HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Rangers rebuff Artem offers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=935037)

t3hg00se 06-26-2011 03:23 PM

Rangers rebuff Artem offers

From the Daily News today
Quote:

A source told the Daily News that several teams are interested in acquiring the lone remaining Russian on the Rangers' roster, center Artem Anisimov, but that those approaches are routinely rebuffed.
Nice to hear that Anisimov is sought after around the league, and that the Rangers have repeatedly made it known he is not available.

I've felt that Artem's upside around here is consistently underrated. The Rangers certainly have the potential to have some fantastic center depth for years to come. :handclap:

That Stepan Guy 06-26-2011 03:28 PM

Cool, despite my using him as trade bait, I think he's a pretty good guy.

Saw this in the newspaper today, thought it was a good article.

NYR Viper 06-26-2011 03:31 PM

AA is going to be a VERY good 2nd line center....hang onto him.

Clowes Line 06-26-2011 03:33 PM

Hang onto Arty. He is great and is very Artystic with the puck

Barbara Underhill 06-26-2011 03:34 PM

This isn't the first time they said this. They mentioned 6-8 months ago that he was part of the core and not going anywhere.

I then saw about 1000 trade proposals with him as a key piece :facepalm:

That Stepan Guy 06-26-2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tube Sock (Post 34134899)
This isn't the first time they said this. They mentioned 6-8 months ago that he was part of the core and not going anywhere.

I then saw about 1000 trade proposals with him as a key piece :facepalm:

Anisimov for Crosby!!

Clowes Line 06-26-2011 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by That Stepan Guy (Post 34135117)
Anisimov for Crosby!!

We'd have to be receiving a pick in return.

Anisimov for Crosby + 2nd round pick makes more sense

Barbara Underhill 06-26-2011 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by That Stepan Guy (Post 34135117)
Anisimov for Crosby!!

Haha they weren't even proposals for stars just mediocre 2nd liners people were obsessed with. Whatever the flavor of the month was I guess.

I honestly believe AA has another level or two to his game. 60pts this year isn't out of the question.

Side Note: How many Europeans are even left on the team? This has to be the fewest we've had since the mid 90's.

CM PUNK 06-26-2011 03:49 PM

really makes me wonder what kind of offers were turned down...did we turn them down cause we don't want to move AA or cause the offers just weren't enough?

we'll never know the offers but would be nice to see what his 'value' is

Ola 06-26-2011 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by That Stepan Guy (Post 34134699)
Cool, despite my using him as trade bait, I think he's a pretty good guy.

Saw this in the newspaper today, thought it was a good article.

I was about to write something like that too.

Like, I would not like be pissed if we dealt him either -- for fair value, more because a top 3 of like Richards/X, Stepan and Boyle would be OK.

AA and Stepan could grow into a solid 1-2 duo, but I am not sure if its that wise to let them be 1-2 until they have grown into that role. Like we all acknowledge that a "true" 1st line center really would help this team, and you gotta give to get. Though I definitely have no problem keeping him.

But, if we look back at recent deals, I would have traded Anisimov in a deal for Eric Johnson, I would have traded him in a deal for Jeff Carter, I would have traded him in a deal for Brent Burns.

That Stepan Guy 06-26-2011 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident (Post 34135179)
We'd have to be receiving a pick in return.

Anisimov for Crosby + 2nd round pick makes more sense

Where's Malkin?

MrAlmost 06-26-2011 03:58 PM

Thats cool to see. There really arent many players as good at the game as a whole as Anisimov. Holding onto him is definatly in the best interest of the team at this time. :nod:

Inferno 06-26-2011 04:00 PM

Love AA...would deal him as part of a package to get Stastny though.

bettercallstaal 06-26-2011 04:03 PM

Good news. I'm not as high on him as some people are but he's a pretty decent player and works hard. If only he could create a bit of space for himself once in a while.

Clowes Line 06-26-2011 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by That Stepan Guy (Post 34135729)
Where's Malkin?

Well if you want Malkin, you have to give to get. Comon, you know that.

Anisimov + Christensen + 7th for Crosby + Malkin + 2nd rounder

Works for both sides. Get it done Slats!

azrok22 06-26-2011 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident (Post 34136155)

Too much salary coming back to N.Y. I'd make them take Redden. :sarcasm:

That Stepan Guy 06-26-2011 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident (Post 34136155)

They need to throw in Kunitz. Ansimov has too much value at that point, throw in Redden as well so we can get Staal and Orpik.

Anisimov + Redden + Christensen + 7th for Crosby + Malkin + Kunitz + Orpik + Staal

Clowes Line 06-26-2011 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azrok22 (Post 34136281)
Too much salary coming back to N.Y. I'd make them take Redden. :sarcasm:

That's a good point. Redden can also add some defensive depth to the Pens. I think it can work. Ray Shero would be out of his mind to not agree to this trade

hpNYR 06-26-2011 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inferno272 (Post 34135875)
Love AA...would deal him as part of a package to get Stastny though.

Not sure Stastny is getting traded anymore. Colorado needs to be within the cap limit.

BlueshirtBlitz 06-26-2011 04:14 PM

Very high on Arty. I think he'll be a fantastic second line two-way center in a few years. Glad we're not just trading him for what would most likely be lateral moves.

Clowes Line 06-26-2011 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by That Stepan Guy (Post 34136363)
They need to throw in Kunitz. Ansimov has too much value at that point, throw in Redden as well so we can get Staal and Orpik.

Anisimov + Redden + Christensen + 7th for Crosby + Malkin + Kunitz + Orpik + Staal

But we'd be losing value if you take out the 2nd round pick from the Pens. This is better.

Anisimov + Redden + Christensen + Gilroy's rights + 7th for Crosby + Malkin + Kunitz + Orpik + Staal + 2nd

Inferno 06-26-2011 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hpNYR (Post 34136461)
Not sure Stastny is getting traded anymore. Colorado needs to be within the cap limit.

trade them Drurys contract :P

Florida Ranger 06-26-2011 04:17 PM

Am I the only here that thinks Arty can be consistent a 1st line player for a few years?

I like this kid a lot. His hands, work ethic, two-way game, his age...

hpNYR 06-26-2011 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA (Post 34136619)
Am I the only here that thinks Arty can be consistent a 1st line player for a few years?

I like this kid a lot. His hands, work ethic, two-way game, his age...

I don't think he has the strength and battle along the boards to be a 1st line center. He gets knocked off the puck quite easily along the boards. He also needs to start finishing more body checks instead of the light pushes he likes to do.

He can be a good 2nd line center. However, right now I like Stepan in that slot if we get Richards.

RangerBlue62 06-26-2011 04:19 PM

:handclap:
<==== This guy... is not going anywhere.