HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Speculation: Let's try to figure out the Defensive pairings for next season (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=933559)

ForSpareParts* 06-25-2011 10:19 AM

Let's try to figure out the Defensive pairings for next season
 
Liles Phaneuf
Gunnarsson Schenn
Aulie Komi

PP1

Liles Phaneuf

PP2

Gunnarsson Schenn

PK1

Aulie Schenn

PK2

Gunnarsson Komi


the reason i have Liles on the top pairing is because he supposedly plays big minutes and would effective for 1st line forward's offense. Gunn and Schenn could steady the second line with Mac Grabo Kuli taking a few more chances in the offensive end.

what's your take?

Corleone 06-25-2011 10:25 AM

Aulie - Phaneuf
Liles - Schenn
Komi - Gunnar

pp1: liles - phaneuf
pp2 gunnar - Aulie

Pitt21 06-25-2011 10:26 AM

Liles - Schenn
Aulie - Phaneuf
Gunner - Komi

Hurt 06-25-2011 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corleone (Post 34052881)
Aulie - Phaneuf
Liles - Schenn
Komi - Gunnar

pp1: liles - phaneuf
pp2 gunnar - Aulie

Thats what I was thinking but I'd love to see Schenn on the PP instead of Aulie. Get some experience.

Dunny777 06-25-2011 10:33 AM

I'm quite skeptical about having Aulie on the top pairing with Phaneuf again, just because I'm expecting some sort of sophomore slump, so I have Gunnarsson in his place. I don't feel too strongly about that either, but right now I think he's the best fit for the job. Liles will likely play on the second pairing with Schenn, just like Kaberle did.

Gunnarsson-Phaneuf
Liles-Schenn
Aulie-Komisarek
Lebda

PP1: Liles-Phaneuf
PP2: Gunnarsson-Schenn
PK1: Gunnarsson-Schenn
PK2: Aulie-Komisarek

The PK I'm really not sure about, depending on how well Aulie plays. Aulie is big and has a long reach, so he'd be great on the PK if he is playing well. If he struggles, he'll be replaced by Phaneuf. Schenn and Komisarek will both penalty kill, but probably not at the same time since they're both right handed. I took Phaneuf out and replaced him with Gunnarsson. Gunnarsson and Schenn spent the most time on the ice killing penalties last year, so I guess they'll be the top pairing.

ForzaZuffa 06-25-2011 10:34 AM

Schenn-Phaneuf
Liles-Aulie
Gunnar-Komi

tpc77 06-25-2011 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt21 (Post 34052925)
Liles - Schenn
Aulie - Phaneuf
Gunner - Komi

This is the set up that will start the season.

Baba Ganoush 06-25-2011 10:40 AM

Aulie - Phaneuf
Liles - Schenn
Gunnarsson - Komi

or

Phaneuf - Schenn
Liles - Komisarek
Aulie - Gunnarsson

depeneds on how Komisarek & Aulie look next season imo. has Schenn ever been pairing with Phaneuf? seems like a pairing that could work. don't recall seeing them together at all.

calcal798 06-25-2011 10:41 AM

Phaneuf-Schenn
Liles-Aulie
Gunnar-Komi

Its about tip we put our top two D together and give them some chemistry. The first pair should play 24 mins ave, the other two 18 mins ave.

Tony Clifton Leaf 06-25-2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calcal798 (Post 34053473)
Phaneuf-Schenn
Liles-Aulie
Gunnar-Komi

Its about tip we put our top two D together and give them some chemistry. The first pair should play 24 mins ave, the other two 18 mins ave.

Aulie and Phaneuf already have shown great chemistry. Also, Dion's not comfortable on the left side, and I doubt Schenn is. I'd rather have 1a and 1b pairings in Aulie-Phaneuf and Liles-Schenn which each play 22 - 24 mins a night with the rest going to Gunnar and Komi.

1st PP is obviously Liles-Phaneuf

2nd PP is Gunnar-Schenn/Aulie/Forward

I like our defence a lot heading into next year.

Baba Ganoush 06-25-2011 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MapleLeaf (Post 34053863)
1st PP is obviously Liles-Phaneuf

2nd PP is Gunnar-Schenn/Aulie/Forward

nah.

PP1:
Richards - Phaneuf

PP2:
Gunnarsson - Liles


;)

Raging Bull 06-25-2011 10:52 AM

Phaneuf - Aulie
Liles - Schenn
Gunnarsson - Komisarek
Lebda - Gardiner/Holzer/Blacker/whoever is next in line

There are going to be injuries and I'm sure those young guys will get a taste.

PP #1

Phaneuf - Liles

PP#2

Gunnarsson - Schenn

Ideally if we get a Richards type player, the first PP unit would be Phaneuf and Richards playing the point, Liles slides down to take Schenns spot.

