HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Troy Brouwer is being shopped? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=932389)

24stanleycups* 06-24-2011 10:49 AM

Troy Brouwer is being shopped?
 
I thought this would interest alot of people since a bunch had him in their projected lineups.

I seen it on hockeybuzz, but it's not Eklund.
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/John-...gain/128/36602

and there's two people reporting it, so there's gotta be some truth to it.

My question is, do you guys think this would be a good fit for the habs, and if so what would it take to get him?

Le Tricolore 06-24-2011 10:50 AM

In before anyone mentions a deal centering around either Kostitsyn or Spacek.

habitue* 06-24-2011 10:50 AM

Pouliot ! + Habs 1st (17th)

for

Brouwer + Chic 1st (18th) or 2 2nd round picks (Chicago gor three)

YMCMBeaulieu 06-24-2011 10:51 AM

Gomez and Pouliot for Brouwer!!

Roke 06-24-2011 11:06 AM

I'd offer a 2nd-round compensation offer-sheet (~$3 million) before I deal a 1st or more assets. I have my concerns about Brouwer (feasted disproportionate offensive zone faceoffs) but he wouldn't be a bad guy to go get.

I'm not certain he's worth a 1st at this point, but that's why you have people who actually watch games not involving the Habs.

24stanleycups* 06-24-2011 11:06 AM

you know what, just realized that brouwer is an RFA. WE could offer sheet him. As long as we kept it under $3,134,088 we'd only have to give up a 2nd rounder, although i'm not usre if it has to be this years or not, cause we don;t have one.

24stanleycups* 06-24-2011 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roke (Post 33954733)
I'd offer a 2nd-round compensation offer-sheet (~$3 million) before I deal a 1st or more assets. I have my concerns about Brouwer (feasted disproportionate offensive zone faceoffs) but he wouldn't be a bad guy to go get.

I'm not certain he's worth a 1st at this point, but that's why you have people who actually watch games not involving the Habs.


Yah, i agree. i wouldn;t give up our first rounder in this draft. It's a very deep draft. VERY. I'd rather have an Oleksiak, or Boone Jenner in the future than a troy brouwer now, but i wish there was some way to grab him cause he's just one of theose players you need to win with. and he can put up 20 goals.

Richiebottles 06-24-2011 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habitue (Post 33953769)
Pouliot ! + Habs 1st (17th)

for

Brouwer + Chic 1st (18th) or 2 2nd round picks (Chicago gor three)

That is actually a pretty fair deal. Pouliot has a smaller cap hit and we could REALLY use brouwer on our 3rd line and the drop off from 17th to 18th isn't huge :P

Andy 06-24-2011 11:14 AM

I'm not sure about Brouwer. I like him, but I really can't make up my mind on just how good he is. I find he struggles a lot in the defensive zone and that he generally makes bad decisions on the ice. That being said, he's pretty good at what he does.

If he comes cheap why not(I doubt he will).

habitue* 06-24-2011 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koseegin (Post 33955307)
I'm not sure about Brouwer. I like him, but I really can't make up my mind on just how good he is. I find he struggles a lot in the defensive zone and that he generally makes bad decisions on the ice. That being said, he's pretty good at what he does.

If he comes cheap why not(I doubt he will).

The guy was drafted in the 7th round (year ???). So he was not expected to be that good.

But he can hit, and has a decent pair of hands.

He would be great on a third line with Eller and DD

He has achieved (or underachieved) as much as Pouliot so far.

Anyway. I would had like to have Lats in the lineup still.

Andy 06-24-2011 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habitue (Post 33955485)
The guy was drafted in the 7th round (year ???). So he was not expected to be that good.

But he can hit, and has a decent pair of hands.

He would be great on a third line with Eller and DD
He has achieved (or underachieved) as much as Pouliot so far.

Anyway. I would had like to have Lats in the lineup still.

Yah same. I see him more as a top 9 forward rather than a top 6.

Richiebottles 06-24-2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koseegin (Post 33955609)
Yah same. I see him more as a top 9 forward rather than a top 6.

Yea no way he is top 6 material. Then again who thought that Darche/Moen/Pyatt could be :facepalm:

LyricalLyricist 06-24-2011 11:29 AM

Think about it. If you offer sheet it can't possibly be this years draft because by the time July 1st comes to make an offer your picks have been used.

