HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Boston Bruins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Prospect Info: 2011/2012 Bruins Prospect Thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=933513)

TP 06-25-2011 07:41 AM

2011/2012 Bruins Prospect Thread
 
New thread for 11/12.


10/11 Thread - http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=826043

TP 06-25-2011 07:46 AM

Here is the lastest list I could find from the Bruins. (minus Hamilton) If anyone finds an updated one, please post.

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/roster.htm?type=prospect

Mike Yeos Eyebrows 06-25-2011 08:21 AM

Fluto tweeted that Matt Dalton's rights won't be retained.

Mione134 06-25-2011 08:24 AM

^interesting.

So, all we have is Hutch and Gothberg as prospects left?

ap3lovr 06-26-2011 07:28 AM

Wondering how Hamilton would compare to a Gormley. Is there any comparison there?

Schalkenullvier* 06-26-2011 09:00 AM

lol why is Nolan Schaefer listed as a prospect?

Mike Yeos Eyebrows 06-26-2011 10:05 AM

I think Hamilton and Khokhlachev will both get 8.0 prospect grades.

CamDegs13 06-26-2011 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HortonHearsAWoo (Post 34120941)
I think Hamilton and Khokhlachev will both get 8.0 prospect grades.

Potential-wise, I think Hamilton should probably be an 8.5C. Khokhlachev 7.5C/8.0C

Dougie Seguin 06-26-2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mione134 (Post 34051235)
^interesting.

So, all we have is Hutch and Gothberg as prospects left?

No we just drafted Lars Volden in the 6th round

Newfie Bruin 06-26-2011 10:50 AM

Here's how I would rank them

1. Hamilton 8.5B
2. Caron 7.0B
3. Spooner 7.5C
4. Knight 7.5C
5. Khokhlachev 7.5C
6. Sauve 6.5B
7. Kampfer 6.5B
8. Button 6.5B
9. Bartowski 6.5C
10. Arniel 6B
11. Hamill 7.0D
12. Warsofsky 6.5C
13. Alexandrov 6.5C
14. Cross 6.5C
15. Cohen 6C
16. Chudinov 6C
17. Cunningham 6C
18. Gothberg 6C
19. Camper 6.5D
20. Macdermid 5A

SlickM32 06-26-2011 10:55 AM

1. Dougie Hamilton
2. Jordan Caron
3. Jared Knight
4. Alexander Khokhlachev
5. Zach Hamill
6. Ryan Spooner
7. Yuri Alexandrov
8. Jamie Arniel
9. Maxime Sauve
10. Andrew Bodnarchuk

Mike Yeos Eyebrows 06-26-2011 11:56 AM

1. Dougie Hamilton
2. Jordan Caron
3. Steve Kampfer (NHL readiness puts him up here)
4. Ryan Spooner
5. Alex Khokhlachev
6. Jared Knight
7. Max Sauve
8. Yuri Alexandrov
9. Matt Bartkowski
10. Jamie Arniel

TooMuchMan 06-26-2011 12:51 PM

At first glance,

1.Hamilton 9.0C
2.Khokhlachev 8.0 C
3.Caron 7.0 B
4.Spooner 7.5 C
5.Sauve 6.5 B
6.Knight 7.0 C
7.Arniel 6.0 B
8.Kampfer 6.5 C
9.Bartkowski 6.5 C
10.Hamill 7.0 D

KnightofBoston 06-26-2011 01:09 PM

I don't get the HF rating thing nor do i like it but I'd rank them in a top then this way, in terms of potential, not experience thus far:

1. Hamilton
2.Kohklachev
3.Spooner
4.Knight
5.Kampfer
6.Caron
7.Arniel
8. Camper
9.Warsofsky
10.Bartkowski

Kampfer, Caron, and Arniel - maybe Bartkowski, being the only ones that you'll likely see in Boston this year. Knight, Spooner, and Hamilton being the closest to making the team (probably the season after next)

I can't wait to see the rookie games and preseason games with these guys.

Bill Ladd 06-26-2011 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnightofBoston (Post 34128219)
I don't get the HF rating thing nor do i like it but I'd rank them in a top then this way, in terms of potential, not experience thus far:

1. Hamilton
2.Kohklachev
3.Spooner
4.Knight
5.Kampfer
6.Caron
7.Arniel
8. Camper
9.Warsofsky
10.Bartkowski

Kampfer, Caron, and Arniel - maybe Bartkowski, being the only ones that you'll likely see in Boston this year. Knight, Spooner, and Hamilton being the closest to making the team (probably the season after next)

I can't wait to see the rookie games and preseason games with these guys.

