HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Rumor Doughty offered 5 year deal, ~$5.7 per; has not signed (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=934633)

CNS 06-26-2011 12:45 AM

Doughty offered 5 year deal, ~$5.7 per; has not signed
 
http://lakingsnews.com/2011/06/25/un...s-5-year-deal/

This is a rumor right now. This is not confirmed. Thought I'd just post this here to open it up for discussion on the main board.

Don't shoot the messenger.

EDIT: If these are the terms of the deal, Doughty will be a UFA. The current CBA states a player will become a UFA after age 27 or 7 years in the league. This deal will bring Doughty to 8 seasons in the league.

drugold 06-26-2011 12:47 AM

yeah, **** the bunny!

Shellz 06-26-2011 12:47 AM

I don't know if the mods allow that website here.

But, here is tweet by TFP.

The4thPeriodDB Dennis Bernstein
We hear 5.7M per for 5 for Doughty RT @tsbilek: @The4thPeriodDB any news on smyth or doughty? Hammond hinted at 6 million per for drew.

The Big Giant Head 06-26-2011 12:47 AM

if true...like the price but dont like the contract length. id really like to lock him up for 7-10yrs.

ManOnTheMoon 06-26-2011 12:48 AM

Decent deal. If he starts to look like Doughty of two years ago, a fantastic deal.

CNS 06-26-2011 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shellz (Post 34113325)
I don't know if the mods allow that website here.

But, here is tweet by TFP.

The4thPeriodDB Dennis Bernstein
We hear 5.7M per for 5 for Doughty RT @tsbilek: @The4thPeriodDB any news on smyth or doughty? Hammond hinted at 6 million per for drew.

If not, I'm sorry mods. Just wanted to see what main boarders thought of it. Feel free to lock or delete if there are any problems.

Hanta Yo 06-26-2011 12:49 AM

Should be a good deal a couple of years down the line as he continues to improve.

molsonmuscle360 06-26-2011 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Big Giant Head (Post 34113329)
if true...like the price but dont like the contract length. id really like to lock him up for 7-10yrs.

I think 5 is a great length for an elite player. You never know what could happen. He could become injury prone, or end up having off ice issues at some point. I think the 8-10 year contracts are just way to big a risk

Kingsfan1 06-26-2011 12:50 AM

5 year deal averaging 5.7 mill a year, not to bad.


If true does that make him an rfa or ufa at the end of his contract ?


Also how credible is this guy

edro* 06-26-2011 12:51 AM

good deal if true

ScoreZeGoals 06-26-2011 12:51 AM

Please be true!!!

Bad News Bears 06-26-2011 12:52 AM

That is tremendous value if true. One of the best when he's on.

danaluvsthekings 06-26-2011 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Big Giant Head (Post 34113329)
if true...like the price but dont like the contract length. id really like to lock him up for 7-10yrs.

If you start eating into UFA years, the price is going to go up.

Plus I think teams are leery of giving out the big long term 10-12 year type contracts without knowing what the new CBA will be.

Burmi 06-26-2011 12:52 AM

Good deal if true.

Shellz 06-26-2011 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cnshockey (Post 34113371)
If not, I'm sorry mods. Just wanted to see what main boarders thought of it. Feel free to lock or delete if there are any problems.

I think because it's a rumor it's okay. But, I really don't know.

The Big Giant Head 06-26-2011 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 (Post 34113401)
I think 5 is a great length for an elite player. You never know what could happen. He could become injury prone, or end up having off ice issues at some point. I think the 8-10 year contracts are just way to big a risk

yea thats true...Kings organization and kings fans are in love with this guy. hopefully, he only gets better in the next 5yrs

CNS 06-26-2011 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingsfan1 (Post 34113415)
5 year deal averaging 5.7 mill a year, not to bad.


If true does that make him an rfa or ufa at the end of his contract ?


Also how credible is this guy

To the 1st question, UFA. It would give him 8 NHL seasons. The cutoff for RFA is 7 seasons or age 27.

bobafettish* 06-26-2011 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingsfan1 (Post 34113415)
5 year deal averaging 5.7 mill a year, not to bad.


If true does that make him an rfa or ufa at the end of his contract ?


Also how credible is this guy

he broke the Smyth trade.
take it however you wish.

Asquaredx2 06-26-2011 12:53 AM

That would be awesome for the Kings.

Plus it would hopefully keep the price of re-signing Karlsson down.

EliasR8 06-26-2011 12:54 AM

what a steal if true

Gobo 06-26-2011 12:55 AM

When it ends is he an RFA or no? That really makes or breaks this deal.

Pi 06-26-2011 12:55 AM

Great deal. He's only going to get better.

Kings have already took on Richards contract, and to sign another player LONG term wouldn't be bad but it's just not necessary.

This deal is good because Doughty is still young, he's got another shot at hitting a home run if he can win a Norris or two in these years (Lidstrom and Chara have to slow down right?)

oilWILDcountry 06-26-2011 12:56 AM

Poster above said UFA.

But regardless, at that price, this is a great deal!

CNS 06-26-2011 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilWILDcountry (Post 34113577)
Poster above said UFA.

But regardless, at that price, this is a great deal!

This is correct. I will update OP to reflect the fact.

DAkings20 06-26-2011 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gobo (Post 34113549)
When it ends is he an RFA or no? That really makes or breaks this deal.

I think he'd be a UFA becasue he would have played 8 seasons. Rule is 27 or 7 nhl season iirc.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:52 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.