HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Expectations (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=941281)

Tony D63 07-02-2011 10:59 AM

Expectations

Now that we signed Richards what are your expectations?

4th-5th in eastern coference.
IF healthy Gabby nets 48-54
Richards gets 55+ assists around 90 points
Cally score 24-28 goals
Stepan reaches the level of elite getting over 75 points
Thomas scores 25-40 points
Hanke gets another 10 shutout year and venza nominee

Tawnos 07-02-2011 11:02 AM

If everything goes right for this team, we're talking about a group that will probably be contending for first in the division.

General expectation is that this should be a legitimate playoff team instead of a bubble one.

Things could still easily go very wrong.

SomebodySaveKreider 07-02-2011 11:04 AM

I'm not sure, but the team got A LOT better today.

Florida Ranger 07-02-2011 11:07 AM

I pray we stay healthy first and foremost.

turcotte8 07-02-2011 11:09 AM

82-0 regular season
16-0 playoffs
Stanley Cup

for the next 9 years...

:sarcasm::naughty:

Florida Ranger 07-02-2011 11:10 AM

I'm keeping my expectations low than most probably.

I say we make the playoffs. We'll contend for the Atlantic along with Philly and Pittsburgh, but I think Pitt wins it.

We'll finish betweent 4th-7th.

Gabby and Richards hit 70+ points. I'm not going overboard.

broadwayblue 07-02-2011 11:10 AM

5th in the East...with a shot at 4th and home ice for the 1st round.

NYRangers16 07-02-2011 11:11 AM

Top 3 in the East...if this team can't win the division and compete for the top spot then what would we need to do? I can't imagine any improvements other than a PP shot(Babchuk) or a legit top LW...but those things shouldn't keep us from the top wih our D and goaltending

HockeyBasedNYC 07-02-2011 11:11 AM

the east is getting better every day. Especially the Atlantic. Going to be tough to win the division, but this definitely makes the Rangers a higher playoff team imo, one that could contend for home ice.

Listen, A lot of teams will compete for conference next season.

BOS - you gotta give them the top spot, they won the friggin cup.
PIT - With a healthy Crosby and Malkin a great move with Sullivan they will be dangerous again.
TB - Pretty damn good last season, and theyll be there again - except they are getting older. (St. Louis and Lecavalier
NJD - With a healthy Parise and the way they finished last season, watch out. Suspect goaltending though.
PHI - I have no idea what to make of this team. Could be really good, could be completely out of sorts. A large turnover takes a while to generate chemistry but the have some talent and a goalie now.
WASH - made some good moves and they are always at the top.
MON - They are just as good as any of these teams imo, Price is another year developed and Cole was a nice addition to their system.
BUF - they arent done yet. Complete retool and they have a goalie whos coming off a sub-par year. They are going to be a tough squad to play against.

And then you have the Rangers. I dont think you can put them in the Cup conversation yet. Theyve definitely improved and if the defense grows up a little more and provides some offense - plus Hank does his usual thing... i dont see why they cant make a run.

But the parity in this league is striking. Any one of those teams has a shot to get hot at the right time imo. and im leaving off the Canes who have a guy in Ward who can single handedly do it all himself.

DutchShamrock 07-02-2011 11:12 AM

Cup contention

Loffen 07-02-2011 11:12 AM

Playoffs.

Ollie Queen 07-02-2011 11:17 AM

Gaborik: 71 games 38 goals 73 points
Richards: 26 goals 80 points
Dubinsky: 21 goals 58 points
Callahan: 22 goals 55 points
Anisimov: 20 goals 51 points
Stepan: 22 goals 58 points

Trying to keep the expectations on the modest side. I expect us to finish between 4th and 7th in the East; my money is 5/6.

FutureGM97 07-02-2011 11:18 AM

Not going to make any expectations until this summer is over.

Florida Ranger 07-02-2011 11:19 AM

I'll see if they're Cup Contenders by February next year.

Gotta watch how the team plays.

If Stepan and Anisimov stay at 40+ points. That's great support.

Dubinsky will hit his 50+ points.

Cally's still iffy to me. I love the dude. I guess his style of play doesn't allow me to fully believe he can score at a 60 point pace.

BlueshirtBlitz 07-02-2011 11:19 AM

Pit's still the best team in the division with a healthy Crosby.

I think we can be second in the Atlantic, 4th-6th in the conference.

