HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Speculation: bad news for Hurricanes maybe good news for habs? (per Mathias Brunet) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=929479)

jo_ab 06-21-2011 02:44 PM

bad news for Hurricanes maybe good news for habs? (per Mathias Brunet)
 
http://blogues.cyberpresse.ca/lnh/20...es-hurricanes/

I just read this article. What do you guys think of those four guys (Jussi Jokinen, Erik Cole, Pitkanen and Chad Larose)?

I could see a Jokinen or Larose playing on our third line if they are avaible july first.


I specialy think that larose could be good for us. Good depth player.

So what do you guy think?

RoyBoyCoy 06-21-2011 02:45 PM

Jokinen-Eller-Kostitsyn?

:naughty:

canadiensnation 06-21-2011 02:47 PM

Wouldn't mind a Chad Larose but I'd perfer someone over 6 feet for the third line to fill out. Or if they get a guy like 6'3" as 4th line then im okay with Larose.

TheBuriedHab 06-21-2011 02:47 PM

Jokinen, I'd welcome with open arms. Scores timely goals, and hes dynamite in the shootout.

JHabs 06-21-2011 02:48 PM

If I were habs I'd forget about Wiz and do everything I could to get Pitkanen. That guy is a stud.

The Right Price 06-21-2011 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jo_ab (Post 33802045)
http://blogues.cyberpresse.ca/lnh/20...es-hurricanes/

I just read this article. What do you guys think of those four guys (Jussi Jokinen, Erik Cole, Pitkanen and Chad Larose)?

I could see a Jokinen or Larose playing on our third line if they are avaible july first.


I specialy think that larose could be good for us. Good depth player.

So what do you guy think?

Pitkänen should get a decent offer from a team that lacks on the D department. We have Markov, Gorges and Weber to resign with Wisniewski as the back-up plan so I'm not seeing PG being interested.

And Jussi Jokinen doesn't just fit in the JM system. I've always found him a little soft that put up decent points but that's it. I'm more pleased with Kostitsyn.

canadiensnation 06-21-2011 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy (Post 33802099)
Jokinen-Eller-Kostitsyn?

:naughty:

Actually never though of that...that would be real good.

RoyBoyCoy 06-21-2011 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yarfangor (Post 33802223)
If I were habs I'd forget about Wiz and do everything I could to get Pitkanen. That guy is a stud.

Pitkanen is going to have obscene money thrown at him this off-season, and I would hope PG wouldn't be stupid enough to keep up.

Em Ancien 06-21-2011 02:51 PM

Cole for 2.5M$ on a 1-year deal would be awesome.

He can slot on any line and contribute on offense and defense. Plus, we wouldn't have to play against him. :D

RoyBoyCoy 06-21-2011 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadiensnation (Post 33802297)
Actually never though of that...that would be real good.

It would be dynamite. Picture perfect secondary scoring.

Eller the set up man, Jokinen the dangler and goalscorer, Kostitsyn sniping and using his big body.

Boardish 06-21-2011 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Em Ancien (Post 33802387)
Cole for 2.5M$ on a 1-year deal would be awesome.

He can slot on any line and contribute on offense and defense. Plus, we wouldn't have to play against him. :D

Cole comes out from a 52 pts season, he will never sign at 2.5M$ on the UFA market in my opinion

I would like to have him tough.

canadiensnation 06-21-2011 02:56 PM

Worth a try...
 
CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Tomas Kopecky ($2.200m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Mike Cammalleri ($6.000m)
Brian Gionta ($5.000m) / Scott Gomez ($7.357m) / Max Pacioretty ($1.625m)
Jussi Jokinen ($2.000m) / Lars Eller ($1.270m) / Andrei Kostitsyn ($3.250m)
Raffi Torres ($1.200m) / David Desharnais ($0.850m) / Ryan White ($0.875m)
Mathieu Darche ($0.700m) / Jeff Halpern ($0.750m) / Travis Moen ($1.500m)

