HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Why won't Slats buy out Redden? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=938855)

CF Punk 06-30-2011 11:36 AM

Why won't Slats buy out Redden?
 
I realize his obese salary...but why is Slats so opposed to buying out Redden? Did I miss something?

Inferno 06-30-2011 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Geno (Post 34358013)
I realize his obese salary...but why is Slats so opposed to buying out Redden? Did I miss something?

Salary Cap.

you buy out Redden he's on the salary cap for the next like 6 years or something. you bury him in the minors he doesnt count against it at all.

Tawnos 06-30-2011 11:39 AM

Cap hit of nearly $2m for 3 seasons after his contract would've already expired. Cap hit of over $3m for 2 years of 3 that he would've been on the books anyway.

It's not worth it... yet. If he's still on the books in the last year of his deal, he will be bought out. Maybe even in the last two years, but I somehow doubt that.

For a deal that exires in 2014:

2011-12: $1,833,333
2012-13: $3,333,333
2013-14: $3,333,333
2014-15: $1,833,333
2015-16: $1,833,333
2016-17: $1,833,333

Yuck 06-30-2011 11:39 AM

Because he can (he doesn't have a NMC) and if he did that cap hit would be around for many many years...

Drury is only 2 years of a cap hit so its easier to stomach... plus with his NMC he had no choice.

CF Punk 06-30-2011 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inferno272 (Post 34358175)
Salary Cap.

you buy out Redden he's on the salary cap for the next like 6 years or something. you bury him in the minors he doesnt count against it at all.

His contract is up in the 2013/14 season.

CF Punk 06-30-2011 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tawnos (Post 34358277)
Cap hit of nearly $2m for 3 seasons after his contract would've already expired. Cap hit of over $3m for 2 years of 3 that he would've been on the books anyway.

It's not worth it... yet. If he's still on the books in the last year of his deal, he will be bought out. Maybe even in the last two years, but I somehow doubt that.

For a deal that exires in 2014:

2011-12: $1,833,333
2012-13: $3,333,333
2013-14: $3,333,333
2014-15: $1,833,333
2015-16: $1,833,333
2016-17: $1,833,333

Thanks for breaking to down what his buy out would look like! Appreciate it.

UAGoalieGuy 06-30-2011 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Geno (Post 34358319)
His contract is up in the 2013/14 season.

Yes but if you buyout a player it counts as 2/3rd's of the total money left over double the remaining years of the contract, or something like that.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* 06-30-2011 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazy Geno (Post 34358319)
His contract is up in the 2013/14 season.


Quote:

On a buyout, the team takes a cap hit for a percentage of the buyout value (according to a very complex formula) spread over twice the length of the remaining contract years.
2016-2017 - How long Redden's cap hit will affect us if we bough him out.

Why the hell would anyone want dead-cap-space for the next 6 season's when they can just, keep his ass in Hartford.

pld459666 06-30-2011 11:52 AM

Also, what is money to Dolan?

And when the next CBA is settled upon, I would expect another round of amnesty buyouts....Redden is all over that.

vipernsx 06-30-2011 12:22 PM

Redden has no cap hit in the minors, while a buyout affects the cap. There's no reason to buy him out.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:18 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.