HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Where will Allison go? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=93845)

Sting 07-26-2004 08:15 PM

Where will Allison go?

Well, after seeing the TSN report saying that he is getting better and is back on the ice, which team do you think will sign him?

I am thinking he will go for the big contract. There will obviously be a lot of interest, and TSN reported that 10 teams including the Kings are interested. Honestly, I don't think the Kings will sign him. They're trying to get Palffy back, but I don't think they can afford both of them.

I would not be surprised if Detroit or the Rangers went after him. Personally, I'd love to see him as a Sen. He is everything we need, but will Melnyk dish out the big bucks?

Bergeron47 07-26-2004 08:17 PM

Hopefully Edmonton. Check out my avatar, he looks good in an Oil jersey

Patty Ice 07-26-2004 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bergeron47
Hopefully Edmonton. Check out my avatar, he looks good in an Oil jersey

He looks like a pinhead in your avatar

straka82 07-26-2004 10:22 PM

ANywhere but L.A. He is a cancer. Lots of money for a band-aid.

Tap on the Ankle 07-26-2004 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hero of Tragedy
He looks like a pinhead in your avatar

Look who's talking!

gvkmedia 07-26-2004 10:54 PM

I know...

He will be back in Boston.....
Flame away.

sunb 07-26-2004 11:02 PM

I think Toronto is a good bet and Allison is a hometown boy. The Leafs might get one of Lindros or Allison, but not both imo. Philly is also a perfect fit for him only if Zhamnov does resign. Sure the Flyers have great many centers but if they lose Zhamnov, I think Clarke might give Allison a chance giving him limited ice-time or switching him to wing to avoid injuries. Another possible destination is St. Louis as I don't see them writhling away that easily. Having Allison and Weight would give them a strong one-two punch with the absence of Demitra. Atlanta should definitely look into signing him too to center Kovalchuk and Heatley.

Onion Boy 07-26-2004 11:09 PM

The Rangers are desperately looking for a top-line center and would probably be willing to risk it. Sather has a recent history of taking on comeback players (e.g. Lindros, Berard)

sunb 07-26-2004 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jovanovski = Norris
I think Toronto is a good bet and Allison is a hometown boy. The Leafs might get one of Lindros or Allison, but not both imo. Philly is also a perfect fit for him only if Zhamnov does resign. Sure the Flyers have great many centers but if they lose Zhamnov, I think Clarke might give Allison a chance giving him limited ice-time or switching him to wing to avoid injuries. Another possible destination is St. Louis as I don't see them writhling away that easily. Having Allison and Weight would give them a strong one-two punch with the absence of Demitra. Atlanta should definitely look into signing him too to center Kovalchuk and Heatley.

I'd also like to see Vancouver jump on him if the deal is right. We could move Bertuzzi down to the second line as he dominated with the Sedins two years ago and move Morrison to wing because of his speed. You'd have two solid lines looking like:

Naslund - Allison - Morrison
Sedin - Sedin - Bertuzzi

leafaholix* 07-26-2004 11:25 PM

I just saw an interview with Jason Allison on The Score and they said that as many as 15 teams have contacted his agent. Allison said he won't be ready to start the season, but he's dying to play. He also said he's feeling "great".

He's in Sarnia, Ontario for Mike Weir's charity golf tournament.

The Bob Cole 07-26-2004 11:30 PM

I heard the Oilers would be a top option for him because they are able to offer a #1 centre position. :dunno:

leafaholix* 07-26-2004 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toddzilla44
I heard the Oilers would be a top option for him because they are able to offer a #1 centre position. :dunno:

If the Oilers are depending on Allison to play as the #1 centre without a very strong #2 and 3, they're in trouble.

I think Toronto would be a great option because he would be the #3 centre to start the season and would later have a chance to play ahead of Nieuwendyk as the #2 centre. The wingers on line 3 look to be Tucker and Nolan, so it would be fewer minutes, but with great wingers.

sunb 07-27-2004 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leafaholix
If the Oilers are depending on Allison to play as the #1 centre without a very strong #2 and 3, they're in trouble.

I think Toronto would be a great option because he would be the #3 centre to start the season and would later have a chance to play ahead of Nieuwendyk as the #2 centre. The wingers on line 3 look to be Tucker and Nolan, so it would be fewer minutes, but with great wingers.

Edmonton has a solid top six in Smyth, Dvorak, Nedved, Torres, York and Hemsky. Horcoff, Moreau and Stoll are good third liners and Isbister is still an enigma. Laraque is a great enforcer and Pisani is a good 4th liner. They even have Rita waiting to be called up. The Oilers need Allison as a #1 center because they have the #2's and #3's ready but is waiting for a dominating presence in the middle they've sorely missed ever since Weight left.

Ensane 07-27-2004 12:19 AM

I don't care where he goes (although Colorado would be nice ;) ), I just hope he regains his old form. If that's the case, the Eastern Conference would be preferred. But I just want to enjoy watching him play again. It was tough to like watching him so much considering he was playing for the Kings around the time when a pseudo-rivalry was brewing.

Frolov 07-27-2004 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvkmedia
He will be back in Boston.....
Flame away.

Did Thornton sign yet? :)

Law Dawg 07-27-2004 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jovanovski = Norris
I'd also like to see Vancouver jump on him if the deal is right. We could move Bertuzzi down to the second line as he dominated with the Sedins two years ago and move Morrison to wing because of his speed. You'd have two solid lines looking like:

Naslund - Allison - Morrison
Sedin - Sedin - Bertuzzi

Of course that is if Nonis wasn't telling the truth about not chasing UFAs and that is also contingent on Allison taking either a short term or incentive laden deal to make him affordable. With his concussion history it would be a big risk to spend whatever money the team has left on a guy like Allison ......

big_dan 07-27-2004 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fisher
Look who's talking!

HAHAHAHAHA thats jokes man and sooo tru :lol :yo: