HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Preds-Rangers Trade Minor Deal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=941321)

markie8002000 07-02-2011 11:22 AM

Preds-Rangers Trade Minor Deal

Nashville Acquires Brodie Dupont For Andreas Thuresson to Rangers

http://predators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=568291

Suter x 20 07-02-2011 11:23 AM

"Nashville Predators President of Hockey Operations/General Manager David Poile announced today that the club has acquired restricted free agent forward Brodie Dupont from the New York Rangers in exchange for restricted free agent forward Andreas Thuresson."

Link can be found here.

Andreas Thuresson:

- Stats
- Pos: RW
- Height: 6'1
- Weight: 211 lbs

Brodie Dupont:

- Stats
- Pos: LW
- Height: 6'2
- Weight: 210 lbs

alexmanu 07-02-2011 11:24 AM

meh...I have never heard of Dupont. Anyone know about him?

PredsV82 07-02-2011 11:27 AM

Typical poile depth move. Thuresson already had his chance.

predatorsfan2015 07-02-2011 11:38 AM

Woah, Calm down David.

kypredsfan 07-02-2011 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hohenwaldpredfan (Post 34532361)
Woah, Calm down David.

:laugh:

OpenWheel 07-02-2011 11:50 AM

Maybe he's our Joel Ward replacement. :sarcasm: Supposedly not all that skilled but strong and gets goals in front of the net. Not bad AHL goal numbers. Seems worth Thuresson for a change of scenery try. Maybe someday he'll get a look here up from Milwaukee.

Welcome to the organization Brodie. Good luck!

cleangene 07-02-2011 11:51 AM

Since over half the Milwaukee players will be in Nashville, this is the first of many moves to pad the ADS roster (hmmmmm, since PLAYERS are being brought up from MIL., isn't there a young, exciting new COACH there now as well??).

BourqueBourqueBork 07-02-2011 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdm18 (Post 34531247)
"Nashville Predators President of Hockey Operations/General Manager David Poile announced today that the club has acquired restricted free agent forward Brodie Dupont from the New York Rangers in exchange for restricted free agent forward Andreas Thuresson."

Link can be found here.

Andreas Thuresson:

- Stats
- Pos: RW
- Height: 6'1
- Weight: 211 lbs

Brodie Dupont:

- Stats
- Pos: LW
- Height: 6'2
- Weight: 210 lbs

They seem to be nearly identical as far as size and AHL production...the only things I picked up on as far as differences are penalty minutes (Dupont has a good 2-3x as many) and the fact that Dupont is a left hand shot LW.

Thuresson has more NHL experience...but considering that he hasn't really done crap with that time, I don't think it means that much.

CDNRGRFANHUH 07-02-2011 01:06 PM

Dupont

Dupont is a hard nosed power forward. He is versatile and can play any forward position. He is listed as a LW but played the entire year at center for Hartford when they had injury's. Also played the off wing a few years back when he played with Anisimov and Parenteau.

He isn't the best skater on the ice but has improved quite a bit since turning pro. He can make up for that by getting his nose dirty in the corners or in front of the net. Not shy to drop the gloves, but maybe not the best fighter. Could be a 4th liner and at very best 3rd liner. Can get the puck to the goal scorers from the tough areas and can sometimes put the puck in the net. He has played on lines with some great players over the years. Played with Getzlaf and Ladd in CGY during the lockout, and Parenteau and Anisimov in Hartford.

Unfortunately he only got 1 real sniff at the NHL in NY, with very limited ice time in that game. For some reason the organization liked him enough to Restrict him but not enough to give him a chance even in an exhibition game. At one point they put and East Coaster/Central leaguer Matt McCue in the lineup instead of one of their 3rd round draft picks.

Lets hope the change of scenery will be something good for Dupont and the Preds organization.

OpenWheel 07-02-2011 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CDNRGRFANHUH (Post 34537717)
Not shy to drop the gloves, but maybe not the best fighter.

Thanks for the scouting report. He sounds useful.

Yeah, I watched several of his fights already, hoping to see a great fighter. But all I saw was that he held his own. Several times he landed his right hand with the announcers gushing about it, but I noticed the other guy didn't actually seem too harmed by the "solid right". So I guess he won't make the NHL as a fighter, but he isn't shy, and he fights ok. Didn't look like other decent sized guys would be too worried though. Maybe not a really strong punch but from the wrestling matches I watched it does look like he has good overall strength. I see why he does some enforcing at the AHL level and he didn't hesitate to protect his guys.

Everlong 07-02-2011 03:49 PM

Meh. Just a depth move. Good to see we're starting to look for the more prototypical power foward to add though. We desperately need size on this team and in the system.

Machinehead 07-02-2011 05:43 PM

I know Dupont, I sat there and watched every game he's ever played with the Rangers...all one of them :sarcasm:

But all joking aside he was good in that game. He's got minimal skill but he's big, powerful, and works hard. Will pot an occasional goal just standing there taking abuse. Fits the Preds mold of grinding out a 2-1 win, and could be an asset as an extra forward or at best a 4th liner. Will get a look in exhibition.

worstfaceoffmanever 07-02-2011 08:28 PM

Not a sexy move, but one that needed to be made. He'll get a shot with the big club in the fall, and will probably stick as a depth forward, if nothing else.