HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Sportsnet: All Stamkos News - What's going on with Stamkos? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=936005)

Leafssss 06-27-2011 02:48 PM

All Stamkos News - What's going on with Stamkos?
 
Per Kyper

RealKyper Nick Kypreos
Also heard from #NHL draft #Lightning and RFA Stamkos are not close to getting a deal done. Teams are eligible to submit offer sheet July 1


Qualifying offer made:

erlendssontrib Erik Erlendsson
#tblightning QOs issued to Stamkos, Purcell, Gervais, Jackson, Harju, Helenius and Pouliot (traded to Phoenix)

(not sure how reliable the source)

MikeColligan Mike Colligan
Steven Stamkos will be free to negotiate offer sheets with other #NHL teams tomorrow #TBLightning

UPDATE:
erlendssontrib Erik Erlendsson
Just to quell any onset of panic/anxiety/excitement there is nothing going on tonight regarding Steven Stamkos #Stamkostyeria


Mansfield 06-27-2011 02:48 PM

http://twitter.com/#!/RealKyper/stat...33702015967232

Quote:

Also heard from #NHL draft #Lightning and RFA Stamkos are not close to getting a deal done. Teams are eligible to submit offer sheet July 1
HMMMM

bobbyflex 06-27-2011 02:50 PM

wasn't there an article a week ago saying the deal was "almost done"

i don't know wth to beleive anymore lol

EDIT: here it is: http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...301/story.html

Willie Oree 06-27-2011 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leafssss (Post 34182623)
Per Kyper

RealKyper Nick Kypreos
Also heard from #NHL draft #Lightning and RFA Stamkos are not close to getting a deal done. Teams are eligible to submit offer sheet July 1

:yo: :naughty:

I didn't think they would be there's a lot of dough to be negotiated!

ForSpareParts* 06-27-2011 02:52 PM

thank goodness.

put any potential leaf speculation to bed.


also

this = leafs signing Richards ;)

mpleafan 06-27-2011 02:52 PM

start the parade! lol jk

Suntouchable13 06-27-2011 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyflex (Post 34182853)
wasn't there an article a week ago saying the deal was "almost done"

i don't know wth to beleive anymore lol

I think there were words coming from Stamkos himself saying that they were close to a deal.

Kesselmania 06-27-2011 02:53 PM

To TB- Schenn, Kadri, 1st 2012
To Tor- Stamkos

unstuck 06-27-2011 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kesselmania (Post 34183055)
To TB- Schenn, Kadri, 1st 2012
To Tor- Stamkos

done

bobbyflex 06-27-2011 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suntouchable13 (Post 34183007)
I think there were words coming from Stamkos himself saying that they were close to a deal.

you're right: http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...301/story.html

Leaf Rocket 06-27-2011 02:54 PM

interesting.... :D leafs better offersheet his ass :P since richards is going there lol

mooseOAK* 06-27-2011 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leafssss (Post 34182623)
Per Kyper

RealKyper Nick Kypreos
Also heard from #NHL draft #Lightning and RFA Stamkos are not close to getting a deal done. Teams are eligible to submit offer sheet July 1

Is the "Leafs fans to celebrate" part just there for the benefit of trolls, Leafs fans version and otherwise?

GameOverLeafsWin 06-27-2011 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kesselmania (Post 34183055)
To TB- Schenn, Kadri, 1st 2012
To Tor- Stamkos

Gross overpayment!

thebluemachine* 06-27-2011 02:55 PM

10,000 views by tomorrow. Stamkos signs in Tampa before Friday.

Ari91 06-27-2011 02:55 PM

Stamkos said himself that a deal was close. I prefer going by what he said versus what Kypreos is saying.

Leafssss 06-27-2011 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooseOAK (Post 34183229)
Is the "Leafs fans to celebrate" part just there for the benefit of trolls, Leafs fans version and otherwise?

Nope, it's for fun.

Transplanted Caper 06-27-2011 02:57 PM

Too bad, I was hoping we'd see the end to the silly Stamkos threads.

Leafssss 06-27-2011 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyCrazed101 (Post 34183281)
Stamkos said himself that a deal was close. I prefer going by what he said versus what Kypreos is saying.

Don't you think most players will say what's "politically correct," most won't go out and say, "Naw, we ain't even close."

IWD 06-27-2011 02:57 PM

Call me crazy, but I think that Yzerman would certainly entertain the idea of moving Stamkos if it was believed that Richards would sign in Tampa Bay. Between the return, and the "free wallet" of inking Richards, the overall improvement would be more than enticing for the Lightning.

That said, I'd actually move Kessel before I moved Schenn. Higher value, and it would allow us to rework the entire deal's structure.

mooseOAK* 06-27-2011 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leafssss (Post 34183343)
Nope, it's for fun.

Maybe some day this place will require a simple IQ test before someone is allowed to start a thread.

Volcanologist 06-27-2011 03:00 PM

Who to believe...Steve Stamkos or Meathead Kypreos...tough call.

ComrieFanatic 06-27-2011 03:00 PM

Hypothetically speaking, would it be smart to offer Stamkos $100 mil over 10 years? Would TB match that?

Leafssss 06-27-2011 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooseOAK (Post 34183559)
Maybe some day this place will require a simple IQ test before someone is allowed to start a thread.

Probably smarter then you bud.

bobbygore 06-27-2011 03:01 PM

No way Yzerman doesn't get this done. Anybody thinking Stammer will be anything but a Bolt is dreaming in technicolor.

FireEverybody* 06-27-2011 03:03 PM

Why are we celebrating ? Our GM is not going to offer sheet him.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ComrieFanatic (Post 34183647)
Hypothetically speaking, would it be smart to offer Stamkos $100 mil over 10 years? Would TB match that?

I would do it in a heart beat.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:25 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.