Andy 06-24-2011 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richiebottles (Post 33955975)
Yea no way he is top 6 material. Then again who thought that Darche/Moen/Pyatt could be :facepalm:

That's true. The only thing is that I feel like we can get a more well-rounded player who produces the same amount of offense...I.E Scotty Upshall.

Upshall is not big(5'11), but he's fiesty, hits hard and plays a solid two-way game while putting up similar points to Brouwer. Of course, Upshall is UFA and there is always a gamble in that you might not get him. But I really do think that if we're looking at top 9 players, I'd rather get one who's well rounded.

Pouliot's/Brouwer's/Latendresse's...they're not good enough in a tertiary role because they only have one aspect to their game.

Monctonscout 06-24-2011 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24stanleycups (Post 33953689)
I thought this would interest alot of people since a bunch had him in their projected lineups.

I seen it on hockeybuzz, but it's not Eklund.
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/John-...gain/128/36602

and there's two people reporting it, so there's gotta be some truth to it.

My question is, do you guys think this would be a good fit for the habs, and if so what would it take to get him?

The question there is, are we not better off to go after Cole, Laich, Upshall etc as UFA's and keep our assets?

Kriss E 06-24-2011 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roke (Post 33954733)
I'd offer a 2nd-round compensation offer-sheet (~$3 million) before I deal a 1st or more assets. I have my concerns about Brouwer (feasted disproportionate offensive zone faceoffs) but he wouldn't be a bad guy to go get.

I'm not certain he's worth a 1st at this point, but that's why you have people who actually watch games not involving the Habs.

I don't even think he's worth 3M at this point. Broke the 20g mark once, if he would be brought here to play in the top 6, it has disappointment written all over it. As a 3rd liner depth move, I would welcome, but nothing more than 2.5M.
If AK, a regular 20G scorer, gets 3.25M off the restricted agency, giving 3M to Brouwer would be a bad deal imo. I agree, no way I give a 1st unless we get Chicago's 1st.

habitue* 06-24-2011 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koseegin (Post 33956273)
That's true. The only thing is that I feel like we can get a more well-rounded player who produces the same amount of offense...I.E Scotty Upshall.

Upshall is not big(5'11), but he's fiesty, hits hard and plays a solid two-way game while putting up similar points to Brouwer. Of course, Upshall is UFA and there is always a gamble in that you might not get him. But I really do think that if we're looking at top 9 players, I'd rather get one who's well rounded.

Pouliot's/Brouwer's/Latendresse's...they're not good enough in a tertiary role because they only have one aspect to their game.

Got a feeling that Upshall might be intersted to go back to Philly, or sign with a team like Boston. Would look great on the third line with Kelly and Peverley, or their sedond line with Bergeron and Marchand.

24stanleycups* 06-24-2011 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carey Price (Post 33956363)
The question there is, are we not better off to go after Cole, Laich, Upshall etc as UFA's and keep our assets?

or perhaps the question is, would we be better off doing both?

Blind Gardien 06-24-2011 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carey Price (Post 33956363)
The question there is, are we not better off to go after Cole, Laich, Upshall etc as UFA's and keep our assets?

Yes, this is the first step for sure. You have July 1st and 2nd, say, to get somebody "for free". Maybe also after that you will get a sense of who the "leftovers" are... will there be anybody passed over on the FA scrapheap?

Then if it looks like you're still going to come away empty, maybe look at Brouwer then. Some guys are going to be arbitration walkaways later too. Brouwer has some interesting traits, but all in all is not quite compete enough to be the kind of player I think we should give up solid assets to get (2nd rounder = solid asset). At least, not at this point, with other options on the table.

windycity 06-24-2011 12:36 PM

I would only trade our 17th for Chicago's 18th if they agreed not to draft the guy we would want at 17 :D

crazyd 06-24-2011 12:42 PM

If we can bring Brouwer in, he would be a significant upgrade over Moen.

Brouwer - Eller - Kostitsyn

This line could be lethal.

24stanleycups* 06-24-2011 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarto (Post 33961369)
If we can bring Brouwer in, he would be a significant upgrade over Moen.

Brouwer - Eller - Kostitsyn

This line could be lethal.

No way dude. i have to respectfully disagree with that assesment. yes brouwer can put up better numbers, but travis moen is the blue collar player that this team needs to add more of, not get rid of. I`d say moen, brouwer and laich would be a dynamite line.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:47 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.