DEFENSEMEN
Hal Gill ($2.250m) / P.K. Subban ($0.875m)
Alexei Yemelin ($0.984m) / Andrei Markov ($5.750m)
Josh Gorges ($3.000m) / Jaroslav Spacek ($3.833m)
/ Yannick Weber ($0.950m)

GOALTENDERS
Carey Price ($2.750m) / Mathieu Garon ($1.200m)

BUYOUTS: Georges Laraque ($0.500m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,670,509; BONUSES: $400,000
CAP SPACE (24-man roster): $2,329,491

Monctonscout 06-21-2011 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jo_ab (Post 33802045)
http://blogues.cyberpresse.ca/lnh/20...es-hurricanes/

I just read this article. What do you guys think of those four guys (Jussi Jokinen, Erik Cole, Pitkanen and Chad Larose)?

I could see a Jokinen or Larose playing on our third line if they are avaible july first.


I specialy think that larose could be good for us. Good depth player.

So what do you guy think?

You're dreaming in colour if you think Jokinen will sign anywhere to play 3rd line. The UFA class is very weak at center this year and he is the #2 guy after Richards...52 points in 70 games...I'm sure he can get 4 mil per year in his sleep, probably closer to 4.75...maybe as high as 5 mil/year.

Cole is probably the best fit as a top 6 winger with size who can chip in 25 goals ad is strong in the corners...I'd be shocked if PG had no interest in him.

Larose would be a nice fit on the 3rd line, but at 5'8" he brings more of what we already have...his game is very similar to Desharnais. I'd rather add a bigger winger with an edge(or two, one for the top 6, one for the bottom 6).

:laugh:
Quote:

Originally Posted by canadiensnation (Post 33802639)
CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Tomas Kopecky ($2.200m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Mike Cammalleri ($6.000m)
Brian Gionta ($5.000m) / Scott Gomez ($7.357m) / Max Pacioretty ($1.625m)
Jussi Jokinen ($2.000m) / Lars Eller ($1.270m) / Andrei Kostitsyn ($3.250m)
Raffi Torres ($1.200m) / David Desharnais ($0.850m) / Ryan White ($0.875m)
Mathieu Darche ($0.700m) / Jeff Halpern ($0.750m) / Travis Moen ($1.500m)

DEFENSEMEN
Hal Gill ($2.250m) / P.K. Subban ($0.875m)
Alexei Yemelin ($0.984m) / Andrei Markov ($5.750m)
Josh Gorges ($3.000m) / Jaroslav Spacek ($3.833m)
/ Yannick Weber ($0.950m)

GOALTENDERS
Carey Price ($2.750m) / Mathieu Garon ($1.200m)

BUYOUTS: Georges Laraque ($0.500m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,670,509; BONUSES: $400,000
CAP SPACE (24-man roster): $2,329,491

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Seriously?

2 mil per year for a guy with 52 points in 70 games.

Come on man!

Quarantesix 06-21-2011 02:59 PM

there a reason why Jagr is not sign yet

There alot of poor teams who can't sign their free agent and the cap would go up so you can be sure team like Montreal,Toronto,NY and others will all be very active come July 1st.

Em Ancien 06-21-2011 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boardish (Post 33802609)
Cole comes out from a 52 pts season, he will never sign at 2.5M$ on the UFA market in my opinion

I would like to have him tough.

His recent history isn't as great.

Maybe 2 year, 8M$ deal. But I don't think the Habs can afford that unless they unload a/some contract(s).