How do you know you don't like it if you don't get it? :naughty:

Fwiw, the numerical grade denotes upside, the letter grade denotes the likelihood of a player reaching that potential. It's an interesting compromise because these lists can get confusing when you have some people rating solely on long-term upside and others heavily factoring in NHL readiness.

KnightofBoston 06-26-2011 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Ladd (Post 34135233)
How do you know you don't like it if you don't get it? :naughty:

Fwiw, the numerical grade denotes upside, the letter grade denotes the likelihood of a player reaching that potential. It's an interesting compromise because these lists can get confusing when you have some people rating solely on long-term upside and others heavily factoring in NHL readiness.

Lol well actually I do get it I just didn't feel like putting in the brain power to denote grades for everyone. Actually I'm just a really optimistic person and I know everyone would jump on me if I gave them what I think their potential ceilings are. To me, you've got a guy like weber drafted far down, datsyuk etc so I could see Hamilton, spooner, knight, kohk etc all becoming phenomenal... Or they could all suck :p

BruinsBtn 06-26-2011 04:11 PM

Anyone know what is the contract status of some recently-drafted players?

Do the Bruins still have the rights to Cunningham?
Who is being cut loose on July 1?

CamDegs13 06-26-2011 04:16 PM

1) Hamilton - 8.5 C
2) Caron - 7.0 B
3) Spooner - 7.5 C
4) Khokhlachev - 7.5 C
5) Knight - 7.0 C
6) Sauve - 7.0 C
7) Kampfer - 7.0 C
8) Arniel - 6.5 B
9) Bartkowski - 6.5 C
10) Warsofsky - 7.0 D
11) Camper - 7.0 D
12) Alexandrov - 7.0 D
13) Cross - 6.5 C
14) Hamill - 7.0 D
15) Cohen - 6.5 C
16) Button - 6.5 C
17) Cunningham - 6.5 C
18) MacDermid - 5.0 B
19) Cantin - 6.5 D
20) Chudinov - 6.5 D

HM - Gothberg (7.0 D), Hutchinson (6.5 D), Bodnarchuk (6.0 C), Camara (6.0 C), Ferlin (6.5 D), O'Gara (6.0 D)

Beesfan 06-26-2011 05:53 PM

1. Hamilton - 8.5B
2. Caron - 7.0A
3. Spooner - 8.0C
4. Knight - 7.0B
5. Khokhlachev 7.0B
6.Sauve - 7.0C
7. Cross - 6.5B
8. Arniel - 6.0B
9. Kampfer - 6.0B
10. Hamill - 6.5C

ska8ter8808 06-26-2011 06:41 PM

Hey guys. Check out all that Dom (OOG) has on his site about Dougie. First video is great and I didnt see it anywhere else.

http://2011ohldrafteligiblepalyers.b...gie%20Hamilton

Marc Savard 06-27-2011 05:32 AM

Does anyone know when Development Camp will be held?

Dojji* 06-27-2011 09:46 AM

I haven't heard much about Yuri Alexandrov in awhile
 
... and it surprises me. We have a hole at D if we don't bring Kabs back, and I would have thought that Alexandrov, who was highly regarded at this time last year, was in a good position to try and make the team. But I haven't heard word 1 about him yet. Is it just because of how the depth lines up? Or has this guy lost some value on his stock?

Artemis 06-27-2011 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dojji (Post 34165639)
... and it surprises me. We have a hole at D if we don't bring Kabs back, and I would have thought that Alexandrov, who was highly regarded at this time last year, was in a good position to try and make the team. But I haven't heard word 1 about him yet. Is it just because of how the depth lines up? Or has this guy lost some value on his stock?

What do you expect to hear, and from where? The Bruins? They haven't said anything lately about any of their defensive pospects. From HF?

FWIW, Alexandrov hung around through the early rounds with the Black Aces but then was sent home when the BA squad was trimmed for the later rounds. From end-of-season reports out of Providence he had an OK year, about what they expected. It's a difficult transition, both on and off the ice. I'm sure they gave him a workout program and are hoping he gets stronger.

I'm guessing he'll be back at dev. Camp next month. I like him a lot, but I would not bet on him making the big squad for a while.

ksp1957 06-27-2011 10:22 AM

Best thing to do is to go to the rookie development camp and watch him. See if he makes an impression on you. You can't really judge the development of these players until you see them in person and see how they compete against other developing players.

doubleminor138 06-27-2011 10:22 AM

You could go dig up the last Alexandrov thread and mention it in there. Or, you could assume its the offseason and the situation of a fringe NHLer isn't a prime topic with free agency on the docket.

Development camp and Training Camp are where we'll hear the word abotu him. Until then...I doubt it.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:33 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.