HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Germany (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   2.Bundesliga: Roster spots in 2.Bundasliga?? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=929311)

topcheese19 06-21-2011 12:27 PM

Roster spots in 2.Bundasliga??

I have played 2 seasons in the CHL, finished fourth in scoring my rookie year in the league and led my team in +/- .
My 2nd year 2010-2011 I made the CHL all-star team, had 60pts in 64games. 26g 34a. led the league in shorthanded goals and points. voted 2nd best PK in the league and got player of the month in december.

Ideally I would like to play in the 2.Bundasliga next year, just throwing it out there to see if anyone had a connection or could possibly help me get into that league.
I am thinking about holland but i have heard that playing there will put a blemish on my resume?? Any information and opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

I would be an import as i am from the states.

hage 06-26-2011 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topcheese19 (Post 33793027)
I have played 2 seasons in the CHL, finished fourth in scoring my rookie year in the league and led my team in +/- .
My 2nd year 2010-2011 I made the CHL all-star team, had 60pts in 64games. 26g 34a. led the league in shorthanded goals and points. voted 2nd best PK in the league and got player of the month in december.

Ideally I would like to play in the 2.Bundasliga next year, just throwing it out there to see if anyone had a connection or could possibly help me get into that league.
I am thinking about holland but i have heard that playing there will put a blemish on my resume?? Any information and opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

I would be an import as i am from the states.

Assuming I identified you correctly from your stats you've posted, you've allready signed in Holland now. Would probably have been too late to start looking for a Bundesliga team now anyways since most of the teams there are pretty far advanced with their rosters for next year, especially regarding import players.

But still, besides having to have an agent (which you probably allready do), another good way to get in contact with German teams is to get former teammates that played there help you get in touch with coaches.

If you've played for Arizona in 09/10, then you know Konrad Reeder and Chris Bartolone and could talk to them. Konrad Reeder has been released from his contract arround Christmas though due to not fulfilling expectations, so you can roughly estimate the level of play there.

malkinfan 05-16-2012 02:25 AM

Dont want to start a new thread but I am inquiring about roster spots for German 3/4th league. I played with this guy : http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=119135 He has an agent who helped him get his spot. Perhaps you don't know where to find an agent for one of these teams how could you get on a roster? I currently skate with guys who have played in Ger. 2 Ger 3 so I know the skill level required. How would a team say in the 4th or 5th level acquire their imports?

zecke26 05-16-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malkinfan (Post 49762535)
Dont want to start a new thread but I am inquiring about roster spots for German 3/4th league. I played with this guy : http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=119135 He has an agent who helped him get his spot. Perhaps you don't know where to find an agent for one of these teams how could you get on a roster? I currently skate with guys who have played in Ger. 2 Ger 3 so I know the skill level required. How would a team say in the 4th or 5th level acquire their imports?

sent you a PM. ;)

carwin 01-23-2013 02:42 PM

Do many players from the 2 bundesliga advance to the DEL each year. If so who might have a chance this year

hage 01-23-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carwin (Post 58164977)
Do many players from the 2 bundesliga advance to the DEL each year. If so who might have a chance this year

On average it's probably like 1 guy per team each year, sometimes maybe two.

Most of those are young German prospects. Since many DEL teams like Hamburg, Hanover, Munich and Wolfsburg do little to nothing for developing young players on their own, they need to rely on hockey hotbeds in the south (most of whose senior teams play in the Bundesliga or the 3rd tier Oberliga) to fill their rosters with cheap, young talent.

Import players have to be really good to gain a DEL teams interest and many only get a chance to play DEL once they gain a German passport.

Recent import players now playing in the DEL that I can think of right now are
- T.J Mulock, Darin Olver, Garret Festerling (got a German passport and played for the national team)
- Rob Brown, Peter Flache, Kyle Helms, Tyson Mulock, Kevin Schmidt (got a German passport)
- Stephen Werner, Dusan Frosch, Adam Mitchell, Eric Schneider, Calvin Elfring, Dustin Whitecotton(no German passport)

Of the imports from the past season I think only Lubomir Dibelka and Cory Quirk (via Finland) went do the DEL.

I can imagine Brendan Cook, Robin Just and David Elsner playing in the DEL next season

AlexOvechkin 01-24-2013 01:16 PM

I hope Robin Just stays in Bietigheim :)

carwin 01-24-2013 06:01 PM

Thanks for the info

hage 01-24-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexOvechkin (Post 58230885)
I hope Robin Just stays in Bietigheim :)

Maybe he'll be able to play DEL and stay in Bietigheim ;)

carwin 01-24-2013 08:05 PM

what about matt caruana who plays for the starbulls he has AHL experience and having a good year in rosenhiem

hage 01-25-2013 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carwin (Post 58255627)
what about matt caruana who plays for the starbulls he has AHL experience and having a good year in rosenhiem

I'm from Rosenheim myself so I've seen him play plenty of times. Everyone here is very satisfied with him but I dont think he will get an offer from any DEL team this summer.

He's just not outstanding enough to make DEL teams want him. His linemate Greg Squires is the one shining on that line, making a lot of incredible plays and smart passes. Matt then often just has to shove the puck over the line :)

I think the Starbulls would gladly extend his contract for another year and as far as I know he's open to it, but it depends on what other offers he gets this summer

jameswrjobe53 01-25-2013 02:48 PM

Can United States import players get tryouts in lower level German leagues? and how could one do so?