KingWantsCup 07-02-2011 11:19 AM

4th or 5th in the east. I've never predicted our team to be as high as on home ice before, but I believe in a healthy year it can happen now. Only Pittsburgh will finish ahead of us. With another major talent and Babchuck we'll be in a great position for a legit cup run.

Tawnos 07-02-2011 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC (Post 34530465)
the east is getting better every day. Especially the Atlantic. Going to be tough to win the division, but this definitely makes the Rangers a higher playoff team imo, one that could contend for home ice.

Listen, A lot of teams will compete for conference next season.

BOS - you gotta give them the top spot, they won the friggin cup.
PIT - With a healthy Crosby and Malkin a great move with Sullivan they will be dangerous again.
TB - Pretty damn good last season, and theyll be there again - except they are getting older. (St. Louis and Lecavalier
NJD - With a healthy Parise and the way they finished last season, watch out. Suspect goaltending though.
PHI - I have no idea what to make of this team. Could be really good, could be completely out of sorts. A large turnover takes a while to generate chemistry but the have some talent and a goalie now.
WASH - made some good moves and they are always at the top.
MON - They are just as good as any of these teams imo, Price is another year developed and Cole was a nice addition to their system.
BUF - they arent done yet. Complete retool and they have a goalie whos coming off a sub-par year. They are going to be a tough squad to play against.

And then you have the Rangers. I dont think you can put them in the Cup conversation yet. Theyve definitely improved and if the defense grows up a little more and provides some offense - plus Hank does his usual thing... i dont see why they cant make a run.

But the parity in this league is striking. Any one of those teams has a shot to get hot at the right time imo. and im leaving off the Canes who have a guy in Ward who can single handedly do it all himself.

Decent analysis there. I personally think the Devils are more like their first half than their second and they fell back to earth pretty hard in the last two weeks of the year. I think they'll be better than the first half of last year, but I don't think they're a playoff team.

Blue Line Monster 07-02-2011 11:23 AM

So many question marks with Gaborik that next years team could easily be 1 top line player, a couple 2nd liners and a bunch of bottom 6 players like last years team. If it wasn't for being one of the best at shootouts that team wasn't even in the playoffs last year.. Definitely not buying Cup contenders. Good step in the right direction though.

Mr Atoz* 07-02-2011 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA (Post 34530171)
I pray we stay healthy first and foremost.

That and a token used to get you on the subway.

broadwayblue 07-02-2011 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz (Post 34530945)
Pit's still the best team in the division with a healthy Crosby.

I think we can be second in the Atlantic, 4th-6th in the conference.

Guess we'll just have to have Rupp knock his block off. lol

NYR Sting 07-02-2011 11:29 AM

TOP LEVEL

PIT - Best team in the East if healthy by a significant amount.
TB - Assuming Stamkos is signed, they should be a top 5 team in the East all year.
WSH - Top 5 team in the East. Tough battle with TB to win division.
BOS - Should be the best team in the Northeast again.

JUST BELOW

NYR - Best team other than those 4, IMO.

ONE MORE STEP DOWN (in no particular order)

PHI - Tough call right now. Still a good team, but I think the Rangers are better now.
NJ - They should be right there with Philly.
BUF - Just as good if not better as either PHI or NJ

Everyone else in the East is a step down from these 8 teams, including MTL. Barring injuries, I think it's pretty clear that PIT, TB, WSH, BOS, NYR, NJ, PHI, BUF are the best 8 teams in the East. I don't think MTL makes the playoffs next year, but that might just be wishful thinking (**** you, Gomez). I like Cole a lot, but I don't think he's going to do all that well on that team. If Markov gets hurt again...watch out, things will get tough for them.

Krampus 07-02-2011 11:36 AM

Gaby 40/80
Richards 30/80
Cally & Dubie 30/60
Stepan & Anisimov 20/50

4/5th in Conference, and go to ECF

Inferno 07-02-2011 11:39 AM

im thinking Richards nabs us 10 more points in the standings. so right around 5th in the east.

Inferno 07-02-2011 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nils2317 (Post 34532181)
Gaby 40/80
Richards 30/80
Cally & Dubie 30/60
Stepan & Anisimov 20/50

4/5th in Conference, and go to ECF

last year the Rangers had 1 player score over 50 pts...this year youre saying we'll have 6? with 2 guys at 80?

thats 1st in the conference buddy.

Miamipuck 07-02-2011 11:43 AM

Optimistically, a tier better than last year. Instead of 7-10 probably middle of the playoff road, @ 4-7.

Serious Cup contenders? I don't think so.