Boardish 06-21-2011 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadiensnation (Post 33802639)
CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Tomas Kopecky ($2.200m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Mike Cammalleri ($6.000m)
Brian Gionta ($5.000m) / Scott Gomez ($7.357m) / Max Pacioretty ($1.625m)
Jussi Jokinen ($2.000m) / Lars Eller ($1.270m) / Andrei Kostitsyn ($3.250m)
Raffi Torres ($1.200m) / David Desharnais ($0.850m) / Ryan White ($0.875m)
Mathieu Darche ($0.700m) / Jeff Halpern ($0.750m) / Travis Moen ($1.500m)

DEFENSEMEN
Hal Gill ($2.250m) / P.K. Subban ($0.875m)
Alexei Yemelin ($0.984m) / Andrei Markov ($5.750m)
Josh Gorges ($3.000m) / Jaroslav Spacek ($3.833m)
/ Yannick Weber ($0.950m)

GOALTENDERS
Carey Price ($2.750m) / Mathieu Garon ($1.200m)

BUYOUTS: Georges Laraque ($0.500m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,670,509; BONUSES: $400,000
CAP SPACE (24-man roster): $2,329,491

Jokinen at 2M$ is far from being realistic. He will sign more around 4M$+/year

Canadian_Brewtality 06-21-2011 03:03 PM

Larose please

pine* 06-21-2011 03:05 PM

I'd give Pitkanen $5.25 million per year on a 5 year contract.

He's good.

JGRB 06-21-2011 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yarfangor (Post 33802223)
If I were habs I'd forget about Wiz and do everything I could to get Pitkanen. That guy is a stud.

Agree completely, on ice, Pitkaken is a solid #1 guy on a mediocre/bad team and an elite #2 on a contending team.

That being said, on average he misses about 11-12 games per season with injuries. It's not a HUGE deal, but it's still an underlying issue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WTFpineapple (Post 33803141)
I'd give Pitkanen $5.25 million per year on a 5 year contract.

He's good.

5.25M is what I'd be willing to give him as well.

Markov-Subban
Pitkanen-Gorges
Gill-Weber.

Not bad, at all..

Monctonscout 06-21-2011 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Em Ancien (Post 33802387)
Cole for 2.5M$ on a 1-year deal would be awesome.

He can slot on any line and contribute on offense and defense. Plus, we wouldn't have to play against him. :D

As a UFA Cole will cost at least 4 mil per year over 2-3 years.

cap10bfl 06-21-2011 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JGRB (Post 33803287)
Agree completely, on ice, Pitkaken is a solid #1 guy on a mediocre/bad team and an elite #2 on a contending team.

That being said, on average he misses about 11-12 games per season with injuries. It's not a HUGE deal, but it's still an underlying issue.



5.25M is what I'd be willing to give him as well.

Markov-Subban
Pitkanen-Gorges
Gill-Weber.

Not bad, at all..

i totally agree, except that if he signs here, he would not be an elite number 2 defenseman, he would possibly be the best number 3 defenseman in the league...

1- markov
2- subban
3- pitkanen
4- gorges
5- gill
6- spacek (hopefully traded away)
7- yemelin
8- weber
9- diaz (hamilton)

Monctonscout 06-21-2011 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quarantesix (Post 33802829)
there a reason why Jagr is not sign yet

There alot of poor teams who can't sign their free agent and the cap would go up so you can be sure team like Montreal,Toronto,NY and others will all be very active come July 1st.

The biggest reason is he is 39.

habsrule22 06-21-2011 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JGRB (Post 33803287)
Agree completely, on ice, Pitkaken is a solid #1 guy on a mediocre/bad team and an elite #2 on a contending team.

That being said, on average he misses about 11-12 games per season with injuries. It's not a HUGE deal, but it's still an underlying issue.



5.25M is what I'd be willing to give him as well.

Markov-Subban
Pitkanen-Gorges
Gill-Weber.

Not bad, at all..

Markov-Subban
Pitkanen-Yemelin
Gill-Gorges
Weber.
looks pretty good too

The Gal Pals 06-21-2011 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality (Post 33803029)
Larose please

This. I love the kid.

Monctonscout 06-21-2011 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Em Ancien (Post 33802931)
His recent history isn't as great.

Maybe 2 year, 8M$ deal. But I don't think the Habs can afford that unless they unload a/some contract(s).

If Markov White Weber and Gorges sign for a combined 9-9.5 mil it leaves about 9 mil to add 2 players as UFA. Right now we have 20 mil left with 15 players signed...with those 4 that's 19 players and about 54 mil.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:50 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.