HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   LeClair for Peca Proposal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=93801)

goalienut 07-26-2004 04:06 PM

LeClair for Peca Proposal

How about: LeClair for Peca Maybe throw in some picks to even it out?

Cerebral 07-26-2004 04:11 PM

:banghead:

TVanek26* 07-26-2004 04:12 PM

Maybe throw in Mike Richards to even it out instead?

LeClair for anything other then a midround pick is brutal.

Moskau 07-26-2004 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanielBriere48
Maybe throw in Mike Richards to even it out instead?

LeClair for anything other then a midround pick is brutal.

Add some more, lol.

LeClair, 250,000 Scratch off Lotto tickets, 100,000 Powerball Tickets, Carter, 4th Rounder.

for

Peca

You could substitute the tickets and 4th with $5.5 Million instead

colonel_korn 07-26-2004 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goalienut

How about: not

GKJ 07-26-2004 04:49 PM

Quote:

The Islanders will never do this.

The Flyers will gladly take whatever frusion smoothie anyone wants to give for John LeClair.

CREW99AW 07-26-2004 07:23 PM

Quote:

Isles would want young,cheap talent back.

outKast* 07-26-2004 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CREW99AW

so they can trade them away to other teams who are patient enough to bring out the best of the player. Imagine what kind of team the Islanders would have if they drafted Heatley instead of DiPietro. If they didn't trade Luongo, and the pick that ended up being Spezza. The letting Dick Tarnstrom go who does everything Niinimaa does except you traded Torres away for a type of player you already had. Then they traded Chara. And Torres. Bertuzzi hurts. how many did i miss? Ya gotta love Mad Mike. Man you guys would be freaking annual Stanley Cup conterders.

CREW99AW 07-26-2004 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by outKast
so they can trade them away to other teams who are patient enough to bring out the best of the player. Imagine what kind of team the Islanders would have if they drafted Heatley instead of DiPietro. If they didn't trade Luongo, and the pick that ended up being Spezza. Then they traded Chara. And Torres. Bertuzzi hurts. how many did i miss? Man you guys would be freaking annual Stanley Cup conterders.

No point in crying over what if.

For right now,the isles have a tight budget and will want young,cheap talent back.

goalienut 07-26-2004 08:12 PM

Quote:

Peca for Picard, 2nd?

CREW99AW 07-26-2004 08:20 PM

Quote:

Peca for Picard, 2nd?

since I didn't know much about Picard,I went to the Flyers team page.I think the isles would like someone who's closer to contributing at the nhl level.Picard sounds like a project and the isles already have offensive defensive prospects in Gervais and Campoli,both of whom could be in the ahl this season.

Talent Analysis:
For all of his size, Alexandre Picard has the mindset of a smaller defenseman. The offensive-minded backliner does not hit much and likes to move up on the play. The knock on him among some Quebec League observers is that hes soft physically and top-skating offensive forwards can beat him to the outside and can be forechecked into turnovers, despite his stellar plus-minus rating in 2002-2003.
Central Scouting's reports, however, praise Picard's positional savvy, work habits and ability to log significant minutes as well as his offensive upside. He has been called a potential powerplay defenseman. There are all-around good reports on his shot from the point although there are some who say that his release could be a little quicker.

Future:
Picard has very good raw potential. In some draft years, he would have been a high second round pick, given his size, heavy shot and decent stats in a good junior program. However, he has a lot of learning to do and he may never be physical enough to please observers who don't care for big guys who "play small." His offensive responsibilities should increase in 2003-2004.

goalienut 07-26-2004 08:39 PM

Quote:

since I didn't know much about Picard,I went to the Flyers team page.I think the isles would like someone who's closer to contributing at the nhl level.Picard sounds like a project and the isles already have offensive defensive prospects in Gervais and Campoli,both of whom could be in the ahl this season.

Talent Analysis:
For all of his size, Alexandre Picard has the mindset of a smaller defenseman. The offensive-minded backliner does not hit much and likes to move up on the play. The knock on him among some Quebec League observers is that hes soft physically and top-skating offensive forwards can beat him to the outside and can be forechecked into turnovers, despite his stellar plus-minus rating in 2002-2003.
Central Scouting's reports, however, praise Picard's positional savvy, work habits and ability to log significant minutes as well as his offensive upside. He has been called a potential powerplay defenseman. There are all-around good reports on his shot from the point although there are some who say that his release could be a little quicker.

Future:
Picard has very good raw potential. In some draft years, he would have been a high second round pick, given his size, heavy shot and decent stats in a good junior program. However, he has a lot of learning to do and he may never be physical enough to please observers who don't care for big guys who "play small." His offensive responsibilities should increase in 2003-2004.

