HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Speculation: Roster Thoughts and Offseason Speculation for the 2011-2012 Season III (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=942007)

Telos 07-02-2011 10:35 PM

Roster Thoughts and Offseason Speculation for the 2011-2012 Season III

Bring the Reign already! I am salivating, the season must start now, I cannot wait to open against the Rangers and that sissy B.Richards! :laugh: GO KINGS! Long Live Flyers West!

Telos 07-02-2011 10:38 PM

This is what Mike Richards thinks of Brad Richards:

Gentle Ben Kenobi 07-02-2011 10:42 PM

So do we do anything else?

Do we sign a depth guy?

Who comes up from the farm?

Who scores the first goal of the season?

Ollie Weeks 07-02-2011 10:44 PM

Chris Kelly-type acquisition at the deadline. That's about it as I see it.

Capn Brown 07-02-2011 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo (Post 34571933)
So do we do anything else?

Do we sign a depth guy?

Who comes up from the farm?

Who scores the first goal of the season?

If we could get him for under $1 million, would you guys want John Madden?

Hendrydoso 07-02-2011 11:26 PM

I hope that we save the cap space remaining(after signing all of our RFA's) and leave some spots for the youth to get their cup 'o coffees maybe a few sticking around out of camp for a while. If they aren't ready then we have lots of assets and we should have the cap space to make some important trades to fill in the gaps.

Knight of the Realm 07-02-2011 11:44 PM

Excited we got Gagne and so soon. Didn't think he'd come out west but Richards and Williams had a big hand.

Altough I think we have become legit contenders, I don't want the fanbase to turn into Vancouver fans and become overconfident. We have the pieces in place but we need to stay healthy and play the games.

Looking forward to an exciting year next year. Starting to have that Gretzky era feel when I look down the roster but also with the hope of a future full of decent prospects in the cupboard.

Hoping that a kid like Holloway, Kozun, or Lokti will make it hard on the coaching staff this camp and will make the team.

Go Kings Go!

Kingsfan1 07-02-2011 11:46 PM

Kings should target Kyle Wellwood to play right wing on the 3rd line

He is 28 years old. Had 13 points in 35 games and was a + 10. Also had 7 points in the playoffs with a + 6 to go along with it.

He competes hard as well and can play right wing or center.

Clifford-Stoll-Wellwood

DO IT DEANO !

Telos 07-02-2011 11:51 PM

Penner-Kopitar-Williams
Gagne-Richards-Brown
Clifford-Stoll-Richardson
Prospect-Lewis-Westgarth
Fraser

Mitchell-Doughty
Johnson-Scuderi
Martinez-Greene
Voynov

Quick
Bernier

I don't think we need to sign anyone else. Those lines look perfect to me.

Knight of the Realm 07-02-2011 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telos (Post 34574569)
Penner-Kopitar-Williams
Gagne-Richards-Brown
Prospect-Lewis-Westgarth
Fraser

Mitchell-Doughty
Johnson-Scuderi
Martinez-Greene
Voynov

Quick
Bernier

I don't think we need to sign anyone else. Those lines look perfect to me.

Parse?

Telos 07-03-2011 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm (Post 34574707)
Parse?

Sorry, thought he was injured during preseason :sarcasm: Fine, I will settle for Parse, though part of me wants a gritty prospect to earn the spot.

Penner-Kopitar-Williams
Gagne-Richards-Brown
Parse-Lewis-Westgarth
Fraser

Mitchell-Doughty
Johnson-Scuderi
Martinez-Greene
Voynov

Quick
Bernier

johnjm22 07-03-2011 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telos (Post 34575123)
Sorry, though he was injured during preseason :sarcasm: Fine, I will settle for Parse, though part of me wants a gritty prospect to earn the spot.

Penner-Kopitar-Williams
Gagne-Richards-Brown
Parse-Lewis-Westgarth
Fraser

Mitchell-Doughty
Johnson-Scuderi
Martinez-Greene
Voynov

Quick
Bernier

Richie is primarily a LW. He can play on the right side, but he's a little less effective there IMO.

I like the idea of rolling 4 lines. People act like Westgarth is a lock, but he only played 56 times last year. Even Terry realizes sometimes you need 4 capable lines and an enforcer isn't always necessary. Fraser doesn't belong in the NHL.

Because of the aforementioned, and the fact that Parse, Gagne, and Williams are all injury prone, I think adding an additional 3rd line RW makes sense.