PK #1

Phaneuf - Aulie

PK #2

Schenn - Komisarek

Literally all those guys can play the PK so we are in a good position there.

Razorwing 06-25-2011 10:53 AM

Liles - Schenn
Aulie - Phaneuf
Lashoff - Komi

Leafssss 06-25-2011 11:01 AM

Aulie - Phaneuf
Liles - Komisarek
Gunnarsson - Gardiner

Moray 06-25-2011 11:09 AM

Phaneuf and Aulie played great together so I say they should atleast stay together at the start

Aulie-Phaneuf
Liles-Schenn
Gunner-Komi

TrueBlue86 06-25-2011 11:09 AM

feels like a lot of money is tied up in the d again...

hopefully we're able to get a center and at least one more decent forward

we had too many ahl guys playing up front last year

JAMmer124 06-25-2011 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueBlue86 (Post 34055005)
feels like a lot of money is tied up in the d again...

hopefully we're able to get a center and at least one more decent forward

we had too many ahl guys playing up front last year

Its not that bad actually.

Liles contract is the same as Kabba's was, and Aulie is still on his ELC.

Aulie(0.733)-Phaneuf(6.5)
Liles(4.2)-Schenn(3.5?)
Gunnarsson(1.3)-Komisarek(4.5)

6.5+4.5+4.2+3.5+1.3+0.733= $20.733M

Thats about right where it should be IMO. its a little under a third of the cap, which is about right as most teams carry 20-22 guys, and 6 or 7 defenceman is roughly a third of the roster.

ForSpareParts* 06-25-2011 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raging Bull (Post 34054021)
Phaneuf - Aulie
Liles - Schenn
Gunnarsson - Komisarek
Lebda - Gardiner/Holzer/Blacker/whoever is next in line

There are going to be injuries and I'm sure those young guys will get a taste.

PP #1

Phaneuf - Liles

PP#2

Gunnarsson - Schenn

Ideally if we get a Richards type player, the first PP unit would be Phaneuf and Richards playing the point, Liles slides down to take Schenns spot.

PK #1

Phaneuf - Aulie

PK #2

Schenn - Komisarek

Literally all those guys can play the PK so we are in a good position there.

yes and i hope our special teams can improve with Liles, a new 1C, plus a better system in place with a new Assistant Coach.

birddog* 06-25-2011 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agreement (Post 34052683)
Liles Phaneuf
Gunnarsson Schenn
Aulie Komi

PP1

Liles Phaneuf

PP2

Gunnarsson Schenn

PK1

Aulie Schenn

PK2

Gunnarsson Komi


the reason i have Liles on the top pairing is because he supposedly plays big minutes and would effective for 1st line forward's offense. Gunn and Schenn could steady the second line with Mac Grabo Kuli taking a few more chances in the offensive end.

what's your take?

Won't be Liles Phaneuf -- they like the fact Aulie was back there and allowed Phaneuf to pinch and jump into the play more. Not to mention Phaneuf's play improved a great deal when paired with Aulie.

KesselPhaneufTML 06-25-2011 11:52 AM

I say take Komi off the PK line up and put Phaneuf there

MeoTwist 06-25-2011 11:52 AM

I don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty pumped over the way our defense looks right now.. And I think Liles should be a bit of an upgrade over Kaberle.. Liles will actually shoot the puck unlike Kaberle.

MaximAmirian 06-25-2011 11:52 AM

Phaneuf - Komisarek
Liles - Schenn
Gunnarson - Aulie

I don't get why you guys are so quick to write off Komisarek. This man wasn't in training camp last season, and he had come back from AN INJURY.

This season he's not injured, and he's going to training camp. He will succeed.

Rare Jewel 06-25-2011 11:56 AM

Liles - Schenn
Aulie - Phaneuf
Gunnarsson - Komisarek

ForSpareParts* 06-25-2011 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoma (Post 34060771)
Phaneuf - Komisarek
Liles - Schenn
Gunnarson - Aulie

I don't get why you guys are so quick to write off Komisarek. This man wasn't in training camp last season, and he had come back from AN INJURY.

This season he's not injured, and he's going to training camp. He will succeed.

well i would say that Phaneuf has the C, is still considered to be a guy that can elevate his game to a Norris nomination, is a left handed shot playing the right side.

all that aside i really do hope Komi comes back and proves himself.

Christ 06-25-2011 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Th4thurt (Post 34052929)
Thats what I was thinking but I'd love to see Schenn on the PP instead of Aulie. Get some experience.

Pretty much my thoughts with the current group. I have a feeling that we may see another move before the summer is up though. I feel that Schenn has more offensive ability than he shows on most nights...he seems to have himself in a completely defensive mindset most of the time but occasionally he does something that makes you think he could put up some decent point totals if he wanted too.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:03 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.