That was the only D prospect I was fimilar with. Maybe Somik, picard, 6th or 7th?

CREW99AW 07-26-2004 08:56 PM

Quote:

That was the only D prospect I was fimilar with. Maybe Somik, picard, 6th or 7th?

as overwhelming as the offer of a 27 yr old checking winger and project defensive prospect is,I'm gonna guess the nyi would pass.

Unless Snow takes a major paycut he won't return and I'm expecting either Aucoin or Hamrlik to be dealt and a cheaper,crease clearer to be bought in.

Snow,Aucoin and Peca are probably the 3 biggest leaders on the team.If Snow and Aucoin go,I doubt the isles move Peca.

Winston Wolf 07-26-2004 09:03 PM

Flyers really don't have much use for Peca, anyways.

Centers:
Roenick
Handzus
Primeau
Sharp
Carter

Clarke is also reportedly still trying to sign Zhamnov, so we really have no use for another center. Especially a defense-first center with Primeau and Handzus already on the team.

sketchykg 07-26-2004 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by outKast
so they can trade them away to other teams who are patient enough to bring out the best of the player. Imagine what kind of team the Islanders would have if they drafted Heatley instead of DiPietro. If they didn't trade Luongo, and the pick that ended up being Spezza. The letting Dick Tarnstrom go who does everything Niinimaa does except you traded Torres away for a type of player you already had. Then they traded Chara. And Torres. Bertuzzi hurts. how many did i miss? Ya gotta love Mad Mike. Man you guys would be freaking annual Stanley Cup conterders.

Boy, you're original.

Islanders trade proposal = dogpile on the Islanders trading history.

outKast* 07-26-2004 09:18 PM

Quote:

No point in crying over what if.

For right now,the isles have a tight budget and will want young,cheap talent back.

No point crying about it really but at least we know that the Islander defintely do have an eye for big game talents. It's just your front office and managerial staff is very poor. You Islander fans shuld do something about this.

CREW99AW 07-26-2004 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyers guy

Centers:
Roenick
Handzus
Primeau
Sharp
Carter

Clarke is also reportedly still trying to sign Zhamnov, so we really have no use for another center. Especially a defense-first center with Primeau and Handzus already on the team.

Is Clark pushing for Zhamnov's return because of uncertainty over Roenick's health?

Winston Wolf 07-26-2004 09:30 PM

Quote:

Is Clark pushing for Zhamnov's return because of uncertainty over Roenick's health?

That could be a contributing factor, but I think Clarke wants Zhamnov signed regardless. Zhamnov is the best playmaking center we've had in a while, so I think he wants Zhamnov back so Roenick can play on his right side. If Roenick doesn't come back then Zhamnov can take his place pretty easily.

Rob Paxon 07-27-2004 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyers guy

Centers:
Roenick
Handzus
Primeau
Sharp
Carter

That's what I was thinking, but for LeClair I'd take him and move whoever needs to be moved, even should it be Peca.

Winston Wolf 07-27-2004 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob_paxon
That's what I was thinking, but for LeClair I'd take him and move whoever needs to be moved, even should it be Peca.

Without a doubt, but it just seemed like the original poster was stuck on sending Peca to the Flyers for no apparent reason.

perin 07-27-2004 02:38 PM

Quote:

That could be a contributing factor, but I think Clarke wants Zhamnov signed regardless. Zhamnov is the best playmaking center we've had in a while, so I think he wants Zhamnov back so Roenick can play on his right side. If Roenick doesn't come back then Zhamnov can take his place pretty easily.
Take it from a Blackhawks fan, Zhamnov can not replace Roenick, two diffent players, two different games

Jon Burke 07-27-2004 02:55 PM

The Isles would NEVER, EVER trade Peca for LeClair! The Isles have a tight budget and would want to move Peca for young, cheap talent if they were to even move him, not an overpaid guy who makes $9 million a year. Peca is their captain and best all-around player, they're not going to dump him to the Flyers for any old hack. They would want something good for him, and while LeClair is still a good enough player, he's aging and has a huge contract. This deal just makes no sense whatsoever.

blah 07-27-2004 02:57 PM

Quote:

Roenick is a RW now. He'll only be playing center if there's an injury.

John Flyers Fan 07-27-2004 03:24 PM

Quote:

More because we lack playmakers. Clarke would prefer to keep Roenick playing the wing.

John Flyers Fan 07-27-2004 03:25 PM

Trade makes no sense for either team.

Flyers have little need for Peca, as they're set with Handzus and Primeau as their 2nd/3rd line centers.

While LeClair may fit nicely with Yashin, it makes no sense with the Isles budget.