HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Still a Flyers fan? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=931483)

OriginJM 06-23-2011 03:31 PM

Still a Flyers fan?

I am, but I'm shocked beyond belief.

Carter being dealt, I can deal with... but not Richie.

JDinkalage Morgoone 06-23-2011 03:33 PM

Today has been an ultimate test of faith. I have no idea what is happening right now.

Machinehead 06-23-2011 03:33 PM

I think they'll still have Richie next season...first name won't be Mike anymore though.

kammy 06-23-2011 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OriginJM (Post 33902341)
I am, but I'm shocked beyond belief.
Carter being dealt, I can deal with... but not Richie.

anybody wana buy my richards jersey ?

Kershaw 06-23-2011 03:39 PM

You guys are screwed, I felt the same way after Leetch was traded. I don't see Schenn ever being as good as Richards.

COMCASTMONEY 06-23-2011 03:40 PM

I honestly am not sure.

Vikke 06-23-2011 03:40 PM

I'm speechless and physically ill.

Spongolium* 06-23-2011 03:42 PM

anyone that is not a flyers fan because of this, i'm glad you are gone.

Flyersfan139 06-23-2011 03:42 PM

Of course I am, honestly the more I think about this the calmer I get. The Richards deal is still pissing me off but we will see what they do in the rest of the off season.

alx83* 06-23-2011 03:49 PM

Honestly? I'm happy with what just happened today.

This is getting repetitive, but I'll keep posting it.

Holmgren just cleared out two guys who obviously were/had issues with management and/or coaching. Yes, Mike Richards was captain. Yes, Jeff Carter was underrated. But in reality, Holmgren is a genius. Here's why:

- He acquired the 8th overall draft pick, a 2nd, and 3rd rounder. With these picks he'll be able to draft a few good prospects and correct what he did wrong by throwing away picks.

- He acquired three young players with great potential to fill the voids of Richards, Carter, and Leino/Versteeg/whoever else is out. Voracek is likely to be money with Giroux and JVR. I'm not sure what will happen with Briere's line after today, but I'd assume he might try and keep Leino now. So that line is still intact. Then you have Versteeg and Simmonds centering Schenn (rated the best prospect leaguewide).

- Bryzgalov just got signed for 5.7 Million for 9 years as I'm typing this. Philly now has a franchise goaltender and all these great young players who should be signed more than easily enough.

The future can only be brighter.

JohnnyOnTheSpot 06-23-2011 03:49 PM

Happy, no. But I will die a Flyers fan.

StandingCow 06-23-2011 03:52 PM

I will always be a Flyers fan, but this trade really sucks... :(

Giroux tha Damaja 06-23-2011 03:57 PM

I'm pissed as it gets at the Bryz contract term. I'm pissed at the fact that we traded Carter and Richards both. But yeah, I'm still a Flyers fan.

Philadelphia Ducks 06-23-2011 03:58 PM

I've been a Flyers fan my whole life so far and will be forever. Hate to see Richie and Carter go, when they were drafted I wanted them to be here for life.

chimrichalds18 06-23-2011 04:01 PM

Always, however, I don't like rooting for a bunch of new names and mercenaries. I want a team that grows together. I'm sick of the roster turnover, and I'm sad that one of my top three Flyers -- maybe even top Flyer -- just got traded. This is definitely a test of faith.

46zone 06-23-2011 04:01 PM

I'll be a fan till the day I die...but I'm angry right now. This would be like the Eagles trading McNabb in 2003. I never thought this would happen.

Phileeguy 06-23-2011 04:02 PM

Never gonna stop being a Flyers fan, but frankly I'm a bit torn and flabbergasted.

1 of the two (specifically Carter) I saw as a possibility, but both? Just Wow. Obviously there needed to be room made for Bryz, but I didn't think it would be both of their two biggest names who were signed long term. Schenn is a great piece in return, Briere and Giroux are still here, and JvR turned into a beast last playoffs and hopefully he continues. But as much as Richie arguably wasn't good in the locker room or w/ the C he still showed up on the ice and is still one of the best 2 way players and the Flyers and I will miss that. Still, with these moves (and whatever is still to be done, I doubt this is all the news out of the Flyers in the near future) A shakeup was needed, but Homer really just put his neck out there, and if there's no cup within a year or two, he's gone.

Bryz4shiz 06-23-2011 04:02 PM

Yes, but if the Flyers played the Kings in the final, I'd rather see Richards score a gwg in game 7 than anyone on the Flyers

Mylec 22 06-23-2011 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spongolium (Post 33903175)
anyone that is not a flyers fan because of this, i'm glad you are gone.

THIS!

Garbage Goal 06-23-2011 04:06 PM

Holy overreaction Batman! If this takes away your fandom then I'm glad because I don't want you as a fan of our team.

The Saw Is the Law 06-23-2011 04:08 PM

Now I'm even harder fan than ever before.

Our GM got ballz

Amateur Hour 06-23-2011 04:13 PM

The only thing that could make me stop being a Flyers fan is if they traded Giroux. He's the best player on this team already and will be the captain once Pronger retires.

Luck 6 06-23-2011 04:15 PM

I'm a Canucks fan, and wow, I'm SHOCKED. I fail to see how this makes Philly a better team NOW, but they could be dangerous as **** in a few years. Giroux, JVR, Schenn, Voracek, and the 8th overall. Not to mention they have a fair bit of cap space to maneuver in free agency.

This is still a very shocking day. This would be like Vancouver shipping out Daniel and Kesler hahah.

Razor the Goalie 06-23-2011 04:16 PM

Just proves they did have a negative effect on this team with their antics.

Welcome to Prongerdome

Machinehead 06-23-2011 04:17 PM

I've heard from a friend in Philly that there's interest in Stamkos now. Is this just hot air or are there actual rumors of this?