Knight of the Realm 07-03-2011 12:18 AM

Penner-Kopitar-Williams
Gagne-Richards-Brown
Clifford-Stoll-Lewis
Parse-Loktionov-Richardson
ex:
Cliche/Holloway/Westgarth

or

Penner-Kopitar-Williams
Gagne-Richards-Brown
Parse-Lewis-Holloway
ex:
Cliche/Westgarth

Telos 07-03-2011 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnjm22 (Post 34575491)
Richie is predominately a LW. He can play on the right side, but he's a little less effective there IMO.

I like the idea of rolling 4 lines. People act like Westgarth is a lock, but he only played 56 times last year. Even Terry realizes sometimes you need 4 capable lines and an enforcer isn't always necessary. Fraser doesn't belong in the NHL.

Because of the aforementioned, and the fact that Parse, Gagne, and Williams are all injury prone, I think adding an additional 3rd line RW makes sense.

I think so too, I prefer Lewis and Richardson to swap places, also I think Lewis is fits better with Stoll and Clifford, but I think Richardson's seniority wins out with Murray. We'll see. Either way, I am glad we are nitpicking about third and fourth lines finally and not first or second.

Telos 07-03-2011 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm (Post 34575515)
Penner-Kopitar-Williams
Gagne-Richards-Brown
Clifford-Stoll-Lewis
Parse-Loktionov-Richardson
ex:
Cliche/Holloway/Westgarth

I like it, but Murray would never allow a fourth line of speedy offensive, non-gritty players. He is a Flyer, we must have an enforcer.

Kurrilino 07-03-2011 12:23 AM

well.... Richardson is nowhere effective than the center position.
Even with his playmaking qualitys he is a waste at the 4th line.

We should set up 3 real scoring lines and one powerfull stopper tool.

Penner - Kopitar - Williams
Gagner - Richards - Brown
Parse - Richardson - Lewis
Clifford - Stoll - King ..... yes, this King because of his speed. He could develope into a perfect 4th line destroyer

bobafettish* 07-03-2011 12:26 AM

why does everybody pencil gagne on the second with MR, because of the history?
I would love to see Kopitar play with someone who can actually finish for once.

johnjm22 07-03-2011 12:27 AM

As I said before I like Antti Miettinen. He's versatile, plays a two-way game, can score 40 points in a bottom six role, and can be bumped to the 2nd line if there's an injury. He's mainly a RW, but can also play on the left side.

Penner-Kopitar-Williams
Gagne-Richards-Brown
Clifford-Stoll-Miettinen

Ridiculously solid top 9.

KingsCourt 07-03-2011 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobafettish (Post 34575789)
why does everybody pencil gagne on the second with MR, because of the history?
I would love to see Kopitar play with someone who can actually finish for once.

That was my thought too.

KingLB 07-03-2011 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ollie Weeks (Post 34572005)
Chris Kelly-type acquisition at the deadline. That's about it as I see it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hendrydoso (Post 34573657)
I hope that we save the cap space remaining(after signing all of our RFA's) and leave some spots for the youth to get their cup 'o coffees maybe a few sticking around out of camp for a while. If they aren't ready then we have lots of assets and we should have the cap space to make some important trades to fill in the gaps.

Compine these thoughts. You give young kids a chance early, and if during the season you deem them not ready, you move a 3rd/depth prospect/both for a quality bottom 6er at the deadline.

Primakov! 07-03-2011 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capn Brown (Post 34573079)
If we could get him for under $1 million, would you guys want John Madden?

I could picture Lombardi biting on somebody like John Madden to bring in a bit more Stanley Cup experience. Another old timer might even be Jamie Langenbrunner who has always been known as a solid locker room presence.

They're both old, I know, but you can easily imagine Lombardi citing that the addition of their type of experience and character to the team would be valuable beyond just statistical numbers.

cneil99 07-03-2011 12:49 AM

Dennis Bernstein of the 4th period a few times on twitter tonight that there is one more big move the kings could be involved with. I asked him if it was a D or F, he says forward. I don't have a clue what more they could do.

Ajtacker 07-03-2011 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cneil99 (Post 34576463)
Dennis Bernstein of the 4th period a few times on twitter tonight that there is one more big move the kings could be involved with. I asked him if it was a D or F, he says forward. I don't have a clue what more they could do.

I'm so happy with what we have I don't want to do a thing until the deadline.

KopitarFAN 07-03-2011 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajtacker (Post 34576619)
I'm so happy with what we have I don't want to do a thing until the deadline.

You're lying if you say you aren't the least bit excited about the possibility of a "big move".

That said, I doubt anything comes to fruition.

CNS 07-03-2011 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KopitarFAN (Post 34576699)
You're lying if you say you aren't the least bit excited about the possibility of a "big move".

That said, I doubt anything comes to fruition.

I'm not excited nor lying. I'm ecstatic with where we are. A big move will cost. No thanks.