HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Speculation: Who Plays Left Wing??? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=941239)

Clowes Line 07-02-2011 10:22 AM

Who Plays Left Wing???
 
So yesterday with all the Brad Richards stuff going on, there was a lot of speculation/rumors that we would be trading for a "legit" Left Winger. Now that we signed Bradley Glenn Richards (his middle name is Glenn, obviously he chose us) the speculation begins.

Who do you think the Rangers will/could/should trade for and what assets need to be given up.

Let the partying/speculation begin!

CH2 07-02-2011 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident (Post 34526413)
So yesterday with all the Brad Richards stuff going on, there was a lot of speculation/rumors that we would be trading for a "legit" Left Winger. Now that we signed Bradley Glenn Richards (his middle name is Glenn, obviously he chose us) the speculation begins.

Who do you think the Rangers will/could/should trade for and what assets need to be given up.

Let the partying/speculation begin!

Wolski, Boyle, Zuccarello for Booth

Florida gets 3 NHLers and salary to hit the floor.

Bluenote13 07-02-2011 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident (Post 34526413)
So yesterday with all the Brad Richards stuff going on, there was a lot of speculation/rumors that we would be trading for a "legit" Left Winger. Now that we signed Bradley Glenn Richards (his middle name is Glenn, obviously he chose us) the speculation begins.

Who do you think the Rangers will/could/should trade for and what assets need to be given up.

Let the partying/speculation begin!

Theres already a free agent thread, stop and think before you post every five seconds:D

Clowes Line 07-02-2011 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluenote13 (Post 34526571)
Theres already a free agent thread, stop and think before you post every five seconds:D

I did think, but we aren't signing free agents for the LW, we are "trading for one". This is a thread for the sole purpose of addressing that, I don't want this topic getting tossed around and lost in the other threads. I felt this thread was appropriate

ecemleafs 07-02-2011 10:26 AM

Stamkos

Jaromir Jagr 07-02-2011 10:28 AM

Wolski will have the first shot, assuming he isn't getting bought out for a superior player.

If not Wolski, Dubinsky.

FutureGM97 07-02-2011 10:28 AM

Now things get real interesting...with the big fish out of the water its time things go fast again.

Punxrocknyc19* 07-02-2011 10:29 AM

i want anthony stewart. can use more grit with skill on the top 3 lines. 6'2 220 power forwards are hard to find. he has been inconsistent but the skill is there.

Vitto79 07-02-2011 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident (Post 34526679)
I did think, but we aren't signing free agents for the LW, we are "trading for one". This is a thread for the sole purpose of addressing that, I don't want this topic getting tossed around and lost in the other threads. I felt this thread was appropriate

if we merge this we merge this

my two cents, Dubinsky, Wolski, Boyle, Avery is the LW depth. Zuccarello and Fedotenko could sneak in there as well

IF Glen doesnt have a deal but he often has something up his sleeve
I would look towards a cap floor team where we can send Wolski,prospect like Vtank , 2nd rounder

beastly115 07-02-2011 10:34 AM

No to Booth. He's been a shell of his former self after his concussion. He is a player where he is truly not the same after that hit.

We don't need two wingers with injury problems.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Slats make a move for Hemsky (is he even LW?).

FutureGM97 07-02-2011 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlphaQUp (Post 34527499)
No to Booth. He's been a shell of his former self after his concussion. He is a player where he is truly not the same after that hit.

We don't need two wingers with injury problems.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Slats make a move for Hemsky (is he even LW?).

I thought you said you didn't want another winger with injury problems?

Dredden 07-02-2011 10:36 AM

From yesterday:

NYDNRangers Jesse Spector
If #NYR able to land Richards, hearing they may seek scoring LW via trade. FA would be unlikely, especially given market.

NYDNRangers Jesse Spector
Haven't heard any specific LW targets for #NYR... just that they would want one to complete potential Richards-Gaborik line.

