HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Arizona Coyotes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Rumor: Maloney Has Contacted Vokoun (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=927300)

Rabbit 06-17-2011 01:14 AM

Maloney Has Contacted Vokoun

http://spectorshockey.net/wordpress/?p=5852
Quote:

EDMONTON JOURNAL: Peter Adler reported Florida Panthers goalie Tomas Vokoun recently told a Czech newspaper he wouldn’t be displeased if he got a good offer to stay with the Panthers, but would also consider an offer from a team which he felt had a chance to challenge for the Stanley Cup. Interestingly, he cited the Colorado Avalanche as a possibility. He also acknowledged he’d heard from the Philadelphia Flyers and the Phoenix Coyotes. David Staples suggested the Oilers should consider making an offer if they’re serious about winning now, though it sounds as though they wouldn’t be his first choice.
Coming from an interview with the Edmonton Journal, where Vokoun actually comments on possible destinations.

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/201...-tomas-vokoun/
Quote:

According to Mlada fronta Dnes, Vokoun has heard from Philadelphia where the club is trying to decide whether to hire Ilya Bryzgalov whose rights it had obtained from the Phoenix Coyotes, or look elsewhere (such as Vokoun) instead, and from the Coyotes who would like to replace the spot left by Bryzgalov’s departure.

“I would not be displeased if I got a good offer from Floria and accepted it,” the paper quotes Vokoun as saying. “But if I happen to get an offer from a team that might have a chance to challenge for the Stanley Cup, now, that might be irresistible.”
Well, take it for what it's worth. I certainly believe we will be in the running.

AZcoyotes33 06-17-2011 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabbit3119 (Post 33702764)
http://spectorshockey.net/wordpress/?p=5852

Coming from an interview with the Edmonton Journal, where Vokoun actually comments on possible destinations.

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/201...-tomas-vokoun/

Well, take it for what it's worth. I certainly believe we will be in the running.

We will for sure be in talks with him but hopefully we do not get into a bidding war with another club which seems likely.

Rabbit 06-17-2011 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZcoyotes33 (Post 33702800)
We will for sure be in talks with him but hopefully we do not get into a bidding war with another club which seems likely.

I think Maloney knows better. He's a smart guy.

AZcoyotes33 06-17-2011 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabbit3119 (Post 33702833)
I think Maloney knows better. He's a smart guy.

Oh definitely....i think we will be interested up to a certain point, just not sure it will be high enough to bring him to PHX. Hopefully im wrong tho cuz i would love to see him a Yotes jersey

rt 06-17-2011 01:27 AM

This is ********. I don't buy it at all. That would be tampering. We aren't tampering. We're owned by the effing league for eff's sakes. We're the last team that would be tampering with another club's players. No way this is true.

rt 06-17-2011 01:29 AM

Haha. Looks like somebody on the main board has ALREADY squashed this as false. Gotta love the internet. Haha.

Rabbit 06-17-2011 01:46 AM

Before the pills....
Quote:

Originally Posted by rt (Post 33702898)
This is ********. I don't buy it at all. That would be tampering. We aren't tampering. We're owned by the effing league for eff's sakes. We're the last team that would be tampering with another club's players. No way this is true.

After..
Quote:

Originally Posted by rt (Post 33702916)
Haha. Looks like somebody on the main board has ALREADY squashed this as false. Gotta love the internet. Haha.

:laugh:

I kid. I'm just reporting what I see, Spector has always been fairly consistent with breaking rumors.

DesertDawg 06-17-2011 06:45 AM

Tis the season for rumor-mongering... Buy Outs, Qualifyings,and the Draft are still in the future... I do wonder which buy outs will try to resurrect their career in AZ if any...
I can't see the Coyotes offering Vokoun more money then he offered Bryzgalov, and unless he has no other option...

The Brewmeister 06-17-2011 09:16 AM

Doubt we get Vokoun, I'd like to go younger ala Bernier or Rask. Would be really funny if we dealt the best FA goalie and signed the other one though.

Guest 06-17-2011 10:00 AM

The first thing that came to my mind was the tampering charge, so it's likely not correct unless Maloney got permission from Tallon to speak to Vokoun's agent. It's possible, but usually a team would trade for the rights like Philly did with Bryz instead of just letting teams talk to your UFA's early without any compensation.

DesertDawg 06-17-2011 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guest (Post 33706716)
The first thing that came to my mind was the tampering charge, so it's likely not correct unless Maloney got permission from Tallon to speak to Vokoun's agent. It's possible, but usually a team would trade for the rights like Philly did with Bryz instead of just letting teams talk to your UFA's early without any compensation.

I look at as his agent put out feelers (generalization questions to see if there might be interest) to see if there is, and who, that has interest in a UFA #1 goalie and no direct contact...

A foreign news report, I suspect some sort of bad translation being involve...

FutureGM97 06-17-2011 12:00 PM

Tampering much?

yotesreign 06-17-2011 12:10 PM

Who was the reporter for the Czech paper, Peggy from the Capital One ads?

Kaibur 06-17-2011 12:16 PM

Quote:

+1

Maloney, when asked specifically about Turco on that radio interview last week, said he wouldn't comment on any players under contract until July 1st, because that would be tampering. So any 'rumor' claiming that he's talked to a player without explaining how he got the right to do so, is not only false, it's dishonest.

pfp 06-17-2011 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yotesreign (Post 33709459)
Who was the reporter for the Czech paper, Peggy from the Capital One ads?

The was advertising money well spent.

By DISCOVER. :laugh:

yotesreign 06-17-2011 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pfp (Post 33712586)
The was advertising money well spent.

By DISCOVER. :laugh:

yeah I don't think of them when I think of Peggy... lol

DISCOVER how you could save 15% or more on your wallet...

:)

AZcoyotes 06-24-2011 06:58 PM

Rather have Schneider :)

Steve Passless* 06-24-2011 08:04 PM

Quote:

This is ********. I don't buy it at all. That would be tampering. We aren't tampering. We're owned by the effing league for eff's sakes.

That's why you could get away with it! The league can't fine itself.