HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Rumor: Habs to Offer Hamrlik a Contract? (Yyyyikes!) (UPD: Offered 1-yr contract post #683) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=930017)

RoyBoyCoy 06-22-2011 05:43 AM

Habs to Offer Hamrlik a Contract? (Yyyyikes!) (UPD: Offered 1-yr contract post #683)

habsinsideout1 Dave Stubbs
#Habs will make Hamrlik an offer, La Presse reports. via @CKACSports http://*******.com/3dc9ldq

http://www.ckac.com/hockey/nouvelles...ore-82803.html

To play where?! 10 deep?! If we sign Hamrlik, I hope it's not a sign that we're going to deal Weber.

Canadian_Brewtality 06-22-2011 05:47 AM

gotta love speculation.

lets just wait & see

strutsboa 06-22-2011 05:53 AM

Can't be true.

Without Markov: Subban, Gorges, Hamrlik, Spacek, Gill, Emelin and Weber, is way to slow (Hamrlik, Spacek, Gill) and to unexperiensed (Emelin and Weber). Everything would rely on Subban keeping his tremendous game and Gorges being back to normal.

If Gauthier felt that he for some reason wouldn't/couldn't sign Markov, Hamrlik is far from the best solution.

With Markov there is simply no place for Hamrlik, unless Spacek is traded and Hamrlik is signed around $2.5M or Hamrlik would accept a ridiculously low offer around $1.5M just for depth reasons.

Maybe Gauthier would like to go with 8 D: Markov, Subban, Gorges, Hamrlik, Gill, Spacek, Emelin and Weber, due to the fact that Markov and Gorges are both coming back from serious injuries and Emelin and Weber are both unproven? If everything works out great, then trade one defensman or stick with good depth for the playoffs.

Edit: As you can see, my thoughts changed back and forth during my post. :)

Mats NAslund 06-22-2011 06:10 AM

I'm good with Hamrlik coming back. In a limited role with the core defence back Hamrlik can play in the 5 -6 spot. Now that being said they would have to move Spacek and pay Hamrlik like 2.5 maybe 3 mil for 1 or 2 years.

Gorges Markov
Subban Gill
Yemelin Hamrlik
Diaz

Trade Spacek and Weber together in the same deal.

Estimated_Prophet 06-22-2011 06:13 AM

Hamrlik would be the perfect partner for Emelin as he is a good teacher and a calming influence on a rookie D.

Wouldn't be surprised at all to see Weber traded at the draft and Spacek used as a 7th D who is inserted to give Markov and Gorges a break early in the season as they recover from their respective surgeries.

With Spacek, Diaz and possibly Nash available as fill ins we won't have to burn another 2nd round pick when the injury bug bites.

Hope we sign him for 1 year @2.75

This years FA crop is awful. We should leave cap room for a big late season acquisition as I believe this team is very close to being a serious contender.

Ghetto Sangria 06-22-2011 06:24 AM

What happened to getting younger and more mobile!!???

RoyBoyCoy 06-22-2011 06:28 AM

IF we trade Weber, which we should definite not do. (We're going to regret it).. He shouldn't be packaged with Pouliot or Spacek or any other asset that would be detrimental to his value. He's a good, young, offensive defenseman who was just starting to come into his own. If we trade him with Spacek, we're not going to get back nearly enough.

If he's traded, it should be with out first to move up to the 8-10 range.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez (Post 33827881)
What happened to getting younger and more mobile!!???

:(

katatoniak 06-22-2011 06:34 AM

Wow ... I tought the plan going into the summer was to get younger and more mobile on the D

With Spacek, Gill and Hamrlik back .... it doesnt work

Estimated_Prophet 06-22-2011 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katatoniak (Post 33827991)
Wow ... I tought the plan going into the summer was to get younger and more mobile on the D

With Spacek, Gill and Hamrlik back .... it doesnt work

If we sign Hamrlik it would push Spacek out of the starting lineup.

Markov - Gorges
Gill - Subban
Hamrlik - Yemelin
Spacek

Markov > Wisniewski
Gorges > Spacek
Yemelin > Sopel

I would say that this is clearly a younger, more mobile D

YMCMBeaulieu 06-22-2011 06:55 AM

I don't mind Hamr back as long as we can ship Spacek's ass away.

Markov Gorges
Gill Subban
Hamr Yemelin
Weber

Stjonnypopo 06-22-2011 06:59 AM

Maybe this is an old rumor?

I wanted one of Hammer or Gill back, not both.

MathMan 06-22-2011 06:59 AM

I don't think Hammer can stay unless there's a plan to get one of the other D-men (Spacek, likely) out. Already having both Gill and Spatch stretched the roster.

