HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Toronto-Nashville (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=938291)

Pen13 06-29-2011 10:09 PM

Toronto-Nashville

Toronto:
Ryan Ellis

Nashville:
Clarke MacArthur
Jerry D'amigo

I Will Son 06-29-2011 10:12 PM

ill pass

leafmon 06-29-2011 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pen13 (Post 34330807)
Toronto:
Ryan Ellis

Nashville:
Clarke MacArthur
Jerry D'amigo

Not gonna happen.

Viqsi 06-29-2011 10:20 PM

Clarke MacArthur has become the new Tomas Kaberle.

caps8 06-29-2011 10:22 PM

Probably the worst value for Ryan Ellis I have seen.

headsigh 06-29-2011 10:24 PM

I believe OP is confused and still believes Dan Ellis plays for the Preds I guess

Pen13 06-29-2011 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ovechkin1 (Post 34331519)
Probably the worst value for Ryan Ellis I have seen.

Just saw ur last proposal go take a lap princess hop off the caps

Loso 06-29-2011 10:26 PM

Oh good. It's February again.

PhiladelphiaKessel 06-29-2011 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viqsi (Post 34331395)
Clarke MacArthur has become the new Tomas Kaberle.

this. why are all leaf fans always putting him into every proposal? That in itself has diminished his value on these boards.

thadd 06-29-2011 10:34 PM

It would be pretty funny if us fans were actually the general manager... or if Burke got fired and his replacement was the world's best player at the EA series of hockey games.

"I don't understand the hockey world anymore. I keep plugging these trades in on the latest EA game... sometimes it even says I'm overpaying but our here in the real world they just don't work for some reason."

Confound 06-29-2011 10:35 PM

Big NO from Nashville.

AtlantaWhaler 06-29-2011 10:37 PM

That is really bad.

letowskie 06-29-2011 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pen13 (Post 34330807)
Toronto:
Ryan Ellis

Nashville:
Clarke MacArthur
Jerry D'amigo

Wow, only Toronto fans can propose ridiculous junk like such.

Loso 06-29-2011 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by letowskie (Post 34333043)
Wow, only Toronto fans can propose ridiculous junk like such.

Sure, judge us all by the new guy that none of us have seen before with 10 posts to his credit. :facepalm:

leafsfuture 06-29-2011 11:24 PM

Is it just me or does not one have a clue how player value works.

Neither teams would do this, and both teams are justified.

Ryan Ellis is not that great a commodity. Anyone who has seen him play in the OHL knows that while he eats minutes and plays with his heart, he is a positional liability defensively. For all the position genious he has in the offensive zone, his lack of it on D makes up for it. He plays way to agressive on D, trying to go man on man, and he isnt big enough. Hes not fast enough to beat bigger guys to pucks, and when he doesnt have the puck he can panik in big situations..... this is at the OHL level. Done get me wrong, offensively he is as good as they come, but hes not going to be a 20 minute defenceman in this league.

As for Mac, he had the most points on one of the top 4 lines in the NHL last season. His vision on the ice is good, and he also has a good wrist shot. Anyone who saw Mac last season knows that he produced on just about ever line he played on. If he went to Nashville he would instantly become their best playmaker... yes better than Legwand. Of course he has flaws. He is so far a one season wonder, and he is an RFA who will want a big raise after being grossly underpaid last season for what he did.

Neither team does this because nether team needs what the other is offering. Leafs have Blacker, Gardiner now Percy.... we dont need D, unless its a star.

Nashville doesnt need a second liner, with much to lose. They need offence.

Machinehead 06-29-2011 11:24 PM

A big fat GTFO from Nashville.

token grinder 06-29-2011 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leafsfuture (Post 34334967)

Ryan Ellis is not that great a commodity. Anyone who has seen him play in the OHL knows that while he eats minutes and plays with his heart, he is a positional liability defensively. For all the position genious he has in the offensive zone, his lack of it on D makes up for it. He plays way to agressive on D, trying to go man on man, and he isnt big enough. Hes not fast enough to beat bigger guys to pucks, and when he doesnt have the puck he can panik in big situations..... this is at the OHL level. Done get me wrong, offensively he is as good as they come, but hes not going to be a 20 minute defenceman in this league.

As for Mac, he had the most points on one of the top 4 lines in the NHL last season. His vision on the ice is good, and he also has a good wrist shot. Anyone who saw Mac last season knows that he produced on just about ever line he played on. If he went to Nashville he would instantly become their best playmaker... yes better than Legwand. Of course he has flaws. He is so far a one season wonder, and he is an RFA who will want a big raise after being grossly underpaid last season for what he did.

Neither team does this because nether team needs what the other is offering. Leafs have Blacker, Gardiner now Percy.... we dont need D, unless its a star.

the fact you think legwand is nashville's best playmaker discredits the whole post

Connor McJesus 06-29-2011 11:48 PM

Quote:

Hahahahahahahahahhaha

I Will Son 06-29-2011 11:51 PM

Quote:

:shakehead

predfan24 06-30-2011 12:10 AM

Quote:

Ryan Ellis is not that great a commodity.

Stopped reading right there. Your personal feelings about Ellis aside there is no denying he has good value. In fact it was reported by several outlets we had traded Ellis for Boston's 9th pick in the draft but [possibly pulled out because Couturier had been picked. Would Macarthur and D'amigo have pulled that deal off? I don't think so.

baton elevated 06-30-2011 12:36 AM

Sounds very similar to Ian White. Same size, same credentials.

Connor McJesus 06-30-2011 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baton elevated (Post 34338621)
Sounds very similar to Ian White. Same size, same credentials.

Leafs fans hype a guy like Ian White the way a guy like Ryan Ellis should be hyped.

IceDogsandLeafs 06-30-2011 12:42 AM

Quote:

This about sums it all up

Gardiner Express 06-30-2011 12:43 AM

Pen13, this is like the 4th thread I've seen from you today, I don't like to see people get flamed, but your proposals aren't that great.

stavs 06-30-2011 12:55 AM

i don't think he'll be as good in the NHL. He's a great OHL and junior player, but playing against men is a whole different story. He's Small, slow, not tough and will need to make a huge transition to the speed of the NHL if he wants to compete for a job. All i see him bringing is some offense and having a good vision to make plays, maybe some time on the PP but would be a huge defensive liability. I cant see him developing into anything better than a 4-6 d-man in the league. I'd rather keep Mac and hope he can continue at a 50-60 point pace.