HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   What would mike richards be worth to you guys? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=930331)

tuckrr 06-22-2011 03:42 PM

What would mike richards be worth to you guys?

would Schenn be on the table?

Philly would want more I think...

KopitarFAN 06-22-2011 03:49 PM

Basically any 3-5 guys not named Kopitar, Doughty, Brown and MAYBE Johnson. I would say......

Schenn
Simmonds
D prospect (Voynov/Hickey/Deslauriers)
Another Forward spect or 1st round pick.

I'm just not sure how much salary they could take on, assuming the Bryz deal happens.

DeeMeck 06-22-2011 03:53 PM

It is obviously a salary dump so they can't take anything on.

Great leader though and can play in all situations. I think Carter gets moved before their captain does.

KopitarFAN 06-22-2011 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeeMeck (Post 33845701)

Great leader though and can play in all situations. I think Carter gets moved before their captain does.

That's what I was thinking as I wrote above.

tuckrr 06-22-2011 03:57 PM

you guys are about to sign doughty...no?

what about a 3 way trade that would land philly a top 10 pick?

tuckrr 06-22-2011 03:59 PM

Quote:

just take my word for it...but thats actually not the case in the next 48-72 hrs

I think the flyers would totally be on board for Braydon schenn, its just we would either need another prospect of high quality or a pick that is pretty early (imo)

Reaper45 06-22-2011 04:25 PM

Schenn and Johnson for Richards and Bartulis.

Penner-Kopitar-Williams
Smyth/replacement-Richards-Brown

Kings man 4 life 06-22-2011 04:37 PM

Schenn+Voynov for Richards

Buddy The Elf 06-22-2011 04:47 PM

I want more than equal rights, i want everything for free!

Quattro 06-22-2011 05:18 PM

Quote:

It was interesting. I was talking to a Philly fan who says that Flyer fans think Richards is a terrible captain. Great player but a bad leader. I was pretty surprised by that.

Telos 06-22-2011 05:25 PM

Schenn would be on the table and more. The Kings would pay handsomely if Carter were on the table. He is a center that can also play wing as well as play in front of the net which would effectively replace Handzus and Smyth. He has youth (26) and can put up 30-40+ goals (highest total being 46 goals). He is the perfect fit for LA.

tuckrr 06-22-2011 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telos (Post 33849713)
Schenn would be on the table and more. The Kings would pay handsomely if Carter were on the table. He is a center that can also play wing as well as play in front of the net which would effectively replace Handzus and Smyth. He has youth (26) and can put up 30-40+ goals (highest total being 46 goals). He is the perfect fit for LA.

yeah, but i think richards is moving before carter...

Telos 06-22-2011 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tuckrr (Post 33849773)

Depends, the Kings have a very persuasive wealth of assets, but unfortunately I think neither GM has the interest to make such a deal, but I can dream :)

funky 06-22-2011 06:52 PM

if Richards was on the table I would pay. He has speed, skill, grit and leadership in spades. He is locked up long time with a great contract.

Bernier and Schenn and I would not think twice.

tuckrr 06-22-2011 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funky (Post 33853347)
if Richards was on the table I would pay. He has speed, skill, grit and leadership in spades. He is locked up long time with a great contract.

Bernier and Schenn and I would not think twice.

damn lol, Isnt that just like 10 days too late...

(bryz is 100% getting locked up for 5years @ 5.5-5.6)

Kings man 4 life 06-22-2011 07:21 PM

Schenn and Voynov, Schenn replaces Richards eventually and Voynov replaces Carle or Timmo(when he retires or leaves the team etc.)

Kurrilino 06-22-2011 08:06 PM

I don't know................

we should just stop to throw out our youth for Centers.
We are in need of wingers.

Schenn shouldn't go anywhere because is is the solution we are looking for

Whiskeypete 06-22-2011 08:08 PM

im to the point now i would say no to Schenn. i want to see this kid become what everyone expects him to become. it's time for LA to finally have a homegrown star and be a top player in the league.

the only other player i would look to keep out of it would be Clifford. LA has holes down the left side practically from top to bottom. Smyth is gone to EDM maybe, or will be gone next year when his contract expires. Penner did nothing to get fans excited, or impress Kings managment/coaches. the fourth line spot is a revolving door. that leaves Clifford as the only LW for the Kings that is essentially locked in for every game.

even though DL has been and continues to address the #1/#2 LW spot, imo you can't 'possibly' trade a kid that came out of no place and locked down the #3 spot. Clifford can as needed jump to the #2 and #4 spot when called upon, he gives the team the flexibility a coach and gm needs. continuing to trade players in an attempt to fix a hole, only to create another hole (that ironically you just fixed) to me makes zero sense.

so no to schenn, clifford and Kopi. everyone else is on the table. even DD and JJ. they've got the depth at D.

jimmy1100 06-22-2011 10:24 PM

Schenn is training with Gary Roberts. I don't wanna trade him before we see what he can do with quality minutes in the NHL.

I would offer a glut of prospects and picks for either Richards or Carter, but I wouldn't move Schenn.

etherialone 06-22-2011 10:43 PM

Brown
Loktionov
Choice of D prospect not named Deslauriers or Voynov
(Muzzin Hickey Forbort etc and yes I know that most people see Forbort as another home run top pairing D kid but I see him as a solid 3/4 guy with size)
2nd rd pick this year.

That is where I would start and end. I love MR's game and want him on the team but DB is what the Fliers need more than anything and we are stacked on RW. We would miss DB but we could absorb his loss.

This by the way is the same package I would offer for Carter but I might be more open to bending it around a bit to make things work. Carter is definitely more desirable imo than MR but only just so much imo.

Still, Loktionov is not only NHL ready but a dandy of a prospect who can and will be a solid top 6 center and Forbort is a 1st rd pick so we would be offering up some solid value for BR. I don't think Philly fans would agree but then if this offer where looked at by both teams scouts it might be close.

I wouldn't add BSchenn into any offers. I have been thinking allot about this the past couple of days and up until now have been open to moving BSchenn so I went and spent four hours watching dedicated scouting tape on him and in my opinion he could very well be the very real deal.

He's untouchable in my opinion. Besides, we are the top rated prospect pool by everyone in the entire hockey world, Loktionov is one of the players that makes us so and so is/are any of our D prospects so if we offer one of them up it means something.

I love Carter/Richards and would pay dearly for either one of them but a top roster player, a top O prospect who is NHL ready to fill MR's position (though obviously not at the same level yet) and another top level D prospect is a great offer.

Brown is on a very cheap contract so he would fit. Of course we wouldn't likely deal DB but that is what I would offer. Of course I absolutely suck at these proposals.

Reaper45 06-23-2011 01:14 AM

I'd want Richards to play him on a line with Brown.

Ollie Weeks 06-23-2011 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45 (Post 33871465)
I'd want Richards to play him on a line with Brown.

Me too. Brown now over future Schenn.

lumbergh 06-23-2011 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tuckrr (Post 33846041)
What would mike richards be worth to you guys?
would Schenn be on the table?

Philly would want more I think...

just take my word for it...but thats actually not the case in the next 48-72 hrs

I think the flyers would totally be on board for Braydon schenn, its just we would either need another prospect of high quality or a pick that is pretty early (imo)

Well done, good sir. Well done.

Sydor25 06-23-2011 05:14 PM

Richards is worth Schenn, Simmonds and a 2nd. :sarcasm:

Quote:

Originally Posted by tuckrr (Post 33849773)

You were close, but Carter was moved just before Richards. :naughty:

Nice call with the trade though...

Flour Child 06-23-2011 05:16 PM

Ask and you shall receive