HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   No NHL team had as many Swiss as the Canadiens in their system ! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=927628)

torero 06-17-2011 05:19 PM

No NHL team had as many Swiss as the Canadiens in their system !
 
Did you know that never a NHL team had 3 swiss players in their organization ?

GoHabsGo ... forcment ;)

Le jennnnee vbre, le Jennnne Brgure et le vieux Daaaaaaz.

The Kremelin Wall* 06-17-2011 05:32 PM

You going to bandwagon us now?

torero 06-17-2011 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattKOTW (Post 33715958)
You going to bandwagon us now?

Do I have the choice ? ;)

besides some of you speak french ... like us ... that is another common point !
20% of the swiss population are Habitants ! (although none of them say jenne vbre !)

GoHabsGo

CareyClutch 06-17-2011 05:44 PM

It's canadiens

Welcome to the family.

FiveForDrawingBlood 06-17-2011 05:46 PM

Swiss hockey program is really coming along. Habs are smart to spend that kind of time scouting there

JohnLennon 06-17-2011 06:35 PM

I always enjoy when the Habs get more fans from around the world. You are very welcome as a new Habs fan, we are glad to have you:)

YMCMBeaulieu 06-17-2011 06:38 PM

Isn't Robert Mayer Swiss too? Or is he just not included because he's terrible? :laugh:

dcal64 06-17-2011 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FiveForDrawingBlood (Post 33716234)
Swiss hockey program is really coming along. Habs are smart to spend that kind of time scouting there

You do realize that Weber and Berger played in the OHL, so we are not really scouting more in Switzerland.

Diaz was probably scouted at the World Championship, when we went there to see Jagr play :naughty:

Jee 06-17-2011 06:49 PM

My coworker is from Switzerland too. I'm cool, I know.

BigHabs 06-17-2011 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pernell Karl (Post 33717048)
Isn't Robert Mayer Swiss too? Or is he just not included because he's terrible? :laugh:

No he is Czech.

Analyzer 06-17-2011 06:52 PM

I knew two girls from Switzerland. I think one liked me, but her English wasn't that good and the other was hot. They're both like Weber, German-Swiss.

larrypacman8167 06-17-2011 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs Hotel (Post 33717170)
No he is Czech.

got both nationalities and represents switzerland in international competitions

Crimson Skorpion 06-17-2011 07:05 PM

Welcome to the family, torero. :clap:

DekeLikeYouMeanIt 06-17-2011 08:35 PM

I thought Anaheim had quite a few. Umm.. wait nvm, bienvenue!

JLP 06-17-2011 09:24 PM

Our style is to control the neutral zone, so Swisse are good.

RoyBoyCoy 06-17-2011 09:31 PM

Sven Bartschi anyone?

Kimota 06-17-2011 09:34 PM

We like 'em small and soff. Like the Swiss.

:naughty:

FiveForDrawingBlood 06-18-2011 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcal64 (Post 33717134)
You do realize that Weber and Berger played in the OHL, so we are not really scouting more in Switzerland.

Diaz was probably scouted at the World Championship, when we went there to see Jagr play :naughty:

Streit/Diaz, Habs were following Weber when he was in Langenthal. The Swiss have an excellent hockey program, come along ways in last 10 years. Once an international doormat of hockey they are close to getting into one of top hockey nations. Germany has too, but not like the Swiss

jlgib21* 06-18-2011 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimota (Post 33719433)
We like 'em small and soff. Like the Swiss.

:naughty:

Ha Ha Ha :handclap:

Ghetto Sangria 06-18-2011 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy (Post 33719399)
Sven Bartschi anyone?

Who can forget Nino. They have some great up and coming talent

canadianeh 06-18-2011 07:30 AM

Very Impressed with how far the Swiss teams have come. They are very close to joining the group of countries that are legit threats in the international tournaments.

I love it. There are only really 6-7 real threats in hockey, and the more that reach that level the better it is for hockey.

Love the players coming out of there right now too. Versatile and skilled.

canadianeh 06-18-2011 07:31 AM

I had never heard of this Diaz kid until we signed him, but it really seems like he has a HUGE following from the swiss league.

RoyBoyCoy 06-18-2011 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez (Post 33722854)
Who can forget Nino. They have some great up and coming talent

Yeah, except Nino is in the NYI system ;)

didouche 06-18-2011 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLP (Post 33719286)
Our style is to control the neutral zone, so Swisse are good.

haha!:laugh:

I would be very happy if we drafted Gregory Hoffman in the 3rd round!

BOOK IT!

HCH 06-18-2011 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FiveForDrawingBlood (Post 33722794)
Streit/Diaz, Habs were following Weber when he was in Langenthal. The Swiss have an excellent hockey program, come along ways in last 10 years. Once an international doormat of hockey they are close to getting into one of top hockey nations. Germany has too, but not like the Swiss

I agree. Switzerland has been rising steadily in the hockey world and I think it is a good move to scout their prospects. When you look at them, they compete well in the world championships against quasi all star teams from the NHL. That tells me that they must have players that can play


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.