HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   News Article: Bryzgalov's interview to Sports. ru; Part I (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=935497)

CSKA1974 06-26-2011 11:51 PM

Bryzgalov's interview to Sports. ru; Part I

I would like to offer you another interview with Iliya Bryzgalov to Sports. ru. I will omit some of the parts that I already translated in the other post. Also, as usual I will keep the style as close to the source as possible. In addition, I need to say, that translating Bobís interviews is much easier :)

The Iliya Bryzgalovís rules of lifeBy Artem Zyryanov

I have never had idols.

To tell you the truth, I am indifferent to fans. I can explain why. When you ok and play well Ė they worship you; but when you on a decline- you become an enemy # 1. At some point of my career I missed almost a year due to injury. I saw a lot during that time and understood a lot.

I do not feel any pressure on the ice and I do not get nervous. I just relax and play. Hockey is entertainment and I have to have fun from it.

There are people who accept me, but there are some that do not. Itís their personal choice. I do not try to be liked.

I canít say that I am a philosopher. But I read philosophy books because they are of interest to me. I am interested in these people thoughts, the ways they came to their conclusions. Just do not think that I spend all my time studying ancient philosophers. But sometimes I think about their theories, their reasoning. But again, itís just sometimes.

I like Socrates. He states that nothing in this world as it seems. One can say to you that this is black and you agree; and then he will prove to you that itís white and you will agree again. And then he will ask you how come you agreed to these statements; and you will ask yourself:ĒWhy is that?Ē

I taught myself not to get carried away when praised and not to get upset when scolded. Nothing is as it seems, as I said before.

California is the best place to play hockey. You wake up in a morning, go to work and itís sunny. And itís not -30 frost or rainy. Itís a heavenly place for hockey, honestly.

America is what I need. There is no rush. Itís quiet, calm and safe.

I have considered Los Angeles as a home town for many years now. I am very comfortable there. I am getting tired of Moscow, it depresses me. I like Russia. But while my children are little, they better off in America.

I am not interested in talking to other hockey players; I practically do not have friends among them. The exception is Datsyuk. I like communicating with him, but my close friends are the guys I grew up with.

I have a very few friends, in general. But I maintain good relationship with everyone.

My previous outlook on life was in my way. I have thought a lot: what is slowing me down? Began to change myself. That Bryzgalov was a good fellow, just was not wise.

You know what I dislike the most? Stupidity and injustice. I have a trait to rebel against them.

I am old-fashioned. I do not like to read on a screen, I need to hold a book, flip the pages.

There is a difference between G_d and a church for me. G_d is everywhere, and a church is just a mean to control people. I canít say that everything is false in church, but a church is just a man who has read books. I talked to a lot of clergy men and have not found answers to my questions.

I would love to learn to drive a space rocket. I dream of going to space, even though itís expensive. I am honest, donít laugh. Please realize, I not interested in routine life.

I use taxi services in Russia. I have 2 BMWís in America. I value comfort and safety in cars. (May be he will replace Richards in WG BMW Commercials. CSKA:( )

Even if I had time I would not watch TV in Russia. I do not watch it in America either.

I have a TV, but there is nothing to watch besides news.

You canít measure everything with money. If you have a chance to play in the NHL you must take it, otherwise you are coward. I canít say that a hockey player has had a good career if he has not tried himself in the strongest league in the world.

I had to go through all the levels of hockey hell to enjoy everything in hockey today.

I am afraid of heights. I used to enjoy roller coasters, but I had a fear once that something might happen. Why risk? And I am not going on any rides anymore. I have not had and do not have a fear of flying.

I lost all the interest in alcohol. I do not need it. No one will beg you to drink in America if you do not want to. Itís not Russia. I have to ask people here to leave me alone.

What is the sense of life? Love. But not to a certain person. Love to everything that surrounds you. Then you achieve harmony, like me.

To be continued later on today ÖÖ

Giroux tha Damaja 06-27-2011 12:19 AM

Goalies are odd balls, lol. So long as the puck hits him, whatever.

JABEE 06-27-2011 12:36 AM

Wow, interviews are a lot different in Russia. I like that they ask athletes vexing questions and the athlete does not make up a reason for not answering it. He appears to be a pretty honest person with the media and I think that is a good trait to have. Some may try to spin it as him being an odd ball or weird, but I believe answering these kinds of questions are perfectly normal and are a nice change of pace to the cliched hockey interview question and answers.

Beef Invictus 06-27-2011 12:40 AM

"I would love to learn to drive a space rocket."

GoneFullHextall 06-27-2011 12:44 AM

You know what I dislike the most? Stupidity and injustice. I have a trait to rebel against them.

LOL. wait he gets to deal with the Philly media.

Beef Invictus 06-27-2011 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren (Post 34157509)

LOL. wait he gets to deal with the Philly media.

"Stupidity and Injustice" might as well be their motto.

orange is better 06-27-2011 12:52 AM

if not everything can be measured by money, then why did you want to be the highest paid goalie in the league?

PhillyFlying 06-27-2011 01:20 AM

timmeh p's gonna love this guy.

GoneFullHextall 06-27-2011 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Invictus (Post 34157537)
"Stupidity and Injustice" might as well be their motto.

truth.

flyersfan187 06-27-2011 01:28 AM

hahaha that article was great, thanks for posting it

ChumpyG 06-27-2011 01:37 AM

"I would love to learn to drive a space rocket."

He's already my favorite goalie since Hextall with that one. :laugh:

StandingCow 06-27-2011 01:46 AM

I like this guy. :handclap:

Kitten Mittons 06-27-2011 01:55 AM

Ha, I liked that CSKA ommitted the part where Bryz states that he doesn't bribe Russian cops out of principal. You guys wouldn't understand. :D

xX LURKIN Xx 06-27-2011 07:57 AM

I am not interested in talking to other hockey players; I practically do not have friends among them. The exception is Datsyuk. I like communicating with him, but my close friends are the guys I grew up with.

I'm not really a fan of this. I don't want him to feel like an outcast, maybe Bob stays and they can be Russian friends.

DayoftheGreek 06-27-2011 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xX LURKIN Xx (Post 34162429)

I'm not really a fan of this. I don't want him to feel like an outcast, maybe Bob stays and they can be Russian friends.

I don't think he would feel like an outcast at all. Assuming what he says in this interview is true, he is the type of guy who goes out and gets exactly what he wants. If he wanted to make hockey friends I'm sure he would have some. He seems to have his friends already and is completely content without going out of his way to make friends unless he truly likes the person (like datysuk). He does say he has a good relationship with everyone so I'm sure he is friendly and engaging in the locker room, he just won't hang out with them outside of work all the time.

CdnFlyersFan 06-27-2011 11:16 AM

[QUOTE=xX LURKIN Xx;34162429]I am not interested in talking to other hockey players; I practically do not have friends among them.

"That way they do not make the sexy-rocket with my wife."

supa scoop 06-27-2011 11:27 AM

Bryz is already my favorite Flyer. :laugh:

JohnnyOnTheSpot 06-27-2011 12:19 PM

Bryz is going to be my first ever goalie jersey purchased. He is the freakin' man.

domestique 06-27-2011 02:07 PM

I love his interviews. Behind Hexie/Parent I think I have a new goalie favorite.

usahockey22flyers 06-27-2011 02:20 PM

Great article. Thanks for posting!

FlyerX 06-27-2011 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iliya Bryzgalov
I lost all the interest in alcohol.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Atta guy, Bryz!