HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Prospect Info: Bournival & Gallagher invited to Canada World Junior development camp (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=927603)

HomaridII 06-17-2011 04:20 PM

Bournival & Gallagher invited to Canada World Junior development camp

CanadiensMTL Montreal Canadiens
Michaël Bournival invité au camp d'Equipe Canada Junior // Michaël Bournival invited to Canada World Junior development camp.

sandman08 06-17-2011 04:27 PM

so was brendan gallagher, poor guy.. not only is he short but the team that drafted him forget to mention him (but mentioned a guy they didnt actually draft themselves but picked up in a trade for a purse stealer?!)

RoyBoyCoy 06-17-2011 04:30 PM

No surprises here, he and RNH were the last two cuts reportedly last year. He should make it now, great Bottom 6 centre, never stops.... ever. Gallagher should be lock with his Giants coach as the Team Canada coach, the tournament will be a huge coming out party for him :)

Soooo let's go Scheifele!! :yo:

EDIT: And here it is:

Brendan Gallagher invité également au camp d'ECJ. / Habs prospect Brendan Gallagher from the Vancouver Giants was invited as well.

sandman08 06-17-2011 04:33 PM

apparently the habs read my post and then did that. jerks. hey if you're reading THIS post tho.. feel free to hook me up with tickets and beer next time im in montreal!?!

JGRB 06-17-2011 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy (Post 33714875)
No surprises here, he and RNH were the last two cuts reportedly last year. He should make it now, great Bottom 6 centre, never stops.... ever. Gallagher should be lock with his Giants coach as the Team Canada coach, the tournament will be a huge coming out party for him :)

Soooo let's go Scheifele!! :yo:

EDIT: And here it is:

Brendan Gallagher invité également au camp d'ECJ. / Habs prospect Brendan Gallagher from the Vancouver Giants was invited as well.

I think Gallagher has tremendous potential, he's a natural scorer that plays with a lot of heart. Yeah he's small but he pocesses the required skillset and mentality to be an impactful player at the NHL level someday.

RoyBoyCoy 06-17-2011 04:39 PM

Here's the full list btw
http://www.hockeycanada.ca/index.php...58/la_id/1.htm

Looks like Canada will have questionable goaltending again :(

Ceci and Murray the two 2012 representatives.

Protest the Hero 06-17-2011 04:48 PM

Maybe whomever we draft will join those two on the team, that would be something.

Yes I realize there are other countries, it'd be cool to have 3 guys to cheer for on the same team however.

Miller Time 06-17-2011 04:53 PM

it would be awesome to have both make the team...
both because it will be great for their development AND selfishly because i live in calgary and work with a company very much tied to the World Juniors event, so likely get to see a bunch of games!

windycity 06-17-2011 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less Habitats (Post 33715191)
Maybe whomever we draft will join those two on the team, that would be something.

Yes I realize there are other countries, it'd be cool to have 3 guys to cheer for on the same team however.

aren't you glad that your avatar bet didn't last the summer?

Protest the Hero 06-17-2011 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by windycity (Post 33715440)
aren't you glad that your avatar bet didn't last the summer?

Yes absolutely, and I'll probably never do it again lol.

windycity 06-17-2011 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less Habitats (Post 33715482)
Yes absolutely, and I'll probably never do it again lol.

unless you do it with a fellow Habs fan, apparently you're good luck for the other team :D

WeThreeKings 06-17-2011 05:14 PM

Hopefully we have Scheifele to watch with them.

dcal64 06-17-2011 06:54 PM

Woo hoo, they list Gallagher as 5' 8.5", he grew half an inch.

He's almost as tall as Cammy.

QuebecPride 06-17-2011 07:42 PM

Didn't know Danault was 6'2

I expect both Gallagher and Bournival to make the team.:D

pine 06-17-2011 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuebecPride (Post 33717813)
Didn't know Danault was 6'2

I expect both Gallagher and Bournival to make the team.:D

Really? That's weird. Everywhere I go, he's listed as 5'11-6'0.

In fact, NHL's Central Scouting Service has him listed as 6'0.