Bluenote13 07-02-2011 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident (Post 34526679)
I did think, but we aren't signing free agents for the LW, we are "trading for one". This is a thread for the sole purpose of addressing that, I don't want this topic getting tossed around and lost in the other threads. I felt this thread was appropriate

Sorry, you post so much it makes me dizzy. SLOW IT DOWN MAN - Dennis Hopper

azrok22 07-02-2011 10:37 AM

From what we have right now:

Dubinsky.

Need someone physical, solid defensively, and willing to grind in the corners/go to the net with Richards and Gaborik.

Hemsky would be a terrible acquisition to play with those two.

Vitto79 07-02-2011 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azrok22 (Post 34527767)
From what we have right now:

Dubinsky.

Need someone physical, solid defensively, and willing to grind in the corners/go to the net with Richards and Gaborik.

Hemsky would be a terrible acquisition to play with those two.

yea Richards did well with Neal and Dubinsky I could see doing very well with BR and Gabby as he adds grit

I like the idea of Booth but wonder the cost.

Look to cap floor teams that would take on Wolski's contract

Jumbo* 07-02-2011 10:42 AM

I honestly think Gange will be signed by us now....plenty of cap room for him.

beastly115 07-02-2011 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FutureGM97 (Post 34527587)
I thought you said you didn't want another winger with injury problems?

Haha, I don't. But I still think Slats will go for him. It's Edmonton. High risk high reward. Has Sather written all over it.

Inferno 07-02-2011 10:46 AM

For me..

Target #1: Evander Kane
Target #2: Jarome Iginla
Target #3: Alexander Semin
Target #4: Paul Stastny (youd have to move one of these 2 to winger)
Target #5: Jason Spezza (same as above)

if you cant get any of those guys, then stand pat. and im not thrilled about Spezza to be honest.

Vitto79 07-02-2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inferno272 (Post 34528469)
For me..

Target #1: Evander Kane
Target #2: Jarome Iginla
Target #3: Alexander Semin
Target #4: Paul Stastny (youd have to move one of these 2 to winger)
Target #5: Jason Spezza (same as above)

if you cant get any of those guys, then stand pat. and im not thrilled about Spezza to be honest.

you guys think the Blues may move McDonald to us?

He does get hurt alot but they have space to take Wolski back, after that we would have to send a prospect like Valentenko , high pick maybe.............just a name I thought of

SERE 24 07-02-2011 10:51 AM

I actually bet we could get James Neal off the Penguins for an acceptable price.

Neal - Richards - Gaborik
Dubinsky - Anisimov - Callahan

beastly115 07-02-2011 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prustqvist24 (Post 34528861)
I actually bet we could get James Neal off the Penguins for an acceptable price.

Neal - Richards - Gaborik
Dubinsky - Anisimov - Callahan

Extremely highly doubtful.

Neal was brought in to ride shotgun to Crosby. I don't think they've even had a chance to play together yet. No chance they trade him before that. To a division rival no less.

If we do make a trade, it will probably be for a low tier 1st liner guy.. Similar to a Booth or Neal, just not either of them.

DaBadGuy7 07-02-2011 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Healthy Scratch (Post 34528171)
I honestly think Gange will be signed by us now....plenty of cap room for him.

That exactly who I think Sather will target now

Vitto79 07-02-2011 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBadGuy7 (Post 34529583)
That exactly who I think Sather will target now

I think Gagne goes to LA to play with Mike R, former linemates

I like McDonald as a trade target from STL

I don't think they should sign anyone. Sign our own RFAs and if they can make a deal that involves Wolski for another LW then fine but if not just give WW a shot, Dubinsky, Boyle

NYGBleedBlueNYR 07-02-2011 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBadGuy7 (Post 34529583)
That exactly who I think Sather will target now

I think it's a trade. They locked up Feds & rupp for bottom 6.

We're gonna move a LD IMO.

offdacrossbar 07-02-2011 11:07 AM

pretty sure we want some size and snarl with talent to join gaby and br on the left side.

dubi can bring that somewhat. wolski cannot

theres one more piece missing and i expect it to be filled. that means trade, so prepare for some pain if that happens peeps.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:49 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.