He'd be good to keep and I'd have resigned him before Gill, but at some point there'll be too many defensemen.

Maxpac 06-22-2011 07:02 AM

No!!!!!!! No no no no no. Please god no!

Monctonscout 06-22-2011 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy (Post 33827645)
habsinsideout1 Dave Stubbs
#Habs will make Hamrlik an offer, La Presse reports. via @CKACSports http://*******.com/3dc9ldq

http://www.ckac.com/hockey/nouvelles...ore-82803.html

To play where?! 10 deep?! If we sign Hamrlik, I hope it's not a sign that we're going to deal Weber.

Hamrlik would be a nice fit as a #5 guy...my only concern is that Spacek is already taking that spot...if we could move Spacek, re-signing Hamrlik would be an easy choice.

HamrlikTheStud* 06-22-2011 07:12 AM

I knew that's what would happen... And people called me alarmist. HAH!

If we sign Hamrlik, it better not be for a penny over 3M bucks, and it better be for 1 year. I guess we can put a cross on Wisniewski. Too bad. I guess it's all on Markov to stay healthy now. It'll be really frustrating if he injures again.

We have to make some noise on the trade/UFA market this summer. We're really lacking up front to be a competitive team. We need at least one top-6 winger so Kostitsyn can be downgraded to the 3rd line, and a reliable d-man... And by reliable, I mean NOT 37 years old. Brewer would have been such a nice fit...

Maxpac 06-22-2011 07:14 AM

Wiz at 5mil >>>>>> Hamrlik at 3mil.

OpenIceHit 06-22-2011 07:20 AM

Why keep a young and grittier Wiznewski at 4.5-5M when you can have an old and slow Hamrlik at 4M?

If true, there most be something behind all this.

I just hope we don't have the exact same team as last year. What's next? Pyatt and Halpern?

Protest the Hero 06-22-2011 07:21 AM

I certainly hope not. Nothing against the way he played when he was with us, but by the end of the year and the playoffs it looked like he was out of gas.

LeHab 06-22-2011 07:22 AM

2 years for a total of 5 millions, you heard it here first.

Freaky Habs Fan 06-22-2011 07:23 AM

Well we'd have to move someone for that to happen. If we do trade Spacek, then getting Hamrlik back for a year wouldn't be all that bad. I wouldn't sign him before July 1st though because there will be a few good D available during free agency.

Maxpac 06-22-2011 07:28 AM

It makes 0 sence at all to bring Hammer back, he does not bring anything that we don't have other then pushing Emelin to #7 role which is a step backwards imo.

Monctonscout 06-22-2011 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OpenIceHit (Post 33828441)
Why keep a young and grittier Wiznewski at 4.5-5M when you can have an old and slow Hamrlik at 4M?

If true, there most be something behind all this.

I just hope we don't have the exact same team as last year. What's next? Pyatt and Halpern?

Wisniewski will get around 5.5-6 mil per year as a UFA...and for 4-5 years. Hamrlik will probably get 2.5-3 mil for one year...no comparison at all.

Pyatt I wouldn't mind seeing him moved and get a 4th liner that can play and drop the gloves(Hordichuk?). Halpern is a nice fit for us...wins faceoffs, productive on offense and helps on PK.

Estimated_Prophet 06-22-2011 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less Habitats (Post 33828449)
I certainly hope not. Nothing against the way he played when he was with us, but by the end of the year and the playoffs it looked like he was out of gas.

He was simply overused......he is a very good 3rd pairing D

HamrlikTheStud* 06-22-2011 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carey Price (Post 33828561)
Wisniewski will get around 5.5-6 mil per year as a UFA...and for 4-5 years. Hamrlik will probably get 2.5-3 mil for one year...no comparison at all.

Pyatt I wouldn't mind seeing him moved and get a 4th liner that can play and drop the gloves(Hordichuk?). Halpern is a nice fit for us...wins faceoffs, productive on offense and helps on PK.

Wisniewski won't get a penny over 5M. Too deep of a UFA market as far as d-men are concerned.

The way Pierre Gauthier doesn't look like he's a very clever spender, it wouldn't surprise me the slightest if Hammer got 4M once again next season.

Hordichuk is a terrible hockey player, there are way better options out there.

And Halpern back would be a catastrophe. You can't keep giving spots blindly to washed up players and hope for an actual improvement short-term. You need diversity in your lineup. Halpern doesn't bring that at all.

OpenIceHit 06-22-2011 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carey Price (Post 33828561)

Wiz at 6M per? No way Jose! People learned with guys like Redden and Sourray.

And if Gill kept the same salary, do you really think that Hamrlik will get 3M less?

And I don't want to see Pyatt and Halpern back next year! Hell no! Replace them with bigger, tougher players would can play on the PK and drop them once in while.