HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   For Ranger fans Only....who was better? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=934669)

Inferno 06-26-2011 02:10 AM

For Ranger fans Only....who was better?

I know the mods will be tempted to move this to one of the other forums, but im honestly only interested in hearing Ranger fans thoughts....so id appreciate it if you guys wouldnt move this out of here.

Which player was better. Cam Neely, or Brendan Shanahan?

Looking at the entire body of work, which player was better. I have my own thoughts, but im interested to hear what other Ranger fans think.

EventHorizon 06-26-2011 02:38 AM

First. I"m drunk. Very drunk so take thyeihs with a graine of saltg. I way Shanahaana. Mithe have been Neely if his career wansnt't cuyt short by that dirtbag Samuylesson that the Rangers never should have signed but....yeah. That's it.

Kane One 06-26-2011 02:43 AM

Shanahan obviously had the better career, but I think Neely was the better player.

LyNX27 06-26-2011 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EventHorizon (Post 34115651)
First. I"m drunk. Very drunk so take thyeihs with a graine of saltg. I way Shanahaana. Mithe have been Neely if his career wansnt't cuyt short by that dirtbag Samuylesson that the Rangers never should have signed but....yeah. That's it.

Quoted for regret.

Shanghai had the better career obviously and showed room for growth when he was playing put of his mind until that hit from Knuble.

owedoyle 06-26-2011 02:54 AM

Quote:

What he said :laugh:

Puckface NYR* 06-26-2011 03:00 AM

Quote:

Classic. Computer and drinking should be illegal :laugh::laugh::laugh:

eco's bones 06-26-2011 06:48 AM

I think Neely was the better player. He just didn't last as long.

NorthlandPro 06-26-2011 06:54 AM

Really splitting hairs here. Shanahan had the longer career, Neeley was a beast when healthy. I would go with Shanhan as I think he was the better all round player. Ask me again and I choose Neeley.

Swept In Seven 06-26-2011 07:15 AM

Quote:

This, Shanahaana definately had the better career :laugh:

Rangers4Life74 06-26-2011 07:27 AM

Quote:

This.Shananananana was the better player.

ReggieDunlop68 06-26-2011 01:08 PM

I can only think of this.

BlueshirtBlitz 06-26-2011 01:10 PM

Shannahanna had the better career.

HAPPY HOUR 06-26-2011 01:13 PM

When healthy. Neely ftw...

Fitzy 06-26-2011 01:16 PM

Neely.

The internet needs a breathalyzer.

we want cup 06-26-2011 01:21 PM

I'd go with Shanny.

Quote:

This is too good not to quote.

bettercallstaal 06-26-2011 01:24 PM

Quote:

That is awesome lol. Shanahaana ftw

Bird Law 06-26-2011 01:26 PM

Like the Lemieux VS Messier debates, Cam was the better player while Shanny had the better career.

Inferno 06-26-2011 01:30 PM

Personally, id go with Shanny, but man oh man its close...When on the ice Neely was a frikkin monster. Shanny was too, but nowhere near as good...but, its the whole, when he was on the ice argument. and to me, thats important. Shanahaana ftw

BrooklynRangersFan 06-26-2011 01:31 PM

Quote:

That's hilarious.

Makes me wonder if we shouldn't have a stickied "ATTENTION: post here if you've had more than 3 beers" thread. Might make for a) less vitriol in other discussions and b) one seriously funny thread.

EventHorizon 06-26-2011 01:59 PM

Jeez I barely remember posting that. If you think that post was bad though, I decided last night that it would be a good idea to deep fry food. Luckily the apartment is still standing and nobody needed skin grafts. And I honestly don't think I will ever make tastier cheese fries in my life.

bettercallstaal 06-26-2011 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EventHorizon (Post 34130601)
Jeez I barely remember posting that. If you think that post was bad though, I decided last night that it would be a good idea to deep fry food. Luckily the apartment is still standing and nobody needed skin grafts. And I honestly don't think I will ever make tastier cheese fries in my life.

:laugh: No worries man we've all been there.

gravytrain6t 06-26-2011 03:19 PM

The guy with the Stanley Cup rings.

ecemleafs 06-26-2011 03:39 PM

Neely was the better actor though.

Radek27 06-26-2011 03:50 PM

I'm gonna go with Shanny. Neely always had Oates and was part of a great duo but Shanny did it on a few teams.

Both great great players.

mrhockey193195 06-26-2011 04:06 PM

Quote:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I thought I was the only one who drunk-posted to hfboards.

Anyways, to answer the question, without a doubt Shanahan had the better and more accomplished career. But at their peaks? And throwing injuries out the window? It's tough to not take Neely.