HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Chicago Blackhawks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   26th Overall Pick: Phillip Danault (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=933213)

Cullksinikers 06-24-2011 09:37 PM

26th Overall Pick: Phillip Danault
 
Thoughts?

Jeffrey Lebowski 06-24-2011 09:37 PM

Who's got some info on this fella?

ccgg 06-24-2011 09:42 PM

As a Habs and Q fan, I'm very happy for you. He is a great warrior and he is clutch in the playoff. Very versatile (LW-C-RW) , probably the best leader and the best defensive foward in this draft. Good skater, he is also smart. Potential, if you are lucky, you have a two-way second liner, if you aren't you have a third liner. He just doesn't have top-end offensive skills.

Bubba88 06-24-2011 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccgg (Post 34026849)
As a Habs and Q fan, I'm very happy for you. He is a great warrior and he is clutch in the playoff. Very versatile (LW-C-RW) , probably the best leader and the best defensive foward in this draft. Good skater, he is also smart. Potential, if you are lucky, you have a two-way second liner, if you aren't you have a third liner. He just doesn't have top-end offensive skills.

thanks. Sounds like a sure pick

Illinihockey 06-24-2011 09:44 PM

TSN Scout Grant McCagg:
Speedy left winger followed up a 67-point regular season with 15 points in nine QMJHL playoff games. Contributed three assists on Canada's U-18 team last summer. Strengths - he does everything okay, great work ethic and character, good defensively, quick feet, can make plays, his hands are fine. Leaves it all on the ice. Good puck manager, rarely plays a bad game. Sees the ice well and uses his linemates intelligently. Weaknesses - Bent over skating style, needs added weight to play same robust style at pro level, limited goal-scoring abilities, shot needs work. NHL Upside - Pesky, unselfish third-line winger who will do whatever the coach asks.

ReLyT 06-24-2011 09:44 PM

People were using Mike Fisher as a comparable player... so sounds like a good safe pick.

Not bad idea

featherhawk 06-24-2011 09:44 PM

2 for 2 on our picks tonight......really like this

Lucky Luke 06-24-2011 09:46 PM

You guys are gonna love this pick.

madgoat33 06-24-2011 09:47 PM

Kinda sounds like kopecky...

Jeffrey Lebowski 06-24-2011 09:50 PM

I like the approach our team has. Draft guys who have high character and work ethic.

I haven't read much about Danault, but from the little I've heard... he's a safe but not overly high-reward player. I like it. Let's use one of our 2nds on the high-risk high-reward.

Lucky Luke 06-24-2011 10:02 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSdkb...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbNRs...eature=related

Danault became Victoriaville's captain at 17 this year when they traded Philip-MichaŽl Devos to Gatineau.
I'm betting he will make Team Canada U20 this season.

Jeffrey Lebowski 06-24-2011 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky Luke (Post 34029765)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSdkb...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbNRs...eature=related

Danault became Victoriaville's captain at 17 this year when they traded Philip-MichaŽl Devos to Gatineau.
I'm betting he will make Team Canada U20 this season.

You seem to know quite a bit about him/really like him. Can you give us a quick run-down of who he is as a player and what his future looks like?

HockeySensible 06-24-2011 10:13 PM

Didn't know much about him at first, more disappointed they didn't land Jurco/Namestnikov, but gotta love everything you're hearing about this kid.

Lucky Luke 06-24-2011 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffrey Lebowski (Post 34030217)
You seem to know quite a bit about him/really like him. Can you give us a quick run-down of who he is as a player and what his future looks like?

His two-way skill set is pretty rare.
Versatility is the name of his game.
PK, PP, face-offs, left wing, center.
Put him in any critical situation and he will give you what you need.
He also has excellent leadership qualities.
You win Cups with guys like this.

madgoat33 06-24-2011 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky Luke (Post 34031811)
His two-way skill set is pretty rare.
Versatility is the name of his game.
PK, PP, face-offs, left wing, center.
Put him in any critical situation and he will give you what you need.
He also has excellent leadership qualities.
You win Cups with guys like this.

So would you say he's kinda like Bolland?

featherhawk 06-24-2011 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky Luke (Post 34031811)
His two-way skill set is pretty rare.
Versatility is the name of his game.
PK, PP, face-offs, left wing, center.
Put him in any critical situation and he will give you what you need.
He also has excellent leadership qualities.
You win Cups with guys like this.

sounds exactly like sharpie......:handclap::yo:

southsidehawks 06-24-2011 10:28 PM

dont want to break up the lovefest but we got rid of a proven commodity in Brouwer who can be effective playing on all lines, is tough and will put up around 20 goals for Danault who sounds like a great, hard-working kid but IF he pans out is a 3rd liner at best, according to everything I've read . so hopefully he surpasses that but i'm not overwehlmed

Cullksinikers 06-24-2011 10:35 PM

Enough with Brouwer.

madgoat33 06-24-2011 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southsidehawks (Post 34032667)
dont want to break up the lovefest but we got rid of a proven commodity in Brouwer who can be effective playing on all lines, is tough and will put up around 20 goals for Danault who sounds like a great, hard-working kid but IF he pans out is a 3rd liner at best, according to everything I've read . so hopefully he surpasses that but i'm not overwehlmed

Brouwer doesnt really fit on any line. He occasionally plays like a top 6 PWF, but then also is prone to stretches where he goes full re in all 3 zones. If he was consistent, he'd be a 3rd liner, on the hawks, I would have preferred to see him on the 4th. 2.5/yr is too much for a 4th liner.

Trapper2530 06-24-2011 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southsidehawks (Post 34032667)
dont want to break up the lovefest but we got rid of a proven commodity in Brouwer who can be effective playing on all lines, is tough and will put up around 20 goals for Danault who sounds like a great, hard-working kid but IF he pans out is a 3rd liner at best, according to everything I've read . so hopefully he surpasses that but i'm not overwehlmed

brouwer averaged 34 points the past 3 years and has 10 points in 43 playoff games, brouwer may have been able to play on all lines but he should have been playing on the 3rd or 4th line, im completely happy with the trade even if he turns out to be a solid 3rd liner b/c brouwer is nothing more than that

Blackhawkswincup 06-25-2011 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReLyT (Post 34027171)
People were using Mike Fisher as a comparable player... so sounds like a good safe pick.

Not bad idea

Yeah this is a guy who because of his hard work and effort will make it to NHL in some capacity likely

So yep a safe pick

Would have prefered to take a gamble though on someone like Jurco

HockeySensible 06-25-2011 12:14 AM

His coach says "he'll for sure be a captain in the NHL one day".

Not on the Hawks ;)

But, I guess he could be an assistant for us one day.

madgoat33 06-25-2011 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HossTheBoss (Post 34041289)
His coach says "he'll for sure be a captain in the NHL one day".

Not on the Hawks ;)

But, I guess he could be an assistant for us one day.

toews for stamkos, boom, Danault captain :sarcasm:

stingo 06-25-2011 12:28 AM

This will turn out to be a great pick. And he's not too far off from the NHL either.

Love how the Hawks are going this draft.

No Fun Shogun 06-25-2011 12:43 AM

Probably at least a year or two before we'll see him in the Indian Head, but call me cautiously optimistic about Danault moving forward.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:23 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.