HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Value of Chris Kreider to the LA Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=927655)

LAKings4ever 06-17-2011 07:07 PM

Value of Chris Kreider to the LA Kings

We are having a discussion on our boards about roster speculation for the upcoming season...what do you know, everyone wants a prime time LW or C. I was curious about LW prospects from other teams and Chris Kreider was mentioned as a type of person/player that would fit well with what we are looking for - curious about what it would take to get him in a trade?

We have an excess of puck moving defensemen, is this a need for NYR?

BringBackLibertys 06-17-2011 07:23 PM

Bad fit, we need no D, and we have the same needs, C and LW.

Orlando

azrok22 06-17-2011 07:25 PM

Kreider+ for Schenn, or I personally have no interest in trading Kreider.

I assume you won't like that request, so there really isn't a good deal here.

TrollololBoyle 06-17-2011 07:26 PM

We'll let you sign Brad Richards if you give us Kopitar:naughty:

RangerBoy 06-17-2011 07:27 PM

The Rangers don't need anymore defensemen. Kreider is the best prospect. Not available.

New York RKY 06-17-2011 07:28 PM

Yea we need a forward coming back.

Our defense is set right now.

jas 06-17-2011 07:32 PM

Quote:

We are having a discussion on our boards about roster speculation for the upcoming season...what do you know, everyone wants a prime time LW or C. I was curious about C prospects from other teams and Brayden Schenn was mentioned as a type of person/player that would fit well with what we are looking for - curious about what it would take to get him in a trade?

We have an excess of defensemen, is this a need for LA?
See what I did there?

LAKings4ever 06-17-2011 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New York RKY (Post 33717577)
Yea we need a forward coming back.

Our defense is set right now.

Which of our fowards would have interest to you?

Zuccarello Awesome* 06-17-2011 07:33 PM

DISCLAIMER: No need to respond to this. I'm just in one of those moods. Dreaming. I'm well aware this is far from reality. :) Sick lineup though.

Gaborik + Kreider for Jack Johnson, Braydon Schenn, Wayne Simmonds

followed by

Girardi, Anisimov, Zuccarello, 15th overall for Lecavalier

Fedotenko Richards Lecavalier
Dubinsky Stepan Jagr
Simmonds Schenn Callahan
Avery Boyle Prust
Grachev
Hagelin
Thomas

Staal Johnson
McDonagh Sauer
Del Zotto Erixon

Lundqvist
Biron

DISCLAIMER: No need to respond to this. I'm just in one of those moods. Dreaming. I'm well aware this is far from reality. :) Sick lineup though.

LAKings4ever 06-17-2011 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal (Post 33717548)
We'll let you sign Brad Richards if you give us Kopitar:naughty:

Nice one ;), but we need Kopitar more than we need Richards.

Kershaw 06-17-2011 07:42 PM

Loktionov please.

New York RKY 06-17-2011 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LAKings4ever (Post 33717662)
Which of our fowards would have interest to you?

The only one's that would interest me are one's that you have no interest in moving: mainly Schenn or Brown.

I didn't mention Kopitar because that's not happening, but if you guys were willing to part with one of the above two then we can start talking :naughty:.

Other than that I think most other moves would be lateral, or a downgrade, from our perspective.

EDIT: Not talking one for one but as the main pieces of a deal for both sides.

Ih8theislanders 06-17-2011 07:46 PM

Would have to be Kreider + for Schenn. We have enough depth.

3Four3 06-17-2011 07:49 PM

To LA: Erik Christensen and an 8th round pick;

To NYR: Anze Kopitar, Dustin Brown, 1st and 2nd round pick.

I still think the Rangers are overpaying but I think most of us can deal with it.

broadwayblue 06-17-2011 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome (Post 33717669)

Gaborik + Kreider for Jack Johnson, Braydon Schenn, Wayne Simmonds

followed by

Girardi, Anisimov, Zuccarello, 15th overall for Lecavalier

Fedotenko Richards Lecavalier
Dubinsky Stepan Jagr
Simmonds Schenn Callahan
Avery Boyle Prust
Grachev
Hagelin
Thomas

Staal Johnson
McDonagh Sauer
Del Zotto Erixon

Lundqvist
Biron

Why on earth would we trade for VL and his decade long contract? People are complaining about signing Richards to a 5 year deal...and you want a guy signed for twice as long????

broadwayblue 06-17-2011 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jas (Post 33717655)
See what I did there?

In fairness, we could use a PMD. MDZ is a crap shoot at the moment, and Erixon isn't a natural. But yeah, if we dealt Kreider for a PMD we'd then have to move one of our other D men not named Staal for a top 6 winger.

beastly115 06-17-2011 08:48 PM

Kreider + 1st (15th) for Schenn

DrSutton* 06-17-2011 09:26 PM

Agree with most on here. Kreider+ for Schenn.
myself, I'd be willing to make that a very interesting plus

we want cup 06-17-2011 09:45 PM

I'm gonna break from the prevailing wisdom and say that I'd trade Kreider for Forbort/Voynov and a 1st.

GAGLine 06-17-2011 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by we want cup (Post 33719580)
I'm gonna break from the prevailing wisdom and say that I'd trade Kreider for Forbort/Voynov and a 1st.

Why? The last thing we need is another dman. I'd rather bet on MDZ regaining his form than trade Kreider for a PMD.

The only player I would consider trading Kreider for (other than Kopitar) is Schenn.

LAKings4ever 06-17-2011 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by we want cup (Post 33719580)

Voynov and a 1st is something to seriously consider, the offers for Schenn for Kreider + is something we couldn't consider but certainly understand the position being taken since we are approaching NYR and everyone wants to receive the best player in the deal. Voynov is NHL ready (and then some) and my personal favorite of our D prospects but you have to give to get so he would be on the board in this discussion.

SupersonicMonkey* 06-17-2011 10:37 PM

Schenn.

Both ours(Rangers) and yours(Kings) top forward prospects are not getting dealt.

nyr2k2 06-17-2011 11:15 PM

The teams aren't a good match. We need top six talent, and won't be dealing our top forward prospect for a defenseman.

Inferno 06-18-2011 01:39 AM

i wouldnt deal Kreider straight up for Schenn. I think Schenn is seriously overrated. Schenn is better right now, no doubt, but Kreiders upside is WAAAAYYYYY higher than Schenns.

jas 06-18-2011 06:21 AM

I'd love to get Schenn, but I'm really not interested in moving Kreider unless a young stud already performing at the NHL level is coming back.