HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Congratulations (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=941517)

Miller30Sabres* 07-02-2011 02:11 PM

Congratulations

Sabres fan here, I come in peace.

Congradulations on getting Brad Richards, we backed out because we signed Ville Leino who was the # 2 best Center on the UFA list

have a good season (we all hate Pittsburgh LOL)

broadwayblue 07-02-2011 02:14 PM

Good luck to you. Should be a great time to be a Sabres fan.

Miller30Sabres* 07-02-2011 02:18 PM

yea it is :-)

good luck to you guys too, maybe we will see each other in the play offs

Machinehead 07-02-2011 02:33 PM

It got a little ugly in the pre-signing threads between some of us and some Sabres fans, but it's in good dirty fun; just like the goons who fight each other all year and then fish together in the offseason. Cause at the end of the day were all fans of this great sport. Thanks for stopping in and best of luck. Let's just hope we both stay healthy so that when we settle it on the ice, we both have our best.

ThisYearsModel 07-02-2011 02:35 PM

Sabres are much improved. Very happy that you guys have an owner worthy of the terrific fan base up there. Good Luck this year.....except against the Rangers!

Miller30Sabres* 07-02-2011 02:37 PM

the only teams I have problems with are the Pens and Flyers, every other team is cool with me.

thanks for your comment

NYR Sting 07-02-2011 02:51 PM

Not a big fan of Leino and I think that signing is very risky, but the Ehrhoff signing (although a little drastic in length) is the big win for Buffalo. He should really improve what I felt was an otherwise mediocre defense, Myers aside.

Stasis 07-02-2011 02:54 PM

It's a wonderful time to be me.

Sabres fan first and foremost, but born and raised in NYC, and always cheering on the Rangers with friends and family back home.

Nice to see my two teams make the moves to get better, and I'm so psyched for this season.

JeffMangum 07-02-2011 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sting36e (Post 34545851)
Not a big fan of Leino and I think that signing is very risky, but the Ehrhoff signing (although a little drastic in length) is the big win for Buffalo. He should really improve what I felt was an otherwise mediocre defense, Myers aside.

The Regehr move was excellent as well. Kinda worried for Gaborik now, can't even count how many players Regehr has taken out. :(

NYR Sting 07-02-2011 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Boyle (Post 34546161)
The Regehr move was excellent as well. Kinda worried for Gaborik now, can't even count how many players Regehr has taken out. :(

Yeah, it was a good move, for sure. But I think it's worth nothing that Regehr's game has declined a tad in recent years. He's still a good player, though.

BlueshirtBlitz 07-02-2011 02:57 PM

RR is the best move the Sabres made, IMO. Gives them a very solid shutdown presence on a defense that should now be solid offensively as well with Tyler Myers and Christian Ehrhoff, even though I'm not a big fan of the Ehrhoff contract at all.

Punxrocknyc19* 07-02-2011 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz (Post 34546327)
RR is the best move the Sabres made, IMO. Gives them a very solid shutdown presence on a defense that should now be solid offensively as well with Tyler Myers and Christian Ehrhoff, even though I'm not a big fan of the Ehrhoff contract at all.

I love Vanek and Stafford. I can't stand Kaleta. Hope buffalo does well and hope buffalo rangers eastern conference final

ap215 07-02-2011 03:04 PM

Thanks your team did good as well with Regehr & Ehrloff good luck.

Mr Forever 07-02-2011 03:11 PM

You're making a thread for an opposing team signing a free agent?

Jesus ****ing christ, it's brad Richards not Wayne Gretzky.

JeffMangum 07-02-2011 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrForever (Post 34547397)
You're making a thread for an opposing team signing a free agent?

Jesus ****ing christ, it's brad Richards not Wayne Gretzky.

Who's this Bane Gretkzy guy? This a thread about Brad Richards, gahl.

But seriously, this is a big deal for us Ranger fans. You have no idea how long it's been since this team has had a legit #1 center. Ironically, that was Gretzky.

bettercallstaal 07-02-2011 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 (Post 34546863)
I love Vanek and Stafford. I can't stand Kaleta. Hope buffalo does well and hope buffalo rangers eastern conference final

I like a lot of players on the buffalo squad. It always seems like we are neck and neck with them come playoff push time.

JeffMangum 07-02-2011 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 (Post 34546863)

Vanek is my 2nd favorite non-Ranger. He's a modern day Dino Cicarelli.

NYRKING30 07-02-2011 03:37 PM

sabres are gonna be deadly this season i think. it will also most likely be that the eastern conference is going to be really fun to watch this season. is it october yet?

satrabyk 07-02-2011 03:46 PM

Sabres should be good team next year, their D is scary good with Myers, RR, Ehrhoff, and the depth guys seem very good from the outside esp Leopold a really solid guy. They are gonna be a good team. It seem to me the East in general is going to be very competetive this year as now Buff could be called a playoff team, Fla looks like they could be there, Rangers, Pitt, Philly, Bos, Wash, Tampa, NJ, Mon, not to mention Tor, Ott who both look ready to get back in the mix for the playoffs. Its going to be a lot of fun and each game is going to be like a playoff game even in Oct with so many strong teams.

Swept In Seven 07-02-2011 07:48 PM

Sabres and Rangers should be good next season. Postseason series between us could be very likely

Vitto79 07-02-2011 08:29 PM

thanks!, p.s. Leino is a winger,lol

ak10r 07-02-2011 08:37 PM

You guys could still sign Drury…… :sarcasm:

Miller will now have a defense he deserves……. Good luck to you guys…..

Jackpot 07-02-2011 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miller30Sabres (Post 34542451)

Congradulations on getting Brad Richards, we backed out because we signed Ville Leino who was the # 2 best Center on the UFA list

That and Richards didn't even consider going to Buffalo EVER...I'm sure they were informed early enough to move along...Not bashing Buffalo (guess I am in a way) but I'm next door, I wouldn't come to this part of the earth if I had a choice. Only reason I'm here is the military, trust me when I say I'm GONE in 24 months never to return !!! EVER!!!:yo:

Mr Atoz* 07-02-2011 09:55 PM

Quote:

If Leino was the number 2 center no wonder Richards was pursued like a water boy in the desert.

beastly115 07-02-2011 10:02 PM

Quote:

Amen.

Good luck to you guys too. And congrats on getting an owner that cares about his team and is willing to put his money where his mouth is.