HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Where does Alexander Perezhogin play now? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=928404)

87Crosby87 06-19-2011 10:31 PM

Where does Alexander Perezhogin play now?

I'm a Pens fan but i also love the habs and i always thought Perezhogin was going to be great, Where did he end up to and do the habs still have his rights?

Thanks!

Marchy79 06-19-2011 10:38 PM

Yeah me too lol :)

He plays for Salavat Yuraev in the KHL...
Had a really big season a couple of years ago.

But came back with a 20 goal season (in 53 games) and 10 pts in 11 gp in the playoffs.

I believe he becomes UFA around the draft? :help: (Could be wrong there) but I know it's this month we lose his rights.

HabsInsideOut 06-19-2011 10:40 PM

Apparently he plays for Omsk now according to hockeydb

87Crosby87 06-19-2011 10:41 PM

Is there any chance of returning to the habs? Or even the NHL in general?

Marchy79 06-19-2011 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HabsInsideOut (Post 33748899)
Apparently he plays for Omsk now according to hockeydb

yes you're right he does play for Omsk now
:cheers:

Marchy79 06-19-2011 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quin (Post 33748924)
Is there any chance of returning to the habs? Or even the NHL in general?

Tough to say... I think habs management and Perezoghin didnt get along very well. I have always assumed he would cross the ocean again... But it could always be a possibility.

He's always been habs property, maybe if he was actually courted to return he would...

Montreal kind of lost and forgot... Essentially wrote him off

hototogisu 06-19-2011 11:33 PM

Last I heard from Perezhogin was an interview maybe a year or so ago saying he wouldn't rule out a return to the NHL and had no hard feelings with the Canadiens, but was happy where he was at the moment. I don't think the Habs have him in their plans whatsoever, though.

Watsatheo 06-20-2011 12:37 AM

Alexander Perezwhoagain?

Thank you, thank you. I'll be up all night last minute cramming for finals.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt 06-20-2011 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Watsatheo (Post 33750359)
Alexander Perezwhoagain?

I need to finish this project and I'm procrastinating like no tomorrow :rant:

RoyBoyCoy 06-20-2011 05:36 AM

Quote:

Alexander Perezwhoagain?

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Post of the Forever!

canadiensnation 06-20-2011 07:59 AM

Perezhogin becomes a UFA come July 1st. Which sucks he has decent talent I wish he would come to North America.

Gabe84 06-20-2011 08:01 AM

Quote:

Alexander Perezwhoagain?

Mods :shakehead

Frankc 06-20-2011 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost # 1 (Post 33748878)
I believe he becomes UFA around the draft? :help: (Could be wrong there) but I know it's this month we lose his rights.

You're almost right! Habs loses his rights on Perezhogin on July 30th 2011, like any UFA not sign by that date.

Jakomyte 06-20-2011 09:28 AM

Perezhogin-Eller-Kostitsyn :yo:

:sarcasm:

montreal 06-20-2011 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankc (Post 33752997)
You're almost right! Habs loses his rights on Perezhogin on July 30th 2011, like any UFA not sign by that date.

I believe it's June 30th, not July.

Ozymandias 06-20-2011 10:20 AM

On the Black Pearl?

Megaforce 06-20-2011 05:15 PM

If you ever want a chuckle, search Omsk Russia on google maps. It's somewhere near Outer Mongolia.

MasterD 06-21-2011 12:04 AM

I thought he flew back in the middle of an NHL contract, so we had suspended him indefinitely and his contract would be valid with us whenever heD come back (if ever).... maybe my memory is failing

LyleOdelein 06-21-2011 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterD (Post 33781133)
I thought he flew back in the middle of an NHL contract, so we had suspended him indefinitely and his contract would be valid with us whenever heD come back (if ever).... maybe my memory is failing

Perezhogin signed a contract in the offseason of the 2006-07 season (the last time the Habs missed the playoffs).

I don't think he'll come back to the NHL, so the Habs losing his rights doesn't concern me at all. I think that the KHL is a good fit for him, from everything I've heard.

Boardish 06-21-2011 01:02 AM

I always liked Perezhogin. He was my favorite player when he was in the NHL. Sucks that it didn't work out.

He had a hard time ajusting (not really on the ice, but more on a personnal level) and was pretty the shy type.

At least he is doing well in Russia.

RC51 06-21-2011 06:55 AM

Well this is an interesting question.
I hope everyone remembers the past.
Alex was given a 1 year suspension way back for a stick swing. The Governing body wanted to send a message and used that incident. Alex got slashed and turned his back and slashed back. He got the biggest suspension ever handed out. THE kid went back home to play in Russia and NEVER CAME BACK. Talk about ruin a good prospect. Nobody else has got a 1 year suspension for a slash, yet slashes still happen all the time. So " lets just skrew the habs" why don't we.

Shabutie 06-21-2011 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC51 (Post 33784975)
Alex was given a 1 year suspension way back for a stick swing. The Governing body wanted to send a message and used that incident. Alex got slashed and turned his back and slashed back. He got the biggest suspension ever handed out. THE kid went back home to play in Russia and NEVER CAME BACK. Talk about ruin a good prospect. Nobody else has got a 1 year suspension for a slash, yet slashes still happen all the time. So " lets just skrew the habs" why don't we.

That happened in the AHL, before the KHL even existed. He played a few seasons in the NHL after that suspension.

LyleOdelein 06-21-2011 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shabutie (Post 33785201)
That happened in the AHL, before the KHL even existed. He played a few seasons in the NHL after that suspension.

Yep. Perez played in Omsk during his suspension year (04-05) but returned to Hamilton the year after, got called up to the Habs shortly after that and played there until the end of the 06-07 season.

Pierre Dagenais 06-21-2011 07:43 AM

Quote:

strong overreacting to false facts

Psycho Papa Joe 06-21-2011 08:09 AM

Quote:

That's the worse baseball swing to a head of player I've ever seen. Much more than just a 'slash', lol.