 5 feet wide 90% of the time.

I'd also take a long look at Bondra. Balej reminds me a lot of Bondra who I think on a line of Bondra-Nylander-Balej would really flourish.

If I could get Bondra and Nylander to sign 2 year deals I do this.

balej to bondra i dont think so more like maybe patrick elias or radek dvorak thats about it, u saying him looking like bondra is like saying balej is a future 40-50 goal man just as bondra had some seasons of. u are all to high on him, he showed nothing that great when here ends of last season... like i said more like radek dvorak or patrick elias, and an elias comparison is about even maybe a lilttle high...

and how does he remind u of bondra... or do u mean u wish he would be as good as bondra, i see no similarites in the 2 , to be honest. except maybe there both czech..


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:34 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.