HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Nedved to LA, Allison to the Oil? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=93072)

VAN-HAB 07-22-2004 04:50 PM

Nedved to LA, Allison to the Oil?

AS PER TheFourthPeriod.com

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/edm54.html

Vincent Vega 07-22-2004 04:59 PM

I'd imagine Allison would be looking for bonus money in his contract that could reach up to the 8M$ he was earning in LA. Can the Oil afford to pay that?

I Am Ziggy Palffy 07-22-2004 05:13 PM

what a rip off...we lose a 29 year old 100 point guy, for a 33 year old 45 pt guy

Moskau 07-22-2004 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Am Ziggy Palffy
what a rip off...we lose a 29 year old 100 point guy, for a 33 year old 45 pt guy

You lost no one.

kacz 07-22-2004 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nash61
I'd imagine Allison would be looking for bonus money in his contract that could reach up to the 8M$ he was earning in LA. Can the Oil afford to pay that?

I doubt Jason is looking for that much, but it would be interesting to hear how much he is looking for...

GKJ 07-22-2004 05:30 PM

Quote:

The Kings lose no one. Allison didn't play last season, and he sure as hell wasn't going to score 100 points last season or this season. I think it would suck more for the Kings to qualify Allison at over $8M when he didn't even step on the ice last season, and not know what they are going to get next season.

DontCallPlayersStuds 07-22-2004 05:35 PM

pleeease let that happen.

the oilers would lose nedved...who would then go to LA and get hurt...and the oilers would gain Allison...who would then get hurt.

two more teams out of the Preds' way! :)

Oiltalk 07-22-2004 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
pleeease let that happen.

the oilers would lose nedved...who would then go to LA and get hurt...and the oilers would gain Allison...who would then get hurt.

two more teams out of the Preds' way! :)

Except that the Oilers played 80% of the season last year without a number one Center, meaning if Allison played 20%, and the Oilers improved special teams only slightly the'd be in a playoff spot. ;)

USC Trojans 07-22-2004 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nash61

After missing all of last season and serious questions about his health, I highly doubt he'll be asking for anything remotely close to $8 million. I think $3-4 million is more reasonable, and the Oilers should be able to match that.

Oilers Ent 07-22-2004 05:51 PM

If Allison is healed then he is worth a try - hopefully if the Oilers sign him everything works out because he can put up the points when healthy.

Bergeron47 07-22-2004 05:54 PM

"The Oilers have also inquired about free agents Michael Nylander and Alexei Zhamnov, but the 29-year-old Allison is clearly a cut above either of them."

I think Nylander would be great. I have a feeling Zhamnov would turn into an Oates..

Epsilon 07-22-2004 06:28 PM

I love how Jason Allison is a "100 point guy" when his career best total is 95 and he's only been over 80 one other time.

hockeyfan33 07-22-2004 06:49 PM

good riddance, the guy collected 16 million for playing a total of 20 games in the last 2 seasons (almost a million per game)

Good riddance, the Kings need to move on, and forget Nedved, give our youth a chance to play. (Conroy and nedved, I don't understand why the Kings are interested in these type of middle level older players when they won't be around by the time Frolov, Gleason, etc.. are in their prime) Just let the kids play or go for it, what's up with these half ass moves.

Oiltalk 07-22-2004 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyfan33
good riddance, the guy collected 16 million for playing a total of 20 games in the last 2 seasons (almost a million per game)

Good riddance, the Kings need to move on, and forget Nedved, give our youth a chance to play. (Conroy and nedved, I don't understand why the Kings are interested in these type of middle level older players when they won't be around by the time Frolov, Gleason, etc.. are in their prime) Just let the kids play or go for it, what's up with these half ass moves.

The point is to keep the fans interested. Tell me who you would have for Centers if you didn't have Conroy, Nedved, or both?

GKJ 07-22-2004 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyfan33

Because this is Los Angeles. They have to not only compete with other sports in LA but they have to compete with another hockey franchise as well. In a town like LA, you have to keep people in LA interested, espically when the other tenent has some guy named Kobe Bryant. People in LA are not interested in a youth movement. They are interested in putting out a hockey team who is going to win and win now, whether that happens or not is up to the team itself.

Sniper7 07-22-2004 07:31 PM

Allison has no heart & is cancer to any team he plays for.

Street Hawk 07-22-2004 07:36 PM

Same Bull as NYR

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
Because this is Los Angeles. They have to not only compete with other sports in LA but they have to compete with another hockey franchise as well. In a town like LA, you have to keep people in LA interested, espically when the other tenent has some guy named Kobe Bryant. People in LA are not interested in a youth movement. They are interested in putting out a hockey team who is going to win and win now, whether that happens or not is up to the team itself.

That's the same BS crap that comes out of New York as their reason to sign UFA's at ridiculous money. And look what that got them.

If that's the fan's attitude, then they need an education in how team sports work, cause you need a solid nucleus of good players to do anything. No one player in hockey can dominate the game like Shaq does in BB.

Frolov 07-22-2004 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniper7
Allison has no heart & is cancer to any team he plays for.

Allison maybe an a-hole and many other things but saying he has no heart isn't true. The guy was supposed to be out over 10 weeks but he came back in 5 weeks to bust his ass for his team. Sure he injured himself even more but that's not cause he doesn't have heart though.

And all this coming from someone who really hates him right now.

I Am Ziggy Palffy 07-22-2004 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
The Kings lose no one. Allison didn't play last season, and he sure as hell wasn't going to score 100 points last season or this season. I think it would suck more for the Kings to qualify Allison at over $8M when he didn't even step on the ice last season, and not know what they are going to get next season.

the point is, the kings had allison, a dominant number 1 center, and now dont, and he is replaced by nedved, who isnt half the player allison was...yeah injuriese play a big role, but i have little doubt that allison will fully recover, as the doctor's said, and be dominant again

Frolov 07-22-2004 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Street Hawk
That's the same BS crap that comes out of New York as their reason to sign UFA's at ridiculous money. And look what that got them.

Yea ok the highest priced UFA the Kings have signed is Conroy at $3.5 million. We've been against signing high priced UFAs for a while now.
:shakehead

Frolov 07-22-2004 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zherdev
I doubt Jason is looking for that much, but it would be interesting to hear how much he is looking for...

He was quoted as saying that he expects the Kigns to qualify him at $8 million. That's why he is a UFA right now.

I Am Ziggy Palffy 07-22-2004 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epsilon
I love how Jason Allison is a "100 point guy" when his career best total is 95 and he's only been over 80 one other time.

he scored 95 when he was 24...he has been injured the past 2 years...and the last time he was healthy and playing in shape (after the hold out), he scored almost 2 points a game for the 2nd half of the 01 season...every game, he creates several quality scoring chances...

i know "ifs" and "buts" usually just sounds whiny, but if LA had been healthy these past years, Allison should have had not problem scoring 100 points easily....this guy doesnt just pass the puck well, he had almost 40 goals one year, and thats not even his specialty, which is to stick is butt on a defender and manhandle the guy until he creates a scoring opportunity

kingbrath 07-22-2004 09:11 PM

Quote:

the point is, the kings had allison, a dominant number 1 center, and now dont, and he is replaced by nedved.......

I wasnt aware a deal had been finalized
:dunno:

Reaper45 07-22-2004 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brath
I wasnt aware a deal had been finalized
:dunno:

Neither was I....

Oilers Ent 07-22-2004 11:00 PM

Quote:

the point is, the kings had allison, a dominant number 1 center, and now dont, and he is replaced by nedved, who isnt half the player allison was...

Link? :)